[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brady Broken Foot

Patriots

I do not have a link but WEEI in Boston is reporting that Brady has a broken foot, but will play on Sunday. He had an MRI on 8/15 which revealed the brake. I do not know the severity of this injury, but they did say he was going to play this week.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe anything that comes out of Foxboro, whether it comes from the team or the media covering the team. The Pats are masters of finding every back door, loophole, or whatever you want to call it when it comes to accurate and truthful reporting of injuries.

That being said, here's the audio: http://audio.weei.com/m/audio/20825621/new....htm?pageid=966

This all sounds like crap to me. One would think (or, in us Pats fans' cases, hope) that they'd have gone out and signed some sort of veteran help at qb if there was an issue like this.

This all sounds like crap to me. One would think (or, in us Pats fans' cases, hope) that they'd have gone out and signed some sort of veteran help at qb if there was an issue like this.

I agree - There is no way they would ever take a chance with Cassell. If Cassell was playing on Sunday than the KC defense would e the hottest pickup this week. :wacko:

I agree - There is no way they would ever take a chance with Cassell. If Cassell was playing on Sunday than the KC defense would e the hottest pickup this week. :wacko:

I hear this all the time about Cassel.

I wonder where people get the idea that they have any idea what Cassel is capable of in real game situations. Look back at the times when Cassel has played. It's been either in preseason games running a completely blase offense OR at the tail and of a blowout. Either way he's typically been throwing to players that are not NFL starter caliber and not had top TE and RB skill players with him on the field.

This isn't a prediction that he will set the world on fire, but more of a cautious optimism that he can play well when he has the full complement of players at his disposal and is running the full Patriots offense. JMO, but this coaching staff would not have kept the guy around for this long if he didn;t know what he was doing. I think that's compounded by the situation, which the organization clearly knew about long before any of us did.

I hear this all the time about Cassel.

I wonder where people get the idea that they have any idea what Cassel is capable of in real game situations.

By watching him play. There's a big difference between putting the ball in the right spot, or reading a D properly and going to its weakness, and having the receiver drop the ball. It's another thing completely to look like a deer in the headlights, making poor reads & poors throws when given the opportunity - whether that's in mop up duty, preseason games, or OTAs.

Cassell falls into the latter category - in fact, he falls way into it, IMO.