[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Belichick said,

keggerz

"We always taught our players to that its their responsibility you know

to hit the quarterback above the knees and below the shoulders"

Word for word from part of an interview that ESPN just showed(they did not

show the question asked but I sure wish they did)...So

consider this me confirming that I assume that Belichick is calling Pollard's hit

dirty.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't hear the presser yesterday but did hear that he made comments that seemed to refer to Wilfork's incident last year and what is fine worthy and what isn't. So, I don't think he's saying that Pollard's hit was nasty, he's referring back to his feelings that his own player should not have been fined. :wacko:

I didn't hear the presser yesterday but did hear that he made comments that seemed to refer to Wilfork's incident last year and what is fine worthy and what isn't. So, I don't think he's saying that Pollard's hit was nasty, he's referring back to his feelings that his own player should not have been fined. :wacko:

That is why I said I wanted to hear the question...to put it in the context that ESPN broadcast it (on NFL Live).

They go into the segment about the Pats saying not good news but expected that brady has been put on IR and said the Pats

didnt reveal the nature of the injury....and mentioned that pollard was the one that ended his season

they then quoted brady on the pats chances in 2008

then they go to bob holtzman

He talks about the pats knowing on monday after extensive test that brady is done

go to Rodney Harrison interview talking about Tom and how he will be missed etc

go to Bill talking about feeling bad for Tom

back to Holtzman talking about everyone in the Pats locker room having had time to see the replay

THEN Holtzman says "One day after Randy Moss called the hit dirty his coach seemed to agree even though the NFL ruled the hit legal"

go to Seymour talking about one man cant stop the show etc...

THEN cut to Belichick saying exactly what I posted above.

IF that response was in response to the Wilfolk hit on Losman and not the Pollard hit then ESPN should be exposed for it because that is nothing short of sh1ty if that is indeed what happened....however, i have a feeling that it was about the Pollard hit.

Full quote:

“It doesn’t really matter what I think,” Belichick said. “Officials officiate the game. I’m sure they’ll handle it. We always tell our players it’s their responsibility to hit the quarterback above the knees and below the shoulders. If you look at the Vince Wilfork play from last year against Buffalo, it is not the same, but there are some similiarities.”

Full quote:

ok then 2 things...

1. ESPN should be, ah screw ESPN

2. Why would he take such a "high almighty" stance about what he teaches his players and then reference the Wilfolk play...I wonder if anyone followed that answer up with "Coach, did Vince miss that teaching session?" and I wonder what he would have said

oh and thanks brad

Edited by keggerz

ok then 2 things...

1. ESPN should be, ah screw ESPN

2. Why would he take such a "high almighty" stance about what he teaches his players and then reference the Wilfolk play...I wonder if anyone followed that answer up with "Coach, did Vince miss that teaching session?" and I wonder what he would have said

oh and thanks brad

Or he could be saying, if it's ok for Pollard to claim it was an accident and the league to say it was a clean hit, why wasn't that ok last year, when wilfork was fined for a similar looking hit?

I'm not saying I agree, just trying to read between the lines...

...I wonder if anyone followed that answer up with "Coach, did Vince miss that teaching session?" and I wonder what he would have said

maybe something like, "I suppose you scored 100% on every test you've ever taken and have never (intentionally or unintentionally) done anything in contravention of what you've been taught?" The fact that you teach someone something doesn't mean they'll do it in every single instance.

Or he could be saying, if it's ok for Pollard to claim it was an accident and the league to say it was a clean hit, why wasn't that ok last year, when wilfork was fined for a similar looking hit?

Ok, fair enough then why bring in the bit about coaching on where to hit a QB?

maybe something like, "I suppose you scored 100% on every test you've ever taken and have never (intentionally or unintentionally) done anything in contravention of what you've been taught?" The fact that you teach someone something doesn't mean they'll do it in every single instance.

Yeah, there you go...I guess that is why he didn't say "hey, we teach our guys not to hit the QB below the knees or above the shoulders but look at the Wilfork hit, this is football and things happen" But thats not what Bill was trying to get across, IMO.

Edited by keggerz

If that's what he meant to say, then say it that way. What it sounds like he's saying is that they teach their players to be better than that.

How 'bout this?

I don't want this to come off as sour grapes because I understand that these sorts of things happen in this game. I'm certain that Pollard is sincere when he says that he did not intend to hurt Brady. None the less, I would like to remind you that this isn't all that different than what Willfork did and you guys were pretty quick to call him dirty. Vince is a good kid and I thought I'd take the opportunity to remind you guys that things aren't always as they appear.

If that's what he meant to say, then say it that way. What it sounds like he's saying is that they teach their players to be better than that.

How 'bout this?

I don't want this to come off as sour grapes because I understand that these sorts of things happen in this game. I'm certain that Pollard is sincere when he says that he did not intend to hurt Brady. None the less, I would like to remind you that this isn't all that different than what Willfork did and you guys were pretty quick to call him dirty. Vince is a good kid and I thought I'd take the opportunity to remind you guys that things aren't always as they appear.

:wacko: i think you hit the nail on the head...BB isnt sloppy with the media.

Yeah, there you go...I guess that is why he didn't say "hey, we teach our guys not to hit the QB below the knees or above the shoulders but look at the Wilfolk hit, this is football and things happen" But thats not what Bill was trying to get across, IMO.

Not really what I was even addressing - I was simply responding to the question you posed.

Not really what I was even addressing - I was simply responding to the question you posed.

my question was pure unadulterated sarcasm at its best...i know that just because you teach one thing that mistakes etc can be made

Edited by keggerz

my question was sarcastic...i know that just because you teach one thing that mistakes etc can be made

And so does Beli, so one would assume that by saying what he said, he wasn't saying that his guys would never do anything like that simply because he taught them a certain way. I think he was simply saying "everyone knows (or should know, rather) that you're not supposed to hit QBs below the knees" - that's all. Ref to Wilfork was merely pointing out that he got jumped on for a similar hit last year - I don't think this statement really had anything to do with the teaching statement . . . I see it as a sarcastic allegory/jab at everyone for being somewhat hypocritical.

And so does Beli, so one would assume that by saying what he said, he wasn't saying that his guys would never do anything like that simply because he taught them a certain way. I think he was simply saying "everyone knows (or should know, rather) that you're not supposed to hit QBs below the knees" - that's all. Ref to Wilfork was merely pointing out that he got jumped on for a similar hit last year - I don't think this statement really had anything to do with the teaching statement . . . I see it as a sarcastic allegory/jab at everyone for being somewhat hypocritical.

Let me take a stab at something...You are a Pats homer.