[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

CONFIRMED - Brady done for season

Shorttynaz

Just reported on the NFL network that the MRI results on Brady show a torn ACL and a torn MCL.

I know he just retired, but I'd be willing to bet that if Culpepper received a call from the Pats, he would come out of retirement faster than a fat kid could load his plate at Chucky Cheese.

Edited by Shorttynaz

Keggerz..... anything to add?

nothing other then there is nothing wrong with reporting something that is true and verified....fwiw, I have had NFLN on all morning and I haven't heard anything about it....the Pats presser has been pushed to 3 so that is when I would expect the official word to come from them.....you want to make something out of the fact that i had a problem last nite with people saying it was CONFIRMED that Brady was out for the season? I mean you have to agree it was nothing but SPECULATION...of course seeing the play made it pretty easy for just about everyone to ASSUME that he was done for the year.

but hey if you want to give me a hard time because the AP printed a story saying it was confirmed that he was done and Schecter was the source and all he confirmed was the FEAR that he was done.

and fwiw...go to NFL.com and they dont confirm crap:

follow their FULL STORY http://www.nfl.com/kickoff/story?id=09000d...mp;confirm=true

All it took was an apparent season-ending injury to Tom Brady ...

and fwiw, i have NFLN on and they arent saying anything new...actually all they are doing is replaying the same exact show(NFL Gameday Final) that they have been playing since 6am

Edited by keggerz

nothing other then there is nothing wrong with reporting something that is true and verified....fwiw, I have had NFLN on all morning and I haven't heard anything about it....the Pats presser has been pushed to 3 so that is when I would expect the official word to come from them.....you want to make something out of the fact that i had a problem last nite with people saying it was CONFIRMED that Brady was out for the season? I mean you have to agree it was nothing but SPECULATION...of course seeing the play made it pretty easy for just about everyone to ASSUME that he was done for the year.

but hey if you want to give me a hard time because the AP printed a story saying it was confirmed that he was done and Schecter was the source and all he confirmed was the FEAR that he was done.

It's all good brother. Just throwing a little jab at ya.

Who knows - maybe they'll come out today and say it was nothing more than a mild sprain and he'll be back next week.

But, I'm confirming that I personally am speculating that that won't be the case.

:wacko:

I'm with Keg on this one. A reporter out there was trying to scoop the field and made a report based on speculation. Then the other news services (using that term very loosely) used that reporter's speculation as CONFIRMATION of the original story. Just because Adam Schefter speculates that Brady's season is over based on a conversation he had with somebody inside the NE organization does not make the story confirmed and factual.

It was very easy for all of us to speculate that his season was over based on the visual evidence we were able to percieve. But until there is an MRI and a medical evaluation nothing is confirmed.

Not to mention that we all know how forthcoming Belichek is with injury information.

Any chance Brady plays with the injury? I mean, Rivers did it during the playoffs, Merriman is doing it right now. What's stopping Brady? He seems to be a pretty tough SOB who can usually avoid the pass rush. The Pats' "window" isn't getting any bigger next year... :wacko:

I doubt Brady would risk his career over this and I doubt the Pats would want it also. He has years left on him.

Thing is, it takes a year to fully recover. If he tore it and waits to repair it, then it'll hamper him next season. Also, he'll likely destroy his meniscus if he played the entire season this year.

Nah. Couldn't be. Not to Brady.

I guess this is good for every team that would directly or eventually have to but heads with the Pats but IMO its bad for the NFL. It reminds me of when Marino tore his achilles that year. It sucks to lose a hugh talent big name like that. Bellicheck is a great Coach..Moss is Moss the scheme is the scheme. They wont be what they would have been with Tom of course but I bet they still make some noise

I can't believe all the hype around this.

If everyone would just take a deep breathe and calm down for one minute you'd realize that Terrific Tom will be just fine. Teddy Bruschi pulled a Mr. Miyagi on Brady's knee in the locker room after the game, he'll start next week.

I guess this is good for every team that would directly or eventually have to but heads with the Pats but IMO its bad for the NFL. It reminds me of when Marino tore his achilles that year. It sucks to lose a hugh talent big name like that. Bellicheck is a great Coach..Moss is Moss the scheme is the scheme. They wont be what they would have been with Tom of course but I bet they still make some noise

I agree, losing Brady is simply bad for the NFL and worse for the Pats. He's the best QB in the league and a difficult icon to replace. On the other hand, it opens up a huge door to other contending teams.

I also agree with Keg right now.

While it can be very speculated that he is out, without a source saying it and seeing the Pats move him to IR, I am going to wait. You most certainly can be diagnosed without and MRI, I was, but even after that diagnosis I had to wait for the MRI to confirm.

I also agree with Keg right now.

While it can be very speculated that he is out, without a source saying it and seeing the Pats move him to IR, I am going to wait. You most certainly can be diagnosed without and MRI, I was, but even after that diagnosis I had to wait for the MRI to confirm.

Hmm, they confirmed mine when they opened me up. What is this MRI thingee you refer to?