[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Handicapping the Teams

muck

How many games do the Panthers win this year?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. How many games do the Panthers win this year?

• 0-3
    • 4-6
    • 7-9
    • 10-12
    • 13-16

Several things lead me to believe that the Panthers will be much improved this year, compared to last year. I think they really focused on improving the OL and the running game with picking JStew and Otah at #13 and #19, respectively. In the pre-season, (especially the Redskins game) the OL and Stewart really showed some nice strides in both areas. Throw in an improved DW and you have the makings of a pretty potent running game.

Now, look at Delhomme back at QB and the new FA WRs that we signed to take heat off of Smith and you should have an improved passing game as well, as last year was horrible after Jake went down and we still managed to win 7 games. If we can make it to 1-1 after Smith returns 9 wins if very attainable for them as they face the Falcons twice, will likely split with both the Bucs and the Saints and get to play against the weak teams in the AFC West in KC, Oakland and Denver.

The hugh improvement of the offense should allow the Panthers to control the clock much better this year and give the Defense some much needed rest during the game. Peppers looks like he is back causing havoc for DCs trying to contain him and the great depth at LB with Beason handling the middle means that the Panthers D could be a very good FA pickup for those who missed out on one of the top Ds in your recent Fantasy Draft. I think they are poised to be in the top 10 again this year and could really surprise.

I am thinking that a 10-6 record and a playoff berth as either the Division winner or a wildcard is very possible.

Several things lead me to believe that the Panthers will be much improved this year, compared to last year. I think they really focused on improving the OL and the running game with picking JStew and Otah at #13 and #19, respectively. In the pre-season, (especially the Redskins game) the OL and Stewart really showed some nice strides in both areas. Throw in an improved DW and you have the makings of a pretty potent running game.

Now, look at Delhomme back at QB and the new FA WRs that we signed to take heat off of Smith and you should have an improved passing game as well, as last year was horrible after Jake went down and we still managed to win 7 games. If we can make it to 1-1 after Smith returns 9 wins if very attainable for them as they face the Falcons twice, will likely split with both the Bucs and the Saints and get to play against the weak teams in the AFC West in KC, Oakland and Denver.

The hugh improvement of the offense should allow the Panthers to control the clock much better this year and give the Defense some much needed rest during the game. Peppers looks like he is back causing havoc for DCs trying to contain him and the great depth at LB with Beason handling the middle means that the Panthers D could be a very good FA pickup for those who missed out on one of the top Ds in your recent Fantasy Draft. I think they are poised to be in the top 10 again this year and could really surprise.

I am thinking that a 10-6 record and a playoff berth as either the Division winner or a wildcard is very possible.

I actually took the Panthers DST in my local (where DST is important). I am glad you think they will turn thigs around. They were good a few years back but I think they came 30th overall last year. I hope my investment pays off (got them for $1 in auction).

I actually took the Panthers DST in my local (where DST is important). I am glad you think they will turn thigs around. They were good a few years back but I think they came 30th overall last year. I hope my investment pays off (got them for $1 in auction).

I actually did some analysis on the game stats for last season and 6 of their 7 wins were when the Panthers controlled the ball for more than 30:00 minutes and 8 or their 9 losses were when the Panthers lost the T.O.P. battle, in many cases pretty badly for the Panthers when they only controlled the ball for 21, 22, 25 minutes etc. so do the math when the D was on the field for nearly 35 to 40 minutes during those few games, they got tired and gave up many points in the 3rd and 4th quarters. The only W was when they beat the Saints the game Jake went down and when the Colts beat them badly. I believe that Fox and Hurney realized that it was their inability to control the clock took them out of "Panthers football" and lead them to pick both Stewart and Otah to take them back to that winning formula. IF the offense can hold the ball for 30 - 35 minutes per game the defense will be fresher in the 4th quarter and will help close out those games instead if being gassed at the end and giving up plenty of points in the 3rd and 4th quarters. So, the impact of Stewart and Otah will not only help the offense put up some points, but I think that the Defense will really surprise and turn back into a top 10 defense.

CAR @ MIN - L

NO @ CAR - L

9 - 7

I think the Panthers have a good chance to beat the Vikings as I like our improved running game to allow the Minny D to focus on stopping it, but I see Steve Smith out to prove how much the Panthers need him and having a big game when he returns. I also think the Panthers have a good chance of splitting their 2 games with the Saints as we beat them twice last year with a team that is less talented then I think this team is. It will not just the Steve Smith show this year with Jake, DW and JStew all capable of making big plays. I think the other games you picked were about what I think the other wins or losses. Guess that is the fun of predicting to see how close you are. I will stick with my 10-6 prediction, but I am not sure which of those extra Wins gets us to 10-6. :wacko:

If we can make it to 1-1 after Smith returns 9 wins if very attainable for them as they face the Falcons twice, will likely split with both the Bucs and the Saints and get to play against the weak teams in the AFC West in KC, Oakland and Denver.

Not sure why Denver is lumped in with Oakland and KC as "weak"?

Not sure why Denver is lumped in with Oakland and KC as "weak"?

Just a personal opinion. I don't think they did much to improve their team. Clady will help the OL, but who is the RB? Young, Hall, Torrain, it used to be that Shanny could throw out any re-tread and they would rush for 1,500 yards or more, but their OL is not good as it just to be.?? Will Eddie Royal take double teams off Marshall? Is the Denver D improved their pass rush? The Denver D surrrendered more than 400 points last year and I see them in some shootouts as I am not sure if the D will hold up. I will be the first to admit I don't follow the Broncos much, so I may be wrong, but until I see them on TV, to change my view, I see them as a 7-9 to 8-8 team, just like last year.