[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

seahawks wr's

dmarc117

I expect Jordan kent to step up big. He looked decent in the preseason not so much last sunday but you might wanna keep an eye on him.

I have no idea when branch or engram are coming back tho.

I agree that Courtney Taylor is the front-runner in this group to make the most of his opportunity but I do like Kent as a darkhorse. He's got the size, speed and grit to be successful at the NFL level but he's a little raw and his nerves have yet to be proven in the regular season. Hasselbeck usually finds a favorite and sticks with him for the season so it will be interesting to see who emerges from this group as his go-to guy. It may even be rookie TE John Carlson.

It's my understanding that the reason Kent wasn't looked at hard by FF'ers is because he plays the same positon as Burleson. Soooo...with Burleson out of the way now, Kent should be stepping up and if Hass could figure out how to hit the side of a freakin' barn Kent could be a decent WR this season.

Taylor couldn't catch a cold if it slowed down and waited for him.

It's my understanding that the reason Kent wasn't looked at hard by FF'ers is because he plays the same positon as Burleson. Soooo...with Burleson out of the way now, Kent should be stepping up and if Hass could figure out how to hit the side of a freakin' barn Kent could be a decent WR this season.

OK....

I liked Kent during preseason but honestly I would avoid any Seattle receiver not because of Hass but because of that OLINE!! Namely, Spencer and Sims...Total garbage.

Hass is accurate when he gets some protection and hasn't sat out the needed reps to hit his receivers.

I love Seattle, but AVOID at all costs right now for a fantasy impact.

Right now...This team just SUCKS!!

He seems to run routes like he is disinterested in the game.

OK....

I liked Kent during preseason but honestly I would avoid any Seattle receiver not because of Hass but because of that OLINE!! Namely, Spencer and Sims...Total garbage.

Hass is accurate when he gets some protection and hasn't sat out the needed reps to hit his receivers.

I love Seattle, but AVOID at all costs right now for a fantasy impact.

Right now...This team just SUCKS!!

What drama! Why not wait until Week 3 to jump off the ledge? :wacko:

Why on god's earth would anyone want a WR from Seattle right now? :wacko:

Because some of us play in leagues were you can start up to 4 WRs.

Because just like 2005 and 2006, there is a chance that the Seahawk passing game isn't near as bad as it looked in Week 1.

Because guys like Engram, Djax, and Jurivicies have become solid Tier 2 WRs with Hass and apparently are unstartable on other teams.

Because somebody has to become Hass's preferred target until the Engram and/or Branch come back.

:D

lawl Seahawkgal we got our buts kicked by jacksonville the year we went to the superbowl in week 1. We suffered injuries at wide receiver. I wouldnt write off the team quite just yet. I didnt expect to beat new england at home this year and now we have a pretty good shot. The other AFC teams we play are Miami lol please and New york Jets at home. I have yet to see favre win at qwest feild. All we need like any other team is a little luck.

Because some of us play in leagues were you can start up to 4 WRs.

Because just like 2005 and 2006, there is a chance that the Seahawk passing game isn't near as bad as it looked in Week 1.

Because guys like Engram, Djax, and Jurivicies have become solid Tier 2 WRs with Hass and apparently are unstartable on other teams.

Because somebody has to become Hass's preferred target until the Engram and/or Branch come back.

Because they'll be so far behind they'll probably be slinging it all over the field every week.

I love how the first four posts in this thread have four different names mentioned. :wacko: or :cry: depending on how you choose to react. Here's my synopsis of the situation and observations:

Courtney Taylor had the 10 targets vs. Buffalo and could only muster 2 catches. It can be safe to say that the game plan included him, but the execution of routes and hanging onto the football were major disappointments.

Jordan Kent was released today, and presumably going to the practice squad if he clears waivers. Had several targets, inlcuding some red zone chances, and zero catches in week 1.

