[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Official Eagles-Cowboys Week 2 Thread

i_am_the_swammi

Eagles 27 Cowboys 24

Brian Dawkins will be helped off the field after crushing Felix Jones inside the twenty forcing a key fumble. Westy will total 130 yards and 2 TD's and there will be a whole lot more talk about the team to beat in the NFC East. :wacko: !!!! E-A-G-L-E-S !!!!

Bite your tounge

Can't wait baby!!!

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that this week is going to be a shootout with 70+ total points. I say the game goes 38-35 Dallas. I think taking the over on 48 (according to ESPN as of the time of this post) is a great bet. This game is all about the QBs. Despite most people's opinion, I think McNabb ends as a top three QB and I don't have Romo in the other two (Brees & Cutler) but I give the win to Dallas based on better receivers and homefield.

I so hope you are right about this...I have Romo, Barber,Folk, Deshaun Jackson and Ware representing two of my fantasy teams....

So I guess you could say I have to root for the Cowboys in this game, as much as it pains me.

Edited by Seahawkgal

38-17 Cowboys. Maybe 38-24

Interesting.....especailly after Dallas scored a whopping 6 points the last time they met in Dallas, just four games ago, with Romo throwing 3 INTs.

Guess you're thinking the addition of Samuel to the Eagles secondary and Clemons to the DL (all else is unchanged) is gonna cost the Birds 32 points, eh? :wacko:

Dallas won't score more than 24 points....it may or may not be enough to win it....but I'd be shocked if they hung a 30+ on the Eagles here.

Interesting.....especailly after Dallas scored a whopping 6 points the last time they met in Dallas, just four games ago, with Romo throwing 3 INTs.

Guess you're thinking the addition of Samuel to the Eagles secondary and Clemons to the DL (all else is unchanged) is gonna cost the Birds 32 points, eh? :wacko:

Dallas won't score more than 24 points....it may or may not be enough to win it....but I'd be shocked if they hung a 30+ on the Eagles here.

Im basing it more on the way Dallas manhandled them earlier that season. You have the 6 point game to refer to . I have the earlier game to refer to. They both mean squat in regards to this mondays game. I just feel at Home Dallas will take this and by 10+. Jim Johnson always scares me a little since he is the true brains behing any success the Eagles have IMO. But I think the line will hold up. I hope Barber is well enough to pick up Blitzes.

Edited by whomper

Im basing it more on the way Dallas manhandled them earlier that season. You have the 6 point game to refer to . I have the earlier game to refer to. They both mean squat in regards to this mondays game. I just feel at Home Dallas will take this and by 10+. Jim Johnson always scares me a little since he is the true brains behing any success the Eagles have IMO. But I think the line will hold up. I hope Barber is well enough to pick up Blitzes.

You mean the earlier game last year, which was the one when Mcnabb was still recovering from his knee surgery and essentially a stationary target?

I see the game as being a war, and not the 17 point blowout you envision. I think you'll be somewhat surprised at how well the Eagles will play defensively, especially with the improved team speed, which will allow them to blitz at will knowing they have better coverage than ever onw-on-one. Like I said, I'll be shocked, really shocked, if the Cowboys (or Eagles) can hang 30+ points on the other).

I see both teams scoring in the low-to-mid 20's....with the game being a true toss-up going into the 4th quarter. Maybe I'm overvaluing the birds, and undervaluing the Cowboys...but the Eagles, thru the final 8 games of 2007 (6-2, with losses only to the Pats & Giants), the preseason this year, and Week 1, are a completely different team with a healthy McNabb.

No one besides Westbrook scares me on the Eagles O. I would stack the Box against Westbrook and take my chances with anyone else out there. Sure the rook had a good game and McNabb made big plays week one and they very well may again but Westbrook is a proven stud. Take him out of the game and dare the others to try and beat you

No one besides Westbrook scares me on the Eagles O. I would stack the Box against Westbrook and take my chances with anyone else out there. Sure the rook had a good game and McNabb made big plays week one and they very well may again but Westbrook is a proven stud. Take him out of the game and dare the others to try and beat you

I am sure that will be the gameplan all season against the Eagles....and frankly, its what we are hoping for....single-covered WRs/TEs. Now way any of those guys can beat double-coverage all game long, but single-coverage, they'll win their share of battles.

LJ Smith, BTW, will be a huge key to success for the Eagles...he needs to play one of his better games of the year.

Ok here we go. I was holding off to see how Barber was feeling and Newman is expected to be in the game.

That said this is going to be a great game. For an early week two battle this is an important game. Philly seems to always play us tough and this game seems to have strange written all over it. I respect the Eagles D and Brian Westbrook. So I wouldn't be surprised if they keep it close.

However, I watched both games last week twice and here is what I saw. Mcnabb threw the ball up four times for grabs and his reciever came down with it. I am glad the Rams gave him a false sense of security because if he does that in Dallas, that will be four picks. No way Newman or Henry or Jones allow that midget to catch a 50-50 ball in this one.

Mcnabb will have heavy pressure this week and gets sacked 3 or more times.

When Barber has 11 or more carries the Cowboys are 11-1. He will have more then 11 carries. Felix is the wild card that keeps Philly from their normally blitz heavy D. Felix forces the Philly D to stay honest more often and allows Romo to pick them apart.

The Cowboys will rush for over 100 yards which is the key to beating Philly.

The Cowboys played Cleveland last week and looked very powerful. Romo was accurate and completed 75% of his passes.

Cowboys smoke the Eagles 31-17 with the last 7 coming in garbage time. TO goes off and Felix Jones makes them pay for blitzing and goes for a 40+ yard play.

