[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Take 1 player off any NFL team

MikesVikes

I think it's Peyton Manning. I haven't seen anyone run the offense from the field the way he does. He's basically the offensive coordinator of that team. No one, including Tom Brady, can do what he does in terms of seeing and reading defenses and calling the offense accordingly on the field in my opinion.

Brady is an excellent QB IMO, however I'd go with Peyton. Just look at how Peyton and Harrison have gelled over the years, how Marvin would know to change the route, knowing that Peyton would figure it out. Plus, his calls at the line -- nobody comes close.

On another note, I like guys like Ray Lewis, that inspire other players as well. And maybe shoot people.

I'm leaning towards Manning, but after last night's performance, I'm thinking Saturday plays a pretty big part in that offense as well.

My other thought would be somebody of Manning's equivalent on the defensive side of the ball (Urlacher, Willis, etc.).

Unfortunately, it's a fun topic to debate, but no way to prove anyone as right or wrong. I think Brady will certainly be missed, but the Pats will still contend for the division. I see Buffalo, NYJ, and NE all going somewhere between 8-8 and 10-6, with Miami not far behind.

AP - A solid running game can make a mediocre qb and/or team look palatable.

Peterson certainly helps a good rushing offense look great, but a large part of that is the offensive line. To say that he's a product of their system would be an overstatement, but they've proven they can rush pretty effectively using Taylor as well.

I don't think any skill player's (RB or WR) loss would be nearly as much of an impact as losing a key defensive component or a QB on most teams.

I think it's Peyton Manning. I haven't seen anyone run the offense from the field the way he does. He's basically the offensive coordinator of that team. No one, including Tom Brady, can do what he does in terms of seeing and reading defenses and calling the offense accordingly on the field in my opinion.

+100

Being a Pats homer, I'd say Brady.....

Yeah, Cassel still has a lot of weapons, but will be tough..he hasnt started a game since senior year in high school

at least Sorgi has played in the past...and the colts would still have Addai, Wayne, Harrison, Gonzo2, Clark....

Pats got a decent, not great, RB in Maroney.......and a great receiver in Moss...be interesting to see Welkers numbers with Cassel behind center