Logan Payne got limited looks, but caught two passes (I think that was all of his targets, but I'll have to check on that).

John Carlson was mentioned in post-game comments by both Hasselbeck and Holmgren as a "bright spot" or something along those lines.

So, all that said, I think that the coaches must have favored Taylor as the main option, however I'm not sure he was particularly up to the challenge. I'm guessing Taylor will still be given the opportunity to be the #1 option the next two weeks until Engram and/or Branch return, but that also could rest on how much Hasselbeck trusts the guy. Two very televised screaming fits from Hasselbeck in Taylor's face on Sunday leads me to wonder how much of a bond is there. John Carlson will also be given lots of opportunities in an offense that Jerramy Stevens thrived in. And with Payne making the most of his playing time, he could emerge as the deep sleeper here. His work ethic has been lauded ever since he's been in the fold for the Seahawks, and this is the opportunity guys like that thrive in.

A couple other notes: backup QB Seneca Wallace may start at WR on Sunday. Since he's only caught one pass in his NFL tenure, it's hard to say what kind of impact he could have on this. Billy McMullen got brought in today to either sign a contract or work out (not really sure which).

The summary here: If you need points in Weeks 2 and 3, Taylor is your best option of this group to get you some. If you need a backup TE, Carlson might be a cheap option to last for the season. If you have room to store a deeper sleeper that might emerge as a WR2/3 candidate on a pass happy offense, Payne could be your guy.

I expect Jordan kent to step up big. He looked decent in the preseason not so much last sunday but you might wanna keep an eye on him.

I have no idea when branch or engram are coming back tho.

You did see the Seahawks released Jordan Kent and Justin Forsett today? What the hell is going on there... I'm suspecting Joe Horn and Shaun Alexander are about to come out of retirement...

You did see the Seahawks released Jordan Kent and Justin Forsett today? What the hell is going on there... I'm suspecting Joe Horn and Shaun Alexander are about to come out of retirement...

Get ready for ANOTHER bombshell....

ROB SIMS has a torn pectoral muscle and could be put on IR later today.

He sucked but "Pork Chop" is even worse.

This season is going to be a long one.

ProFootballTalk.com has received confirmation that Seahawks RG Rob Sims is out for the season with a torn pectorals muscle.

Nobody is worse than Rob Sims.

Seahawkgal, chill out. The Hawks were a deer in headlights last sunday, but that was an opener, against a good team that they obviously overlooked to some extent. I'm in panic mode over the running game, but the passing game will be just fine.

THe move to release Jordan Kent absolutely perplexed me. He must have looked horrible on tape. I quit watching the game by that time so I really have no idea what he did. The move to release Forsett confused me as well. You would think that they might have given him a shot, since Morris might be out for a long time and Jones wasn't special. Weird timing.

Not much you can say but wait and see. Courtney Taylor is the most talented of the current group, but we have ot see if the kid wants to bother showing up this sunday. My bet is that Holmgren and Hasselbeck are going to be able to get these kids to perform. It is going to be an interesting week of practice to say the least. I'm going to go watch practice tomorrow, I'll try to let you guys know at least who is running where with the first unit.

Nobody is worse than Rob Sims.

Yeah, I know he blows...Not a big loss but a loss of depth, and you know how reliable Pork Chop is. :wacko:

Seahawkgal, chill out.

Huh? What do I have to chill out from. The truth? I am actually quite calm.

I'm in panic mode over the running game, but the passing game will be just fine.

:D Uh.....OK, whatever you say dude. :D

Not much you can say but wait and see

Very true, but hoping and expecting(especially after the injuries) at two different things.

And when it comes to fantasy, you HAVE to keep your heart out of the matter.

I was just giving fantasy advise to people and I get jumped on by fellow Seahawk fans.

:D

Would I give up fantasy championships over a "miraculous" season for my team? IN A HEARTBEAT!!!!

But the likely hood of that happening is just about nada.

Edited by Seahawkgal