[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2008 Week 1 Gamblers (Anonymous) Thread

Steeltown Dre

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Detroit

Buffalo

Carolina

Philly (w/ a lean towards the Under)

Dal/Cle Under

First a word on a few of the reasons why I like Carolina + here.

* Carolina is a very good road dog towards the beginning of the season - since 2002 in week 1-7 of the season, Carolina is 13-3 ATS, including 3-0 last season.

* Carolina is very good at traveling to the West coast, and most games go over -though it has been 4 seasons since Carolina last made the trip west, they have gone 9-1 ATS when traveling to play either the Chargers, the Raiders, the Niners or the Seahawks.

* With regard to the total in this game, in Carolina's West coast trips, the Over has gone 7-3. This conflicts with the fact that as a road dog in the early part of the season, the Under has gone 13-4, including 3-0 last year and 2-1 the year prior.

Second, a few of the reasons why I like Buffalo.

* When a West Coast team (SD, Sea, Oak, SF) travels to the East Coast (AFC East, NFC East) in the early part of the season as a Dog, they are a mere 2-11 SU since 2002. In these games, the Over has gone 9-4.

* Seattle is 1-10 ATS overall vs. the AFC East in the last 10 years. In their games, the Over has gone 9-2.

* Giving the over a good look here could be wise but is not the top play in this game.

A few reasons why I like the Dallas/Cleveland Under

* In week 1 when the home team in a dog and there is a high total (over 45), the Under has gone 6-1 since 2002 and 10-1 since 1989.

* Ignoring that the home team is a dog, Week 1 games w/ totals over 45 have produced Unders at a tune of 14-4 since 2002.

A few reasons why I like Philly and lean towards the Under

* St. Louis is 5-12-1 ATS when playing the NFC East, including 1-5 ATS since 2002, losing by an avg of 10 points and failing to cover by an avg of 7 points.

* In addition, the Under in these games has gone 5-1, falling under the posted total by an avg of 7 points.

* St. Louis is 1-5 ATS in it's Week 1 matchups since 2002, and and the Under is 5-1. The only two games under Linehan both went under.

5-1 in these plays today, and in the plays which I posted actual analysis went perfect 5-0. That makes my plays 7-1 thus far for week 1.

Hope you guys rode along!

did pretty well on these last season. 9-1

My Lock of the day

INDY -9.5

I know its a late game, so if you need some action here's my 2 game 7 pt tease. Betting it as much as my lock.

PATS -8.5

JAGS +4

rough day there.......hopefully you can turn it around and get back to ur 9-1 self

my plays so far

9271 Skins / Giants over 41 55 50 - lost

9272 Vikes 2.5 110 100 - lost

9273 Vikes / GB over 38 55 50 - won

9275 Saints -3 110 100 won

9307 Giants -4.5 110 100 won ( thanks Dre )

9321 Dallas -5.5 110 100 won

Edited by MustOfBeenDrunk

2-1 in posted plays this week. (posted before the games)

Probably shouldn't press my luck, but feeling it for Green Bay tonight. I'll lay the two for half my winnings for the week.

Good luck tonight fellas. I didn't see anything that jumped off the map to me, when I analyzed things earlier in the week and more recently.

It's a long season and I'm not forcing anything. But if you guys like a side or total, good luck in your selections.

P.S. It's really nice to see this thread again and the great guys we had from last year. Ratt, Mojo, Trots, Whomper, Wildcat, Keggerz and others!

Good Luck Fellas!!!

early games I am on

DET

CIN

JAX

NO

rough day - did hit Car in the afternoon for a 2-3 day - Cin/Det asbolutely inept , should know better than to lay chalk on the road with them........

Dre - well done, nice day for week 1!

tonight

MN/BG over 37

Den -2.5

2-1 in posted plays this week. (posted before the games)

Probably shouldn't press my luck, but feeling it for Green Bay tonight. I'll lay the two for half my winnings for the week.

nice call Ratt - way to end the week on a good note - I salvaged my poorr effort on Sunday with a nice 2-0 night

looking forward to week 2 already