[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

CPep Retires

keggerz

Retirement is effective immediately Per ESPN via John Clayton

CPep is quoted as saying "Since I was not given a fair chance to come in and compete for a job,

I would rather move on and win in other areas of life."

Edited by keggerz

I wonder why he so stubbornly refused to hire another agent? I mean that's fine, it's his choice and everything, but if he REALLY wanted another chance to play in the NFL, then he would have hired someone to represent him instead of obviously failing in that role for himself.

I wonder if (deep down) he really knew he was a shadow of his former self(which was always overrated, anyways, by playing most of the time with HOF calibre WRs...) and rather than further demonstrate he had lost it, he decided to be difficult enough in dealing with teams that no one would hire him? Then he could blame it on being "blackballed" by the owners/GMs of the league and hang 'em up rather than admit he was no longer a good enough QB for the NFL? Gotta be something like that because there is no real reason he doesnt have a job unless he didnt "really" want one. I mean, Todd Friggin Bouman(from my alma mater, but still...) just got signed for the love of god.

If Daunte was smart and he was really confident he could still be a starter in this league, he should have taken the offer to be the backup with GB. I thought I read it was $1mil and worst case scenario is he makes a million for holding the clipboard. Best case, he either outplays Rodgers or comes in when Rodgers gets injured and never relinquishes the reigns. Either way, he'd be better off IMO.

I was at the Panthers - Vikings four years ago when he tore his ACL and MCL that day and never thought he wouldn't bounce back from that injury. He hasn't been the same player and I had been routing for him, but alas it was not to be. He and Moss helped me win a championship or two back when the two of them were budding stars.

Good luck to him when he starts his new chapter of life after football.

If Daunte was smart and he was really confident he could still be a starter in this league, he should have taken the offer to be the backup with GB. I thought I read it was $1mil and worst case scenario is he makes a million for holding the clipboard. Best case, he either outplays Rodgers or comes in when Rodgers gets injured and never relinquishes the reigns. Either way, he'd be better off IMO.

This makes too much sense. Daunte showed his true colors when he played his part in Moss' departure. Thing is, at the time, everyone else believed all those things about Moss being the sole reason for all of the Viking's ills so Daunte came off as a saint.

Injury was another reason Moss was chased out of town. Well, Culpepper not only got injured too but made it more difficult for the organization to keep him by refusing to participate with the team in rehab AND then topped it all off with a boat party. From his stint with the Vikings to present, Daunte has shown what he's all about... and that's Daunte. Taking a backup job or admitting he needed to work hard to return from injury would've meant swallowing his pride and working his way back. That is something he's wholly incapable of doing.

In fact Daunte probably represents himself because no one wants to deal with a player with such a massively inflated opinion of himself... moreso than the usual star athlete. I'm willing to wager Culpepper was a pain in the ass, even for the Rosenhauses of the sports agent world, because he deluded himself into believing he was something he's not.

Maybe I'm in the minority here but I absolutely agree with C-Pep on his statements. If you look at the STARTING QB's for the Bills, Ravens, Bears, Lions, Chiefs, Dolphins, Vikings, Raiders and 49ers, C-Pep is at the very least equal to those scrubs.

He could also be considered for teams with aging QB's like the Cardinals, Bucs and Panthers IMO. I know one thing, he would definately be a great back-up QB to have on ANY teams roster at the very least so it's ashame he's choosing to retire.

Maybe he's truly washed up and his skills have eroded or he has a horrible agent but I can't believe a league full of mediocre QB's wouldn't want C-Pep for at least back-up duties. Or maybe C-Pep feels like he's still starter material and doesn't really want to be a back-up anywhere. It's just funny how quickly athletes fall. He put up some heavy numbers in his prime and his overall stats are pretty darn good. We're not talking about a bust like Tim Couch or Ryan Leaf here. If C-Pep isn't wanted by any team in this sad state of QB's in the NFL, how does a bust like Joey Harrington get a 4th chance on a different team? Maybe it's just me......

Maybe I'm in the minority here but I absolutely agree with C-Pep on his statements. If you look at the STARTING QB's for the Bills, Ravens, Bears, Lions, Chiefs, Dolphins, Vikings, Raiders and 49ers, C-Pep is at the very least equal to those scrubs.

He could also be considered for teams with aging QB's like the Cardinals, Bucs and Panthers IMO. I know one thing, he would definately be a great back-up QB to have on ANY teams roster at the very least so it's ashame he's choosing to retire.

Maybe he's truly washed up and his skills have eroded or he has a horrible agent but I can't believe a league full of mediocre QB's wouldn't want C-Pep for at least back-up duties. Or maybe C-Pep feels like he's still starter material and doesn't really want to be a back-up anywhere. It's just funny how quickly athletes fall. He put up some heavy numbers in his prime and his overall stats are pretty darn good. We're not talking about a bust like Tim Couch or Ryan Leaf here. If C-Pep isn't wanted by any team in this sad state of QB's in the NFL, how does a bust like Joey Harrington get a 4th chance on a different team? Maybe it's just me......

Umm, excuse me Mrs Culpepper, but if what Big John said was true your baby turned down a backup job during the offseason. So it would seem that it was him, not the league, that decided he was not worhty of being, at least a backup.

Umm, excuse me Mrs Culpepper, but if what Big John said was true your baby turned down a backup job during the offseason. So it would seem that it was him, not the league, that decided he was not worhty of being, at least a backup.

Maybe if you read (see below and my previous post) what I wrote without getting into name calling you wouldn't have wasted writing a meaningless two sentences. No need to repeat what I already wrote genius.

"Maybe he's truly washed up and his skills have eroded or he has a horrible agent but I can't believe a league full of mediocre QB's wouldn't want C-Pep for at least back-up duties. Or maybe C-Pep feels like he's still starter material and doesn't really want to be a back-up anywhere."

In related news, I just retired as well. I just couldnt get a fair shot at being an NFL quarterback. I am moving on to win in other areas of my life.

:wacko: I took a late flyer on you