[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packers/Vikings week

Randall

I seem to remember this same sort of conversation going on last year....... In New York!! It was one game, you tell T-Jax's timing was off with his receivers,(Berrian barely played in the preseason as did T-Jax for that matter) the O'line was not giving him time but having Hicks instead of McKinnie is a drop off.

I am not saying T-Jax is going to be the best QB in the North, but Eli was not the best QB in the East last year. I will wait to make judgement after a few more games. If we can go 2-2 after 4 I will be very happy. Not predicting a SB win for the Vikings but not giving up on them either.

For as badly as the Vikings played last night they had a chance to win the game. GB had 3 big plays, Pass to Jennings, punt return for TD, and Grants long run. Other than that they looked average. For gosh sakes, it took them 6 chances from the 1 to score a TD! Packer fans can celebrate their victory and they deserve it. Congratulations to Aaron Rodgers on his first NFL victory. Packer fans now have something to suck on since they lost Favre and they will try and substitute Rodgers to take the sting away. Lets see how he does over the long grind of the NFL season and especially outside of the friendly confines of Lambeau Field.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to remember this same sort of conversation going on last year....... In New York!! It was one game, you tell T-Jax's timing was off with his receivers,(Berrian barely played in the preseason as did T-Jax for that matter) the O'line was not giving him time but having Hicks instead of McKinnie is a drop off.

I am not saying T-Jax is going to be the best QB in the North, but Eli was not the best QB in the East last year. I will wait to make judgement after a few more games. If we can go 2-2 after 4 I will be very happy. Not predicting a SB win for the Vikings but not giving up on them either.

For as badly as the Vikings played last night they had a chance to win the game. GB had 3 big plays, Pass to Jennings, punt return for TD, and Grants long run. Other than that they looked average. For gosh sakes, it took them 6 chances from the 1 to score a TD! Packer fans can celebrate their victory and they deserve it. Congratulations to Aaron Rodgers on his first NFL victory. Packer fans now have something to suck on since they lost Favre and they will try and substitute Rodgers to take the sting away. Lets see how he does over the long grind of the NFL season and especially outside of the friendly confines of Lambeau Field.

Good points. If he doesn't get it this year though they may give up on him.

I have to disagree here-I don't think GB looked average. I think they looked like a good team playing against a very good defense.

Add to that the f-tard "fans" who've been riding this guy through camp. Telling him he sucks, etc. They remind me of the vinegary fresh nimrods who booed McNabb on draft day. If the Pack do well behind Rodgers, they have no right to share in the victory.

:wacko: Couldn't have said it better, you wine sipping fairy :D

Minnesota will continue to wallow in mediocrity until Childress and his inbred black son Tarvaris are gone. And the longer that lasts, they will just piss away the talent they have in the O-line, backfield, and rush defense.

That reminds me, I forgot to send Zygi his annual email where I thank him for squatting on Childress so that GB didn't even get a chance to interview him.

(Rodgers) said one thing about the fans that was dumb but other than has been great.

Even the "dumb" thing he said is something a LOT of GB fans pretty much agreed with, and IMO was dead-on. But unfortunately it could have been said better and those who were (are?) unwilling to give a non-Favre Packer QB a break jumped all over it.

McCarthy press conference on victory over Vikings

By Greg A. Bedard

Tuesday, Sep 9 2008, 04:20 PM

Green Bay - Coach Mike McCarthy is about to start his press conference about the Packers' 24-19 victory over the Minnesota Vikings on Monday night.

We'll bring you all the noteworthy information once it starts: Atari Bigby (biceps strain), Charles Woodson (toe) and Ruvell Martin (finger) came away with injuries. They don't appear to be serious.

McCarthy did not watch the film. He has moved on to planning for Detroit.

The Donald Driver touchdown that was called back because of Tony Moll being downfield was a run play where Aaron Rodgers decided to pass. Moll was run blocking on the play.

"It's one game. We have a lot of work to do."

Rodgers probably "ran a little more than we would have liked but he was smart about it."

Ryan Grant's hamstring was very sore at halftime and it affected him on his long run. "He gave us all he had," McCarthy said. "I know he's a little frustrated."

"We definitely need to fix (the penalties)." That was an area the Packers wanted to improve on this season. "Maybe I had them too pumped up."

Moll did "OK. I would say he had a solid performance."

Scott Wells and James Jones are expected to practice this week. Josh Sitton "is close."

"We're getting healthy."

"Very happy with the punting. Wish he'd kick everyone like the first kick. That's my kind of punt."

The blocked field goal was a low kick.

Earlier trash talk by Jared Allen and Pat Williams.

Williams 6 total tackles.

Allen had zero stats.

MANKATO, Minn. – Brett Favre is gone to the Big Apple, awash in a spin cycle of helicopter tours and glorious punishment laps and stream-of-consciousness musings about his latest life turn.

Meanwhile, back in the NFC North, the nasty rivalry the ex-Green Bay legend left behind is hotter than ever.

Between the quarterback’s abortive effort to land in Minnesota and the tampering charge the Packers filed against the Vikings, who were subsequently exonerated by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, there’s a lot of lingering bitterness between the two franchises. Throw in the Pack’s status as a team that finished a game away from the Super Bowl last season and the near-universal coronation of the Vikes as the NFC’s trendy power-on-the-rise, and that Sept. 8 regular-season opener at Lambeau Field can’t come soon enough.

This was confirmed Sunday when I visited the Vikings’ training camp home at Minnesota State University and asked Pro Bowl nose tackle Pat Williams whether he’d been keeping up on the Favre saga.

“Damn, that’s their problem,” Williams said. “They’re going through all that as a team, trying to figure out if Favre or (Aaron) Rodgers was the man, while we’ve got the same team we had all offseason. I’m glad they got all that darn press, ‘cause when we go down there it’ll be the kid’s first start and his first damn loss.”

Williams, a 12th-year veteran, didn’t limit his enmity to Rodgers. He’s also gunning for Packers halfback Ryan Grant, who last year was the only player to rush for more than 100 yards against Minnesota, with 119 in a 34-0 Green Bay blowout at Lambeau last November.

“I’m going to try to crush all of ‘em,” Williams said. “That’s been the focus of my whole summer – the Green Bay Packers.”

Rest assured that Williams isn’t alone. All-Pro defensive end Jared Allen, acquired by the Vikings in an April trade with the Chiefs, has his own welcome-to-the-rivalry ritual in mind for Rodgers.

“Playing Green Bay on Monday night to start the season – that’s everything you want,” Allen said. “Hopefully, I can put my helmet square in the back of his spine. If I can do that and knock the ball loose, it’ll be a good day.” :wacko:

For what it’s worth, Williams believes the Packers’ decision to choose Rodgers over Favre was a great development for the Vikings.

“They had a nice year last year, but they don’t understand that Brett made those guys better than they were,” Williams said. “He has the game all figured out, and you’ve got to factor all that into the equation. Brett Favre would throw the ball when the receivers hadn’t even made their cut yet, and it would be there waiting for them. Those guys had it good.

“People think it’s the system, but it ain’t no damn system. Brett Favre just knows where his guys are going to be at all times, and I don’t think Aaron Rodgers has got that yet.”

OK, that’s enough Rodgers bashing for today. It’s time for me to take my medicine.