[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jamal Lewis game time decision

loaf

Link

Running back Jamal Lewis (hamstring) was limited in practice Friday and is listed as questionable for Sunday's opener against the Dallas Cowboys.

Lewis will be a game-time decision, coach Romeo Crennel said.

So who's the guy to get the most touches in his absence, Wright or Harrison? The huddle update says Harrison, but the huddle and nfl.com depth chart says Wright is #2. Wright is the bigger back (though not by much) and Harrison has alwasy seemed like a 3rd down back. Wright also got most of the action last year when Lewis went down. Any homers take on the situation?

I'm not a homer, but as a two year Lewis owner, Wright was the handcuff last year and racked up ~100 APY in two games in Lewis' absence.

I also read some quotes from Crennel on Sportsline reprinted from the Akron Beacon-Journal where he basically said the same thing, Harrison is a 3rd down guy, Wright is an everydown back.

Both will probably get carries, but I grabbed Wright as my handcuff and I think the Huddle dropped the ball here.

Harrison's in line for first and second downs with Wright being the 3rd down back.

I wished I woulda known this a tad earlier:

(Rotoworld) Browns GM Phil Savage outlined the roles of his backup running backs.

Analysis: If Jamal Lewis suffers an injury, Jerome Harrison would take over first- and second-down plays, and Jason Wright would stay as a third-down back and special teamer. Savage said Lewis (hamstring) should be "good to go in the next day or two." He also stated that Lewis needs at least 15-20 carries weekly to "maximize what he can do," so the other backs won't see regular carries.

Harrison's in line for first and second downs with Wright being the 3rd down back.

I wished I woulda known this a tad earlier:

The Plain Dealer didn't say Wright wouldn't be the starter. Rotoworld's analysis could very well be wrong. If you click on the link this is what the Plain Dealer actually said

"If Lewis (hamstring) is unable to play, he will be replaced by Jason Wright and Jerome Harrison."

No break down is given there. It appears Rotoworld is speculating. They do this pretty often.

This is what the Browns say

"Jason stepped in last year and represented himself very well. Harrison, when he's had the opportunities to get in, he's shown that he can make some plays as well.

"So I think that between the two of them, they might be able to live up to what Jamal gives us."

Edited by Randall

Do you have a date on that? This was from late July, copied off Sportsline. Now, I know, "sportsline," but it gives a reference and it's a direct quote from Crennel.

Given the size of Harrison at 5'9", I'm having a hard time buying it.

Updated 7/28/08

Wright, Jason RB CLE

News: The Beacon Journal reports the Browns have faith in little-used running backs Jason Wright and Jerome Harrison as the backups to eight-year veteran Jamal Lewis. GM Phil Savage and coach Romoe Crennel seem confident they're prepared if Lewis has to sit. "I think Jason is a very solid guy for us, he knows the offense, he can go in and play first, second or third down, plus he's a tremendous special teams player," Crennel said. "Jerome has that special knack, that quickness out of the backfield, the third-down back. I told Jerome he needs to improve his special teams play and that will help him be on the team." Analysis: Wright would have the most Fantasy value if something happened to Lewis and is worth taking with a late-round pick in all leagues. Harrison is third on the depth chart and is not worth drafting at this time.

Wright is the handcuff.... harrison would also get carries, but Wright is definitely the guy who starts.... that said, I wouldn't want either against Dallas.

:D from MFL. :wacko:

The Medina County Gazette reports Cleveland Browns RB Jamal Lewis (hamstring) was limited during practice Friday, Sept. 5. He is listed as questionable for Week 1 and will be a game-time decision.

Analysis: Jerome Harrison would be the guy to start if Lewis can't go, so if you handcuffed you should be in decent shape by going with Harrison either way. If you didn't and only have Lewis, look somewhere else. Not only is this a matchup against a good defense, but starting Lewis this week has implosion written all over it.

.... and the huddle. :D

http://football8.myfantasyleague.com/2008/...=10856TheHuddle

Edited by Down Goes Frazia

:D from MFL. :wacko:

The Medina County Gazette reports Cleveland Browns RB Jamal Lewis (hamstring) was limited during practice Friday, Sept. 5. He is listed as questionable for Week 1 and will be a game-time decision.

Analysis: Jerome Harrison would be the guy to start if Lewis can't go, so if you handcuffed you should be in decent shape by going with Harrison either way. If you didn't and only have Lewis, look somewhere else. Not only is this a matchup against a good defense, but starting Lewis this week has implosion written all over it.

.... and the huddle. :D

http://football8.myfantasyleague.com/2008/...=10856TheHuddle

yep frazia nailed it :D

Well, I picked up Harrison on theHuddle's advice, but Wright is still out there if they're wrong.

I don't know what I'll do if Lewis can't go, thanks to the 12th pick in a 3-player keeper league I got a bag of dicks at running back (Lewis, Harrison, Rudi, Perry, Stewart, Slaton, Morris)

Edited by gsmayes

"Then (Jerome) Harrison and (Jason) Wright ... they'll carry the load," Head Coach Romeo Crennel said Friday. "Jason stepped in last year and represented himself very well. Harrison, when he's had the opportunities to get in, has shown he can make some plays.

"Between the two of them, they might be able to live up to what Jamal gives us."

without giving links (sorry guys I'm on the fly).... i've seen sites (both pay and free) that have wright listed as the handcuff and some that have harrison (including huddle and rotoworld).... hate to say it, but the ones that have been most dependable to me in the past (sorry huddle) have wright listed as handcuff. So sorry if I misled, but I choose to believe it's wright.

That said.... I still wouldn't go with either... whoever starts, they're both going to get carries.... and even if there was one clear cut guy, it's doubtful he'd do well against Dallas... and that includes Lewis.

yep frazia nailed it :wacko:

I don't see where the Huddle knows when the team won't say but at least MFL is quoting them/us. That has to be good.

Here's a link Does Savage though decide or Crennel?

Harrison backup: Savage said in the event Lewis missed time, Jerome Harrison would be the first- and second-down starter while Jason Wright would remain the third-down back. It's a departure from last season, when Wright started one game in place of the injured Lewis (foot).

Edited by Randall

fantasyguru:

Brown RB Jamal Lewis (hamstring-questionable) took in less than his normal reps in Friday’s practice. The team will work him out a few hours before the game to see how his hamstring reacts. As of now, his chances of playing are about 60%. The team is being cautious with him because this is the first time he’s dealt with a hamstring injury in many years. If he can’t play, backup RB Jason Wright would start with #3 RB Jerome Harrison backing him up.

fantasyguru:

Brown RB Jamal Lewis (hamstring-questionable) took in less than his normal reps in Friday’s practice. The team will work him out a few hours before the game to see how his hamstring reacts. As of now, his chances of playing are about 60%. The team is being cautious with him because this is the first time he’s dealt with a hamstring injury in many years. If he can’t play, backup RB Jason Wright would start with #3 RB Jerome Harrison backing him up.

A lot of opinions, but I guess I would go with Savage. At least he's on the team. What's with all these pundits making guesses based on their own opinions?

I don't see where the Huddle knows when the team won't say but at least MFL is quoting them/us. That has to be good.

Here's a link Does Savage though decide or Crennel?

Harrison backup: Savage said in the event Lewis missed time, Jerome Harrison would be the first- and second-down starter while Jason Wright would remain the third-down back. It's a departure from last season, when Wright started one game in place of the injured Lewis (foot).

ummm yeah that is where i read it at....how much clearer does it get when it comes from either Savage or Romeo's mouth?

and you say above(bolded) When the team wont say....again i say What is Savage :wacko:

Edited by keggerz