[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brady Broken Foot

Patriots

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By watching him play. There's a big difference between putting the ball in the right spot, or reading a D properly and going to its weakness, and having the receiver drop the ball. It's another thing completely to look like a deer in the headlights, making poor reads & poors throws when given the opportunity - whether that's in mop up duty, preseason games, or OTAs.

Cassell falls into the latter category - in fact, he falls way into it, IMO.

Again, I am not trying to paint a rosy picture as much as say that I think people's observations at this point are based on limited information based on situation and personnel. I have probably seen as much Patriots Football as any person on this board. I do not have supreme confidence in Cassell, bu I also don't share in the immense doubt others have. I think that you will see the real Matt Cassell if Brady can't play. Maybe it's the one you think you have seen in the past. I dunno.

Time will tell. I have a fair amount of faith in the Pats ability to put judge and keep the right players.

Again, I am not trying to paint a rosy picture as much as say that I think people's observations at this point are based on limited information based on situation and personnel. I have probably seen as much Patriots Football as any person on this board. I do not have supreme confidence in Cassell, bu I also don't share in the immense doubt others have. I think that you will see the real Matt Cassell if Brady can't play. Maybe it's the one you think you have seen in the past. I dunno.

Time will tell. I have a fair amount of faith in the Pats ability to put judge and keep the right players.

remember when bill inserted matt into the game in miami last year? tom had already thrown 5 tds....i think matt misfired on his first attempt and the 2nd one was picked off and returned for a td by jason taylor....and that was the end of that

i agree with you that is safe to have a fair amount of faith in the guys who make decisions to keep the right guys...but they certainly arent perfect...and i just havent seen anything from cassel that makes me feel good..

i have LJ starting this weekend...and im going aganst the brady/moss owner....lol...anyone else hear about potential heavy rains leftover from the storm?

Tom Brady (foot) jogged, ran through agility drills, and worked on three-step drops during the initial part of Patriots practice Wednesday.

Brady could be listed as questionable when the official injury report comes out on Friday, but expect him to start. The Pats host K.C. at 1PM ET Sunday.

Source: Boston Globe

A few thoughts:

1. Really, I don't think there is much to see out of Cassell.. It's a Sorgi/Manning type of situation, not Montana/Young.

2. I have Brady and I'm definitely grabbing Kurt Warner off waivers if I can get him tonight.

3. I don't think this means Brady is not going to play, it means it's going to be a struggle all year, he'll be questionable every week. His performance may go downhill once the games start...but we don't know for sure.

4. If he was really messed up, wouldn't they have tried to get Chad Pennington? Or did they, but did Miami get him off waivers first? (Pennington to Moss again, could be sweet!) OR, Brady has a week 4 bye, why not sit him for three weeks until week 5?

Good luck to all other Brady owners....

Edited by The Waterboy

A few thoughts:

1. Really, I don't think there is much to see out of Cassell.. It's a Sorgi/Manning type of situation, not Montana/Young.

2. I have Brady and I'm definitely grabbing Kurt Warner off waivers if I can get him tonight.

3. I don't think this means Brady is not going to play, it means it's going to be a struggle all year, he'll be questionable every week. His performance may go downhill once the games start...but we don't know for sure.

4. If he was really messed up, wouldn't they have tried to get Chad Pennington? Or did they, but did Miami get him off waivers first? (Pennington to Moss again, could be sweet!) OR, Brady has a week 4 bye, why not sit him for three weeks until week 5?

Good luck to all other Brady owners....

Not me :D

But I am a Moss owner :wacko:

Tom Brady (foot) jogged, ran through agility drills, and worked on three-step drops during the initial part of Patriots practice Wednesday.

Brady could be listed as questionable when the official injury report comes out on Friday, but expect him to start. The Pats host K.C. at 1PM ET Sunday.

Source: Boston Globe

Did anyone actually see Mr. Brady do these things or is this just the team issued press release?