[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brady is done for the season

theeohiostate

I have Moss in 2 leagues. In both leagues my first 2 picks have gone like so

Moss-Portis

Moss-Gore

In neither league could I have gotten a much better 1-2 punch IMO. I penciled in Moss for 15 tds....I still think he can go 10 tds. I mean, they still have to throw. Its not like in Oakland where he refused to play, he is still a freak IMO.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How funny would it be if Cassel is so good that Brady loses the starting job?

Can't say that I'm happy to see Brady hurt, but the one team that I didn't want to see the Cowboys play in the Super Bowl won't be there now.

Looks like you just jinxed the Cowboys...nice work.

As a Moss owner I'm not at all considering the idea of shopping him, let alone trading him.

I agree with that strategy. His value right now is low enough that you wouldn't get enough in return, but you still know that he's going to be a solid fantasy WR, even with Cassel throwing the ball to him.

That really sucks for Pats fans. I guess the bright side is that it happened early enough in the season that he'll have sufficient time to fully heal by Week 1 of next year.

Edited by Bill Swerski

2 Leagues, Brady taken in the 1st round....................goodbye FF season. :wacko:

I think Moss and Welker owners will be trying to unload them.

I was thinking about you and your teams upon hearing the news that Brady got hurt.

I will think of you once again when I go to see the USC/Ohio St. game next Saturday.

Edited by TDFFFreak

I completely agree that you should not be jumping over the cliff to trade Moss and Welker. IAlso don't buy into any thoughts that you should trade for Maroney/Morris thinking they will commit to the run. I do not see McDaniels changing anything offensively. I believe his mindset will be to call the game just as he would if Brady were in. They will continue to pass in bunches. The only thing that could change scheme wise would be more running plays towards the goal line to keep silly mistakes down on Cassel's part.

Sucks for us Pats fans but honestly it is hard to complain about anything with as well as things have been clicking since 2001. Hopefully somehow the MRI Monday has a miracle on it and he is back after the bye. I've already bought some new tires to put on the bandwagon since it will be running a lot more smoothly with the dead weight falling off. I remember being pissed beyond belief when Lewis killed Bledsoe so maybe lightning can strike twice?

ForeverInDebtToBernardPollard? Ok I'm grasping for straws. :wacko::D

I refuse to believe this comment, especially Moss. This guy made Culpepper and can certainly make a good season for Cassel. No reason whatsoever to unload Moss.

I totally agree. I own Moss in four leagues, took him as a No. 1 in three of them. I have no plans to trade him, unless some idiot make me an offer I can't refuse.

Local news outlets this AM reporting that Brady is most likely out for the season, reportedly they think he has a torn ACL + possible MCL. So he most likely will go on IR this week barring some miracle. We see after the MRI today.

As far as Moss/Welker's value, I wouldn't panic, they still will be the top targets for Cassel. I doubt that the Pat's O will lead the league in TDs this year with Cassel, but they will still get some decent numbers.

I refuse to believe this comment, especially Moss. This guy made Culpepper and can certainly make a good season for Cassel. No reason whatsoever to unload Moss.

Um he didn't exactly make the Oakland QBs look great, now did he.

I'm not saying you trade the guy but you absolutely have to expect a drop off minus Brady

Schefter says they contacted Simms.

Simms is supposedly in town allready. Thay also made a call to Tim Rattay as well. I don't think any vet they bring in will be seeing the field anytime soon. They only value a vet can bring is if Cassell goes down, having that option over O'Connell. Besides that, Cassell is the QB the Pats are going to live or die with this year.

but he's more talented than Cassel, Simms, Rattay, etc. . .

Well, depending on your definition, he's more "talented" than Brady for that matter. I mean, I bet he can throw the ball further, run faster, and bench more. However, NE's game is not about a guy like that behind center.

Culpepper ... more talented than Cassel, Simms, Rattay, etc ... :D

Culpepper couldn't even land a job carrying a clip board.

wrong. He was offered a couple back-up positions. But he wanted a chance to compete for a starting job. He retired because he didn't get that chance. Last time I checked, Simms and Rattay were unemployed too . . .

Culpepper never amounted to anything without Randy Moss.

Oh, and I just looked, the Patriots DO HAVE MOSS. :wacko:

Edited by CaptainHook

And how long ago was it that he had a decent game? Or even took a meaningful snap for that matter?

11/25/07

15/22 for 170 yards. 0 TD. 0 INT. Raiders win 20-17 over the Chiefs.

11/18/07

23/39 for 344 yards. 1 TD. 1 INT. Raiders lose 29-22 to Minnesota.

Edited by CaptainHook

wrong. He was offered a couple back-up positions. But he wanted a chance to compete for a starting job.

Oh, and last I checked, the Patriots DO HAVE MOSS.

So, you're seriously implying that he's a good fit for NE? I would be nothing short of amazed if dude gets a call. I mean, this is Bellchick we're talking about. Total system guy.

Here's the deal, and this is not at all a knock on Brady. But, like Joe Montana, he's a guy who was the perfect guy to execute a perfect offense. If either of these guys land on another team, they don't amount to nearly the QB they ended up being. Steve Young did possess more physical tools than Montana (so in that respect could be compared to CPep), but he was also a really, really smart guy so he was the best of both worlds. Culpepper's game as always been more sandlot style. When he was healthy, he could either throw or run over whomever he was playing. Once again, this is not the type of QB that makes the Pats go.

Well, depending on your definition, he's more "talented" than Brady for that matter. I mean, I bet he can throw the ball further, run faster, and bench more. However, NE's game is not about a guy like that behind center.

I bet he can't throw the ball further. But if you don't think he's a better QB than Simms or Rattay, your nuts. We haven't seen enough of Cassel in live action to make any judgments there. I'm just saying, with Culpepper and Moss' history, I don't see why he wouldn't at least get a call. I think he would make the Pats better than any of the other three.