[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Teams that went WR/WR

dirtdickens

I know the WR/WR debate raged all offseason and most thought a team that took this route couldnt make a deep enough roster to compete. A few of us were interested in following the posters that were planning on using this drafting style. How did teams in your league turn out and what did they do this weekend?

This only happened once in my two leagues and that suprised me. The guys team ended up doing well and looks decently deep.

Moss

TO

E Royal

Turner

McFadden

DeSean Jackson

Cutler

JJones

needless to say he did well this week, but next week will be interesting to see.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won by the skin of my teeth in a 12 team PPR.

Studs: Owens (1st), Wayne (2nd), Parker (3rd), Gonzo (6th)

Duds: Palmer (4th), Young (5th), Mo Morris (9th), Cowboys D (10th), Josh Brown (FA)

Rodgers will start for Palmer, and I've got my pick of Chambers, Royal, and DeSean Jackson to man the slot, but I'm left sucking wind at the RB2 spot with Young, Hall, and Slaton as my options.

All in all, I think I've got enough firepower to compete every week, but RB will be a PIA for me all season, especially if/when FWP comes back down to earth.

I went WR/WR and won this week with the highest score!

Moss/Edwards combination as first two picks.

+1

In my local I went WR-WR-WR-WR and had the highest score there as well. Probably doesn't hurt in most of those league I took Turner though.

This only happened once in my two leagues and that suprised me. The guys team ended up doing well and looks decently deep.

Moss

TO

E Royal

Turner

McFadden

DeSean Jackson

Cutler

JJones

+1

In my local I went WR-WR-WR-WR and had the highest score there as well. Probably doesn't hurt in most of those league I took Turner though.

it'll be interesting to see how well the WR/WR teams look when they are not supplemented by an RB that abnormally rushed for 220/2Tds (Turner) or another that had 140/3TDs (parker).

Had your teams had a more typical RB performance (100/1TD), would they have still won?

I went WR/WR/RB and won easily in PPR league week 1.

Studs: Moss(1st), Owens(2nd), Witten (4th), T Jones(5th), C Johnson(7th), Kitna(8th) and E Royal(18th)

Duds: J Lewis(3rd), I Bruce(12th), D McAllister(13th)

If Moss is not hurt by Cassel at QB and C Johnson is a every week RB, I will do well.

it'll be interesting to see how well the WR/WR teams look when they are not supplemented by an RB that abnormally rushed for 220/2Tds (Turner) or another that had 140/3TDs (parker).

Had your teams had a more typical RB performance (100/1TD), would they have still won?

No, I wouldn't have won without Parker, but then I would expect to do a little better than the combined 12 points I got out of my QB, Flex, Kicker, and DEF in the future.

I wouldn't have won without TO and Wayne either.

Yes, Moss/Wayne and I started C johnson and T. Jones and got the 2nd highest score.

Yes, still would have won but only gotten second high score in this league. I categorize Turners amazing performance as something that wont happen every week, just like Holt and Ochos horrible weeks. FWIW, I had Forte on my bench.

Rivers, Philip SDC QB 42

Turner, Michael ATL RB 76

Holt, Torry STL WR 2

Johnson, Andre HOU WR 32

Ocho Cinco, Chad CIN WR 5

Wayne, Reggie IND WR 34

Vinatieri, Adam IND PK 7

Bears, Chicago CHI Def 26

In this league I still would have gotten high score. Same thing here with SJax and Holt not being off every week, like Turner and Forte will not on so much.

QB Jay Cutler 42

WR Andre Johnson 37

WR Torry Holt 2

RB Steven Jackson 17

RB Michael Turner 76

TE Owen Daniels 9

W/R Matt Forte 50

K David Akers 8

DEF Buffalo 37

I went WR/WR/WR and lost this week because my QB and Defense were beyond horrid. I was actually up until AP scored that damn TD in the 4th QTR.

Starters were:

Hasslehoff

Grant

Graham

Moss

TO

Colston

GB K

Houston D

Lol, that TD cost me the win in my league too. If he didn't get that TD/run, I would've won by 1 point. Then again, if I didn't switch out Royal for Selvin Young at the last moment or if Colston or SJax got even half of what they should, I would've won too. I'm in EST so it was pretty late when that play happened and I cursed very loud at the TV.

I'm 1-1 in my two leagues this week. But honestly, as a Denver fan, I'll give up any FF game for a game like last night. That was one of the most entertaining NFL games I've seen in a while. <3 Shanahan

my rbs are Jacobs and Graham....I don't have the luxury the other person had I just got value when I saw it! :wacko:

I was the leading scorer by one point and I take on the guy I mentioned above, who was the second leading scorer.

There is no way Turner can keep up with what he did week one, which was namely due to the Lions not tackling. I find it interesting most of the guys that went WR/WR ended up getting the same RBs- Turner etc..

I was the leading scorer by one point and I take on the guy I mentioned above, who was the second leading scorer.

There is no way Turner can keep up with what he did week one, which was namely due to the Lions not tackling. I find it interesting most of the guys that went WR/WR ended up getting the same RBs- Turner etc..

I think that people that drafted WR/WR early knew what the risks were and what backs would most likely be available when it was time to choose them. Jones, Turner, etc. There really aren't that many RBs that don't have to share a lot of carries anymore. I would much rather guarantee myself a top-flight WR or two or three that gets the majority of looks and still pick up a consistent RB than take a brittle RB (Johnson, Jackson, Addai, Gore, Portis, McGahee) or possible RBBC (MJD, maybe Barber, Bush, Maroney) and a lesser WR.

Sure, Turner isn't going to get those points every week (or ever again maybe), but he is going to get chances, and if he falters, he was a late rounder that you weren't planning on carrying the team anyway. Your top WRs are going to get the looks every week. I don't know that I would be all that comfortable with Holmes as my #1 WR.

Auction League so not sure if its what your looking for, but targeted WR, QB, and TE. 2nd highest scorer and only got 5 points from both my starting RB. Course Bench wasnt any better as all 5 of my RBs combine for 10 pts. :wacko:

Brees - 29

Graham - 5

F. Taylor - 0

Owens - 10

A. Johnson - 6

Gates - 11

J. Brown - 4

Bills - 15

I WW S. Morris in a hurry.

Only one guy did this in our 10-team league. Drafted 8th in the s-draft and got these guys by round:

1. Moss

2. TO

3. Gates (!) (really surprising to see that pick after 2 WRs)

4. Turner

5. T. Jones

(6. Maroney)

(7. Cotchery)

8. McNabb

(9. Evans)

That looks pretty solid really. Not a lot of depth at RB, but after one week it looks good considering the starting RBs are rounds 4 and 5! We start 2 RB, 2 WR and TE is required (QB, K and DEF in there too, but no flex or anything, and tight roster limits only 14 players). He's about 50 points ahead of everyone else after one week. It won't necessarily get him all the wins he needs for head to head, but we do have a good prize for top total points for the year, so if he has that kind of separation in any 2 or 3 other weeks, it'll be hard to catch him for that one at least.

Edited by CrazyOne

Just to show the other side, I went RB, QB, RB (Westbrook, Brees, Bush) in my local PPR and had the high this week by 40 points. The guy that went WR, WR, WR (Moss, Edwards, Colston) got stuck with Carson Palmer and no RB's to speak of, and was 28 points lower than the next lowest.