[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How did you react when Brady went out?

dan415

For NON-Brady owners  

70 members have voted

1. 1. For you NON-Brady owners, were you cheering when Brady went down?

• I'm smiling ear to ear that some other team in the league is screwed
    • I never cheer when another player goes down. That's just poor sportsmanship.

I have to admit there was a little bit of cheering inside, but not because of fantasy ramifications (even though I don't own brady or moss in any leagues). more just because it's the patriots and they are so easy to hate. and I also have to say, when it happened I was thinking "lose the home opener to the chiefs" ramifications, not so much season ending ramifications. I get no joy seeing anyone take a season ending inury in the first game.

Not really one way or the other FF wise as I thought the Pats blew their wad last year and didn't draft hardly any this year. From just a pure football perspective, I hate to see anyone suffer a serious injury like that.

I'll be the first honest one. I actually voted for both.

I smiled because one of my best friends took Brady with the 1.3 pick (keeper league). The past 5 years he's had Manning either by directly drafting or keeping him. He's never won the league so he wanted to shake things up this year. He's a die-hard Colts fan and most of the league are Colts fan, he being the biggest. The whole league razzed him about his choice.

I cheered not because Brady was hurt, but because the Pats are smug and are screwed without him. The injury isn't life threatening, and he was able to hobble off the field on his own power so I'd be extremely surprised if it's anything more then season ending. If your not a Pats fan and you didn't have some degree of joy that you might not face the Pats, your only deceiving yourself.

I didn't sit there though and go "Ra ra ra Brady's down" and do a happy dance.

I don't wish injury on anyone (well OK except POSs like Ray Lewis), but the guy didn't appear in excruiating pain and there are so few players - hell, people - who have had as much or more fame/fortune/success in their lives as him that I don't pity him or NE in the least. Basically neutral.

hate to see any player go down, but have a slight smirk for the guy who traded up in our league so he could draft Brady first. he traded the 1.08, 2.05, 2.11 for 1.02, 3.02 and 3.08. Just wondering how bad he's crapping his britches. Once again hope this isn't a season-ender for Brady.

I wasn't cheering, but it didn't exactly bother me.

I think that is the main sentiment for the FF world. I like Brady, just not the Pats and especially Belichick. I am very glad I didn't even consider him in the 1st round as I am a believer in getting a top RB with my first round pick. Those that took Brady are likely screwed.

Drafting a QB in the 1st or 2nd round is never a good idea ... yet there are always owners out there that feel like they must. So I just don't have much sympathy for those owners that drafted Brady in the 1st or 2nd round.

Right. Because running backs or wide receivers taken in the first two rounds never get hurt. :wacko:

I've had some very heated debates over the whole injury thing and my take on them as relates to FF. Not going to go there this time, but my feelings are well known.

:wacko: I remember them, although I don't remember who it was you were primarily arguing with. One of the better threads though. I don't think anyone should have to mourn the potential loss of Brady's season, but I think it's kind of sick to smile about someone busting there knee to crap. I know that there are far worse things out there to feel bad about, and I agree. I just think it's odd to find some measurable amount of joy in someone getting injured. I'll leave it at that.

:wacko: I remember them, although I don't remember who it was you were primarily arguing with. One of the better threads though. I don't think anyone should have to mourn the potential loss of Brady's season, but I think it's kind of sick to smile about someone busting there knee to crap. I know that there are far worse things out there to feel bad about, and I agree. I just think it's odd to find some measurable amount of joy in someone getting injured. I'll leave it at that.

The real question is - Who wasn't I arguing with?

Like I said though - no reason to go down that road again. I'm a tool. I get it.