[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Belichick said,

keggerz

Let me take a stab at something...You are a Pats homer.

And therefore hear him speak all the time? Yes. He (like everyone else) gets taken out of context all the time. From what I've seen, he said nothing of intent or anything like that here. Everyone knows not to hit a QB in the knees but sometimes it happens - intentionally or unintentionally. He was making a crack at everyone who assumed the worst on Wilfork but has apparently given Pollard a free pass on a very similar play for some reason. Not sure what else you think he might be implying here . . . certainly not that his guys would never, ever do anything like hit someone in the knees under any circumstances - that would be idiocy.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or he could be saying, if it's ok for Pollard to claim it was an accident and the league to say it was a clean hit, why wasn't that ok last year, when wilfork was fined for a similar looking hit?

I'm not saying I agree, just trying to read between the lines...

Similar hit? :wacko::D Pollard hit Brady with his body.... Wilfork clearly went after the knee with his elbow, with a clear intent to injure.

Gotta love coach Belly and those ever so loyal blind Pats homers. I wasn't happy to see Brady get hurt... but now I find myself trying to avoid getting giddy about it. Not because of Brady.... because Pats fans deserve some payback, and it's fun to watch them squirm like this... grovel, even. What goes around comes around.... and it's comin around, Pats fans. It's gonna be a VERY fun year to watch the blind Pats homers whine... (and Czar and other non blind homers excepted).... not directed at the folks who aren't blind homers....

Similar hit? :wacko::D Pollard hit Brady with his body.... Wilfork clearly went after the knee with his elbow, with a clear intent to injure.

Gotta love coach Belly and those ever so loyal blind Pats homers. I wasn't happy to see Brady get hurt... but now I find myself trying to avoid getting giddy about it. Not because of Brady.... because Pats fans deserve some payback, and it's fun to watch them squirm like this... grovel, even. What goes around comes around.... and it's comin around, Pats fans. It's gonna be a VERY fun year to watch the blind Pats homers whine... (and Czar and other non blind homers excepted).... not directed at the folks who aren't blind homers....

It's a similar hit in that it hit the QB in the knee. Maybe it was clear to you that Wilfork went after the knee with his elbow, but it certainly isn't clear to everyone. Dude got tripped up from behind and couldn't control how he fell. Do I think he tried to hit Losman with his elbow? Probably - he was going down and still wanted to lay a hit on the guy. Do I think he tried to hit his knee? No. If you look closely at the play, he wasn't even looking at Losman when he made contact (because he was taken down from behind and lost control) - pretty hard to intentionally lay a hit on someone's knee while (i) you're falling down (at a rate and angle you didn't expect), (ii) the target is moving and (iii) you're not even looking at the target.

In any event, who's squirming or groveling? I just don't read Beli's statement the same way some others here do - yay. People don't have to agree with me and I don't have to agree with them.

Pats fans deserve payback for what? Odd statement.

9 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users)

5 Members: pfiz113, Gonkis, msaint, myhousekey, Sal

[captain] Hello, Msaint

[msaint]: Hello

[captain]: Welcome aboard the SS Keggerz

:wacko:

Edited by keggerz

“It doesn’t really matter what I think,” Belichick said. “Officials officiate the game. I’m sure they’ll handle it. We always tell our players it’s their responsibility to hit the quarterback above the knees and below the shoulders. If you look at the Vince Wilfork play from last year against Buffalo, it is not the same, but there are some similiarities.”

I think he's calling Wilfork fat.

“It doesn’t really matter what I think,” Belichick said. “Officials officiate the game. I’m sure they’ll handle it. We always tell our players it’s their responsibility to hit the quarterback above the knees and below the shoulders. If you look at the Vince Wilfork play from last year against Buffalo, it is not the same, but there are some similiarities.”

I think he's calling Wilfork fat.

excellent

Did you even read what I wrote? I said I didn't agree but was merely trying to read between the lines.

And to the bold part. That is your opinion, and that's all it can ever be. For you to say it was clear, makes you nothing more than a blind Pats hater. So there, let's keep calling each other names, see what we accomplish.

The music to this vid is just wrong! He's diving for Brady with a guy on his back. Not intentional and just bad luck! He IS supposed to try and tackle him for God's sake! :wacko: It is a shame to be without a player of his caliber for the season. I wish him a speedy recovery! :D

Did you even read what I wrote? I said I didn't agree but was merely trying to read between the lines.

