[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So if Favre had stayed retired....

T-Scorp

I'm thinking that if Favre had just stayed retired he would have been a Patriot (or at least the first person they called Sunday) He would have then had a chance to throw to Randy Moss like he wanted. Imagine the man love flowing from Madden with Favre leading the Patriots this year.

I'm thinking that if Favre had just stayed retired he would have been a Patriot (or at least the first person they called Sunday) He would have then had a chance to throw to Randy Moss like he wanted. Imagine the man love flowing from Madden with Favre leading the Patriots this year.

I am not certain, but didnt he have to re-instate himself to the NFL/Packers before returning and he did that because he knew he could have been traded. Not sure if there was a deadline for that paper work or not but I thought he was officially a Packer (retired).

Don't underestimate the complexity of the NE passing attack. The only person out there who can step in(with the exception of the other QB's in the organization) and run this offense next week i(and probably at least the next 4weeks) is Cassel.

Edited by Big Ernie McCracken

Don't underestimate the complexity of the NE passing attack. The only person out there who can step in(with the exception of the other QB's in the organization) and run this offense next week i(and probably at least the next 4weeks) is Cassel.

So NE fans would be better off with Cassel next week rather than Favre.

Interesting

I am not certain, but didnt he have to re-instate himself to the NFL/Packers before returning and he did that because he knew he could have been traded. Not sure if there was a deadline for that paper work or not but I thought he was officially a Packer (retired).

Forgot about that..... Though NE could have just made a trade to get him..... Of course that is all Madden would have talked about during the broadcast last night....

So NE fans would be better off with Cassel next week rather than Favre.

Interesting

I agree with Bernie. If the Pats picked up Favre this week he would struggle with that offense more than Cassel. I am in no way implying that Cassel is a better QB than Favre.

The OC could do it too.

I agree with Bernie. If the Pats picked up Favre this week he would struggle with that offense more than Cassel. I am in no way implying that Cassel is a better QB than Favre.

I would rather have Favre with a simplified offense (until he is caught up) rather than a Cassel with my normal offense.

This is based on what I have seen from Cassel in pre-season...who knows he may surprise everyone.

Edited by MrTed46

I'll bet Favre would be more successful with a simplified offense than Cassell with the full offense. Talent and experience trumps system.

That logic would imply Gaffney more successful than Randy Moss.