[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ESPN Packer fans expect Aaron Rodgers to take team to the Super Bowl

Randall

What? Tom Jackson needs to check with the real fans instead of jumping to conclusions.

We know there will be bumps in the road and if he improves as the year goes on we will support him. We know he's not Favre.

Beating the Bears and Vikings is almost as good as the Super Bowl around here. :wacko:

I expect Rodgers to play well when all is said and done, but the first 4 games may be a bit bumpy.

Still, not even the greatest QBs can carry a team to a SB win by themselves. John Elway proved that in the '80s.

I thought that was a pretty dumb comment. Did Packer fans expect Favre to take them to the Superbowl when he became the starter? They must think Packer fans are stupid. Most have reasonable expectations - given the talent level, I think most expect a playoff appearance. A Superbowl appearance would be great, but I don't think any of us expect a first-year starter to get us there. Hope, yes. Expect, no.