And to the bold part. That is your opinion, and that's all it can ever be. For you to say it was clear, makes you nothing more than a blind Pats hater. So there, let's keep calling each other names, see what we accomplish.

I call em like I see em.... and I think Wilfork did have intent to injure, and I think OJ did it.... but many disagree on both counts. SOME Pats fans , not all, "deserve it".... I did not broadbrush all Pats fans, but if you think Wilfork didn't have intent to injure on that play... I, and the NFL commish disagree. I've seen Pats fan INSIST Harrison wasn't a dirty player. He is the definition of it. Those are the homers I'm talkin about. Which type are you? If a Jets player lays a dirty shot on a player, I'm the first one to say it was a dirty cheap shot. If a Pats fan can look at that Wilfork video, and say it wasn't intentionally dirty, it's likely to hear them also claim that Harrison is an angel of a football player who gets a bad rap too. Which kind of Pats fan are ya? Blind homer, or one who can be critical of a player?

Many years ago I was an Islander fan.... and I hated Billy Smith. He was a dirty, cheap shot scom bag. If Harrison were a Jet, I'd hate him too. When cheap shot artists like Conrad Dobler get into the HoF, it sickens me. I hate cheap shot artists.... always have, no matter what team they play for.

Belichick should shut up. If he practiced what he preaches, Harrison would not have even been on his roster. Now, the shoe is on the other foot (even though the NFL ruled the hit legal) and he's gonna say it was dirty? Because THIS time it was HIS QB that got hurt? :wacko:

The Wilfork hit deserved a fine. The Pollard one did not. The fact that the Pats are complaining about cheap shots with a guy like Rodney Harrison on there team is hilarious. Plus, throw in the fact they ran the score up on people last year . . . and it seems like karma is dishing it out to the Pats. First a perfect-season-ending loss to the Giants in the Super Bowl, and now a torn ACL for Brady. :wacko:

I call em like I see em.... and I think Wilfork did have intent to injure, and I think OJ did it.... but many disagree on both counts. SOME Pats fans , not all, "deserve it".... I did not broadbrush all Pats fans, but if you think Wilfork didn't have intent to injure on that play... I, and the NFL commish disagree. I've seen Pats fan INSIST Harrison wasn't a dirty player. He is the definition of it. Those are the homers I'm talkin about. Which type are you? If a Jets player lays a dirty shot on a player, I'm the first one to say it was a dirty cheap shot. If a Pats fan can look at that Wilfork video, and say it wasn't intentionally dirty, it's likely to hear them also claim that Harrison is an angel of a football player who gets a bad rap too. Which kind of Pats fan are ya? Blind homer, or one who can be critical of a player?

Many years ago I was an Islander fan.... and I hated Billy Smith. He was a dirty, cheap shot scom bag. If Harrison were a Jet, I'd hate him too. When cheap shot artists like Conrad Dobler get into the HoF, it sickens me. I hate cheap shot artists.... always have, no matter what team they play for.

Belichick should shut up. If he practiced what he preaches, Harrison would not have even been on his roster. Now, the shoe is on the other foot (even though the NFL ruled the hit legal) and he's gonna say it was dirty? Because THIS time it was HIS QB that got hurt? :wacko:

Trust me, I'm not a blind homer. I think Harrison is as cheap as they come. Most, not all, but most, of his worst came when he was a Charger, and I hated him. Just because he changed spamshirts, I'm not going to start liking the guy. But to me, there's a difference between the hits that Rodney has delivered, and both Pollard and Wilfork's. And that major difference is timing. When Rodney is seeing a play develop in front of him, or blitzing, or whatever he's doing, he's on his feet, and running toward the player he's going to hit. He has a clear intention and if the QB releases the ball earlier than he thought, or a WR doesn't catch the ball, he has a history of following through and still hitting a player without the ball. Those are the worst hits to me, because he knows what he's doing, and there can be no other intention but to injure since they don't have the ball.

