[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Suicide pool - Week 1

Sgt Ryan

A few years ago I made it through the entire season without losing in 25k contest. So did one other guy. We had to pick the total in the Superbowl to decide the winner. It was the Eagles vs Patriots. I picked 41 and he picked 46. Last Philly TD in garbage time with under 2 minuntes cost me 25k, ouch!!!! Anyway, the one thing I learned from that year is that you cannot think like everybody else and win. Most of the fish will be eliminated on 2-3 games each year. Try to find sleepers in the early weeks and save your big dogs for later. I'm gonna roll the dice this week with Buffalo.... Good luck.

Some interesting ideas here - I won one last year by just flying under the radar and avoiding the big fav each week - early on many people went down together in obvious win scenarios. Nothing unique, but it's a good strategy. One thing that I think is important is to avoid taking bad teams no matter what - nothing worse than picking a bad team and watching them suck it up.

That being said, I'm considering Detroit this week... :wacko:

I have nagging worry about Edwards taking the Chiefs up against his old nemesis, but that should be pretty safe. I think Philly is a really good pick this week, and probably will get my vote. Would be nice to use McNabb and Westbrook before they go down or are gametime decisions each week.

I know you want to save your big dogs for later, but ARI over SF? First, it's a divisional game. Second, it's a road game for ARI. Third, SF swept the season series last year. On paper, I agree that ARI should handle SF, but I'm staying away from that one. I like the Buffalo pick a LOT more. Seattle has a hobbled QB with no WRs and a suspect running game. I think Buffalo can win the home opener.