[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"IDP INTERACTIVE" week 2

keggerz

IDP INTERACTIVE

Week 2

"IDP INTERACTIVE" is a new weekly content piece that will allow people in the forum to ask questions regarding their fantasy teams

and receive a very in depth answer. For this to work and work well questions will need to include some specific information so that

all angles can be looked at and covered. The more info the better!

What needs to be included with your questions(Trade questions, WDIS, waiver acquisitions etc):

1. Your question.(can be about who to start, trade advice, waiver advice, roster composition, how to assess value of offensive players in a deal etc)

2. Link to your league will be very helpful.

3. Roster(s) (including opponents for match-up reasons)

4. Starting requirements

5. Scoring

This is where questions for week 2 are to be submitted.

The catch is that you will have to check the paid content area on Saturdays to see which

question(s) were selected to be answered that week.

I (most likely Darin too) will make every effort to answer the questions that are posted in this thread,

they just wont be as in depth as the "IDP INTERACTIVE" answers will be.

Here is to hoping that everyone finds this new content an added value to our current IDP content.

If you have any recommendations that may help to make this an even better feature by all means

your input is greatly appreciated.

Guess I'll kick this off since I'm itching for opinions on my LB corps after whiffing badly in week 1 decisions.

League site: http://www35.myfantasyleague.com/2008/home/46680

Scoring:

Fumble Recoveries (from Opponent) 3 points each

Forced Fumbles 1 point each

Number of Interception Return TDs 6 points each

Interceptions Caught 5 points each

Passes Defensed 1 point each

Number of Blocked Field Goal TDs 6 points each

Blocked Field Goals 2 points each

Number of Blocked Punt TDs 6 points each

Blocked Punts 2 points each

Blocked Extra Points 1 point each

Defensive Tackles 1.45 points each

Assists 0.5 points each

Sacked a QB 4 points each

Safeties 3 points each

My LB corps: (Need to Start 4); Week 1 starters in bold

Harris, David NYJ LB vs Patriots Sun 2:15 p.m. MT

Henderson, E.J. MIN LB vs Colts Sun 11:00 a.m. MT

Jackson, D'Qwell CLE LB vs Steelers Sun 6:15 p.m. MT

Koutouvides, Niko DEN LB vs Chargers Sun 2:15 p.m. MT

Pierce, Antonio NYG LB at Rams Sun 11:00 a.m. MT

Thomas, Zach DAL LB vs Eagles Mon 6:30 p.m. MT

Webster, Nate DEN LB vs Chargers Sun 2:15 p.m. MT

Wilhelm, Matt SDC LB at Broncos Sun 2:15 p.m. MT

My gut says: Harris, Henderson, Jackson and Wilhelm this week. Thoughts?

Thanks Keg, for the work that went into your answer week one. I did end up IR-ing Crowell and picked up Pat Thomas. I like the potential upside of adding a MLB to a weak LB corps. So Ithought I'd see what you could do for me in week 2...

Different 16 team IDP, must start 2-3 LBs, but I'll be playing 3 all year.

TestKickoff Return Yards0-999.04 point for every 1TestFumble Recoveries (from Opponent)0-202 points eachTestForced Fumbles0-202 points eachTestInterceptions Caught0-202 points eachTestPasses Defensed0-991.5 points eachTestBlocked Field Goals0-103 points eachTestBlocked Punts0-102 points eachTestTackles0-992 points eachTestAssists0-991 point eachTestSacked a QB0-202 points eachTestSafeties0-102 points eachTestNumber of Defensive & Special Teams TDs0-106 points eachTest(sorry for the formatting hell, easiest way to do it)

Need to start 3 LBs, my choices this week are tough, which is a good thing:

Jon Beason, Stewart Bradley, Channing Crowder & Dhani Jones (week one starters are bolded)

Thanks in advance, if my question is answered...

Thanks Keg, for the work that went into your answer week one. I did end up IR-ing Crowell and picked up Pat Thomas. I like the potential upside of adding a MLB to a weak LB corps. So Ithought I'd see what you could do for me in week 2...

Different 16 team IDP, must start 2-3 LBs, but I'll be playing 3 all year.