Now, in both of the other hits, they happened either after the guy is on the ground, Pollard, or on his way to the ground, Wilfork. Now here is where we're going to disagree, but I don't feel there is any way Wilfork made that split second decision to go after Losman's knee, while falling to the ground and not looking at him. Did he throw his arm out there? Sure, but it's my feeling that he was trying to hit the QB before he released the ball, and there's no way he knew he was going to hit his knee. To me, plays like that, and the Palmer hit, are clean, agressive plays that are part of football. If any of them were on there feet and balanced, and chose to dive at the knees, then they deserve any criticism they get, but to me, that didn't happen on any of them. The crap Harrison has pulled, is garbage that has no place in the game.

Or he could be saying, if it's ok for Pollard to claim it was an accident and the league to say it was a clean hit, why wasn't that ok last year, when wilfork was fined for a similar looking hit?

Ha ! The two hits were completely different except where they landed. Pollard was fighting through a block from the ground, and made a desperate lunge for Brady with a defender on his back.... while Wilfork was free and clear and dived at the QB's knees with his elbow thrust out.

Pollard's hit was an accident.

Wilfork's hit was on purpose.

The universal karma is slowly being righted...

Von

Edited by vonromig

Because they weren't similar. That's why.

Wilfork went straight for Losman's knee with what looked to me me to be intent. Didn't see intent at all with Pollard's hit. FWIW, I perceived there to be intent on the Carson Palmer hit a couple years ago vs. Steelers.

Not to injure necessarily but in both the two cases where there seemed (in my estimation) to be intent, both Wilfork and Van Ol Hoffen (sp) most definitely made aggressive moves towards the knees. Pollard's looked more to me like unavoidable contact.

I call em like I see em.... and I think Wilfork did have intent to injure, and I think OJ did it.... but many disagree on both counts. SOME Pats fans , not all, "deserve it".... I did not broadbrush all Pats fans, but if you think Wilfork didn't have intent to injure on that play... I, and the NFL commish disagree. I've seen Pats fan INSIST Harrison wasn't a dirty player. He is the definition of it. Those are the homers I'm talkin about.

Why are you talking about those type of homers when none of them have been on this thread? Instead turning this into another "all Pats fans are blind homer fools" thread, why not just read what's being written and respond to that? Rodney Harrison is and always has been a dirty player - anyone who argues otherwise is either an idiot or they have a very liberal definition of "dirty".

Are you saying he shouldn't answer questions that are posed to him? What he said was simple - the two hits are pretty similar . . . kinda odd how one guy gets villified and the other gets a free pass. He didn't say that one was dirty and the other wasn't or anything like that - all he implied is that maybe they should've garnered the same reaction, whatever it may be. Anyway, it's not like he held a press conference just to say this - he responded to a question (which I think a lot of people tend to forget when they crucify guys for their quotes).

And when did Beli preach anything? You're acting like he's out there lobbying for clean play. He said what they teach their players - like I said before, some players take what is taught to heart and others don't. Saying he wouldn't have Rodney on the roster implies that he would be stupid - Harrison was a great player and the Pats would've been fools to bounce him because he plays dirty.

Now, in both of the other hits, they happened either after the guy is on the ground, Pollard, or on his way to the ground, Wilfork. Now here is where we're going to disagree, but I don't feel there is any way Wilfork made that split second decision to go after Losman's knee, while falling to the ground and not looking at him. Did he throw his arm out there? Sure, but it's my feeling that he was trying to hit the QB before he released the ball, and there's no way he knew he was going to hit his knee. To me, plays like that, and the Palmer hit, are clean, agressive plays that are part of football. If any of them were on there feet and balanced, and chose to dive at the knees, then they deserve any criticism they get, but to me, that didn't happen on any of them. The crap Harrison has pulled, is garbage that has no place in the game.

Spot on. I truly think that anyone who thinks something else happened hasn't looked at the play close enough.

Wilfork was free and clear and dived at the QB's knees with his elbow thrust out.

Really? Who was that hanging on his ankles then? Interesting definition of "free and clear" you got there . . .

PS - when someone grabs you mid-lunge, you tend to fall short of your intended target (e.g., if you're lunging at the torso of a guy and get tripped up, you might fall short and hit, say, a knee)

PSS - I implore anyone who thinks differently to go watch the clip again and look at (i) Wilfork's feet when he gets tripped and (ii) his head when his elbow hits the knees. Look at it a few times - the clip in slo-mo earlier in this thread shows exactly what I'm talking about here clear as day.