Sig line bet for one week. Avy for one week. Minimum 10 posts. Let's Rumble

Edited by Cowboyz1

Well, where you at Bird fans...........What not so much confidence in your 50 pound rookie or that vaunted D of yours. I know you saw what I saw last week, a Quaterback that threw ducks to a bunch of backup WR and against a horrible Rams secondary. I am watching last weeks game right now and I can tell you this, the Cowboys O is sharp and the D is, well, smothering.

Mcnabb throws 2 picks on Monday night and Jackson gets knocked silly by Hamlin and Newman. Mark it down.

Edited by Cowboyz1

You arrogant assed Cowboys fans can talk ish all day and all night. After Monday night's ass whoopin, you will all know who the real #1 team in the NFC is.. Romo will choke like he always does. The most overated team in football will be humbled and the Eagles will dominate both sides winning 27 - 13.

I don't get involved in silly, juvenile sig-line bets.. But I will be back on Tuesday to shove the loss up all of your front-running poser asses (My sincere apologies to those fans living in the greater Dallas area, that was not directed at you).. If Dallas somehow gets lucky enough to squeek out a win.. I will be back here to eat some crow too.

Either way, Monday night is going to be fun..

Go Eagles!!

You arrogant assed Cowboys fans can talk ish all day and all night. After Monday night's ass whoopin, you will all know who the real #1 team in the NFC is.. Romo will choke like he always does. The most overated team in football will be humbled and the Eagles will dominate both sides winning 27 - 13.

I don't get involved in silly, juvenile sig-line bets.. But I will be back on Tuesday to shove the loss up all of your front-running poser asses (My sincere apologies to those fans living in the greater Dallas area, that was not directed at you).. If Dallas somehow gets lucky enough to squeek out a win.. I will be back here to eat some crow too.

Go Eagles!!

I love the enthusiasm, but I wish I could share your optimism as an Eagles fan. Could they win? Absolutely. Am I confident about a win? No. This is a tough game and in no way am I coming on the board and pounding my chest as an Eagles fan before the game, nor should a Cowboys fan do the same. I think this game goes to the Cowboys and the game in Philly goes to the Eagles.

Some more fodder, per KFFL:

Cowboys | Romo struggles on Monday nights

Fri, 12 Sep 2008 12:04:34 -0700

Tim MacMahon, of The Dallas Morning News, reports Dallas Cowboys QB Tony Romo has thrown five touchdowns and 10 interceptions in his three career appearances on Monday Night Football. The Cowboys are 1-2 in those games.

Also worth noting that in his last match-up with the Eagles and Jim Johnson's swarming defense, his line was:

13/36, 214 yards, 0 TDs, 3 INTS

I don't need to post his playoff success.

While I think the Cowboys have a lot of talent and play well in games they should win, Romo is a guy that needs to show me something in a quasi-meaningful game. Has he ever showed up when in the spotlight?

no way am I coming on the board and pounding my chest as an Eagles fan before the game,nor should a Cowboys fan do the same.

isn't that part of the fun of being a fan? the bravado against your most bitter rival?

I'm glad the cowboy fans are here chattin' it up...it's be a lot less fun of a game if fans from both teams were placid and lacking confidence.

Everyone knows the outcome of this game is, likely, a toss-up (except apparently Whomper)....nothing wrong with a lil' chest-thumping, name-calling, romo-bashing chatter, is there? :wacko:

As Scrouge said, I'll also be back to analyze (re: take my lumps) should, somehow, the Eagles come up a tad short.

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

isn't that part of the fun of being a fan? the bravado against your most bitter rival?

I'm glad the cowboy fans are here chattin' it up...it's be a lot less fun of a game if fans from both teams were placid and lacking confidence.

Everyone knows the outcome of this game is, likely, a toss-up (except apparently Whomper)....nothing wrong with a lil' chest-thumping, name-calling, romo-bashing chatter, is there? :wacko:

As Scrouge said, I'll also be back to analyze (re: take my lumps) should, somehow, the Eagles come up a tad short.

Exactly . No hard feelings either way. Whats the matter with Scourge ? He is a cranky bastard

Go Eagles!!

Again with the "you can only root for Dallas if you live there" crap, huh? :wacko: Whatever, I'm not going down that road again. And you're special b/c you'll be here the next day win or lose... :D

Anyway, my take on the game.. IMO it all boils down to whether Dallas can get to Mcflabby. If they do, they win. If he can stand back there and go through his reads, Dallas will lose.

Oh, and I'll be here tuesday whether Dallas wins or loses. :D

Dallas 27-Philly 24

The Eagles need to get pressure on Romo something the Browns seldom did. The Cowboys must control Westbrock and keep him around 100 combined yards. The one that does that wins as long as they also do not turn the ball over.

I think this game is decided in the 4th quarter after Dallas' o-line & running game has worn down the Eagles defense. Close tough typical NFC East division game ... Dallas 24 Eagles 17

it's either the Browns DL completely blows or the Dallas OL is outstanding....

I'm willing to bet the Eagles DL is better than Cleveland's, but by how much?...

Again with the "you can only root for Dallas if you live there" crap, huh? :wacko: Whatever, I'm not going down that road again. And you're special b/c you'll be here the next day win or lose... :D

Anyway, my take on the game.. IMO it all boils down to whether Dallas can get to Mcflabby. If they do, they win. If he can stand back there and go through his reads, Dallas will lose.

Oh, and I'll be here tuesday whether Dallas wins or loses. :D

Dallas 27-Philly 24

Dallas has always struggled to pin down a healthy McNabb...so if they can manage 3 sacks, that could be the difference in the game because they would have to hurry him an awful lot to net 3 sacks...