TestKickoff Return Yards0-999.04 point for every 1TestFumble Recoveries (from Opponent)0-202 points eachTestForced Fumbles0-202 points eachTestInterceptions Caught0-202 points eachTestPasses Defensed0-991.5 points eachTestBlocked Field Goals0-103 points eachTestBlocked Punts0-102 points eachTestTackles0-992 points eachTestAssists0-991 point eachTestSacked a QB0-202 points eachTestSafeties0-102 points eachTestNumber of Defensive & Special Teams TDs0-106 points eachTest(sorry for the formatting hell, easiest way to do it)

Need to start 3 LBs, my choices this week are tough, which is a good thing:

Jon Beason, Stewart Bradley, Channing Crowder & Dhani Jones (week one starters are bolded)

Thanks in advance, if my question is answered...

I think you leave Jones on the bench this week...Beason and Bradley are must starts and I think Crowder has a good matchup versus zona.....Jones versus Tenn isnt horrible since they run the ball so much but I would rather wait and see how they continue to use Chris Johnson with Collins now at the helm...could be less tackle opps in that game then one would expect

I am wrestling with who to start at Safety. I can start 3. I get 2 pts a tackle and 1 for an assist and 1.5 for Pass Defended. Plus 2 pts int, ff, fum recovery, etc.

Bethea vs Vikings

Sanders vs Vikings

Hart vs Broncos

Page vs Raiders

Polamalu vs Browns

Rhodes vs Pats

I like Sanders for sure. Rhodes may have a good matchup but was been very disappointing last week as well as last year. I like Bethea as well but do not like the idea of using Sanders and Bethea against the Vikings although they could be busy with tackling Peterson. TIA

I am wrestling with who to start at Safety. I can start 3. I get 2 pts a tackle and 1 for an assist and 1.5 for Pass Defended. Plus 2 pts int, ff, fum recovery, etc.

Bethea vs Vikings

Sanders vs Vikings

Hart vs Broncos

Page vs Raiders

Polamalu vs Browns

Rhodes vs Pats

I like Sanders for sure. Rhodes may have a good matchup but was been very disappointing last week as well as last year. I like Bethea as well but do not like the idea of using Sanders and Bethea against the Vikings although they could be busy with tackling Peterson. TIA

Wow...I wonder what your expectations were for Rhodes last year. In a number of scoring systems Rhodes finished in the top 10 for Safeties. Polamulu was very disappointing last year and was disappointing in week 1 with low tackle totals. In looking at who you have I don't think there is any question who to start:

Sanders - When healthy Sanders was a top 7 safety last year and had a mediocre week 1 with 5 solos and 4 assists. He is a very active safety who looks for the ball.

Hart - Hart finished last year ranked better than Sanders last year. He is fairly unknown but was very consistentin 2007. The Chargers named him team captian this week now that Merriman is out for the year. In week 1 he had 7 solos and 3 assists.

Rhodes - Rhodes was disappointing in week 1 as you said (4 tackles) but I believe he is a good start this week with Cassell at QB and the Pats likely running the ball more often this week.

Wow...I wonder what your expectations were for Rhodes last year. In a number of scoring systems Rhodes finished in the top 10 for Safeties. Polamulu was very disappointing last year and was disappointing in week 1 with low tackle totals. In looking at who you have I don't think there is any question who to start:

Sanders - When healthy Sanders was a top 7 safety last year and had a mediocre week 1 with 5 solos and 4 assists. He is a very active safety who looks for the ball.

Hart - Hart finished last year ranked better than Sanders last year. He is fairly unknown but was very consistentin 2007. The Chargers named him team captian this week now that Merriman is out for the year. In week 1 he had 7 solos and 3 assists.

Rhodes - Rhodes was disappointing in week 1 as you said (4 tackles) but I believe he is a good start this week with Cassell at QB and the Pats likely running the ball more often this week.

In 2006 Rhodes had 220 points but fell to 159 points last year. Ranked 26th in my league.

Bethea vs Vikings

Sanders vs Vikings

Hart vs Broncos

Page vs Raiders

Polamalu vs Browns

Rhodes vs Pats

Sorry that this question was posted way to late to make it into this week article...

fwiw, I agree with Stormchaser on which 3 to start.

Good luck