[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Carson Plamer Owners

estevay

How concerned are you guys at this point? I know it was one game but that O line looked terrible. I drafted him in the 4th round so I'm pretty heavily invested. The O line for lack of a better word looked GROSS. They couldn't do jack. So how do we proceed at this juncture? Thanks for any input as I am DAZED and CONFUSED in the words of Led Zep.

Picked him up in the 10th round of my local and wish I hadn't bothered. Will likely use Garrard or someone else when the matchup is favorable. The running game is a mess, C Johnson has gone certifiably insane and has a bad shoulder and TJ Houshyerdaddy can't get it done on his own. I knew Palmer might not produce as in the past but didn't expect it to be this bad.

i'm concerned about his schedule. He's got the titans, giants, cowboys, eagles & jags all out of conference :wacko: along with having to play the steelers & ravens twice.

that ain't easy.

I was thinking the same thing. You just figure An elite QB with elite WR's will still be a viable option. But that O Line :D

And I may be wrong but that doesn't seem like something they can fix easily.

I'm going to switch from beer to bourbon or vodka and act like nothing bad is happening.

At least that was the approach I took when I took him waaaaay too early in my draft.

I invested a 4th rounder as well, and I've regretted it ever since Week Two of the Preaseason. I didn't have the stones to bench him for Rodgers even though my gut was telling me that he's a complete and utter train wreck right now.

I won't make that mistake again. When he proves that he can be trusted (and I'm talking about competent numbers, not studly numbers), I will consider platooning him with Rodgers.

People say preseason doesnt mean or show squat...........BUT, CIN looked horrible as did Palmer and WR's.

I went into my drafts not wanting any CIN players.

Obviously things change as the season progresses....didnt want to wait or risk it.

Edited by Let It Ride

I was thinking the same thing. You just figure An elite QB with elite WR's will still be a viable option. But that O Line :wacko:

And I may be wrong but that doesn't seem like something they can fix easily.

Carson Palmer IS NOT an elite QB. He has regressed to the point of being below average. He looked AWFUL last year, I don't know how this comes as a surprise to anyone, or why anyone was expecting great numbers out of him. Carson Palmer has the best arm of all below average quarterbacks, but is still below average in terms of reading defenses and completing passes. If you were silly enough to draft him, move him NOW before his value drops even further. His days of 300 yards and 2 TDs consistently are two years removed, and IMO, it will be a long time, if ever, when he regains his form. He will still have a good game or two, but he throws up these types of games way too often to help a fantasy team reach the playoffs.

Carson Palmer IS NOT an elite QB. He has regressed to the point of being below average. He looked AWFUL last year, I don't know how this comes as a surprise to anyone, or why anyone was expecting great numbers out of him. Carson Palmer has the best arm of all below average quarterbacks, but is still below average in terms of reading defenses and completing passes. If you were silly enough to draft him, move him NOW before his value drops even further. His days of 300 yards and 2 TDs consistently are two years removed, and IMO, it will be a long time, if ever, when he regains his form. He will still have a good game or two, but he throws up these types of games way too often to help a fantasy team reach the playoffs.

agree pretty much with this. i do think palmer will end up in the middle of the pack and will put up average numbers vs. below average. he will still have a game or two that fires you up and makes you hang on to him, but these games will be too few and far between. i think you still use him, but he should no longer be your default option and you should try to play matchups with 1 or 2 other options.

as an educated bengal fan, i'm glad i stayed away from him in all my leagues, along with the cincy receivers. folks, last season was ugly. the pre-season was uglier. the first game was even uglier, and it was against a lower tier team. if you can trade him to some other owner who thinks he's getting him while low, do it because palmer is going to stay pretty low all year.

It is no fluke at all that I didn't end up with any Bengals on my team at all. I even passed on C Perry very late in one draft. It was prior to Rudi getting waived but the writing was still very much on the wall. None the less, I just pictured many weeks very much like this one.

As for an answer to your question. Palmer owners will do what Bulger owners did last year when they invested a somewhat high pick in him. Waive one of your sleeper projects in favor of someone to play matchups with because you simply can't waive Palmer considering his alleged pedigree. Then you'll limp along with your other QBs and watch Palmer and the Bengals continue to get worse. Then, about week 8, you'll finally ditch his sorry ass and someone else will swoop in to grab him. You'll feel a pang of regret until you see that his woeful numbers continue. The end.

He sure looked awful throwing for 4131 yards and 25 TDS at a 64.9% completion percentage.