[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Teams that went WR/WR

dirtdickens

Lost week 1 in the one league I went WR/WR. For the record, we are an auction league, but when I saw what RB's were going for, I saved cap and took Braylon and Andre Johnson. I also have (and played) Santonio Holmes and Ocho, so you all have an idea how that turned out for me...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fell victim to the WR/WR team this week as the owner was the leading scorer a week after finishing second by one point. TO, DMac and Cutler pulled him through with the help of DJax and Eddie Royal.

Week two looks like another win for the WR/WR crowd, at least in this case. I am betting no other combo of receivers pulled it out.

I was Moss- TO- Fitz (who was traded with Favre for wayne to a brady owner)

Won week 1 vs. the brady owner lol.. that didn't say much...

but lost week 2 only by 15 points or so... with Moss doing nothing.. and Brees struggling without colston...

The guy I lost to had Adrian peterson, michael turner, phil rivers, Chris chambers, MJD... but he had marshall on the bench.. and andre out due to hurricane lol.. so i guess.. normally he woulda raped me... if my moss didn't show up to play or Cassel i mean.

I'm not worried though.. Phil rivers is going to be a dud.. along with chambers..

I went WR/WR and won this week with the highest score!

Moss/Edwards combination as first two picks.

+1

Went Owens/Wayne 1,2 and took top points this week with Kitna/E Graham/C Johnson/Wayne/Owens/Gates/Folk/TB...still not sure how this will work out by the end of the year.

Still going strong here with my WR/WR/WR picks. Sure Moss didn't show up, but luckily Calvin Johnson and Fitz did. Didn't hurt that I plugged in Rivers over Kitna at last minute either.

Moss didn't do well at all, and may not again, but there are a few other first rounders (RBs) that haven't worked out real well for those teams yet either.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to update. The one team in my league that went WR/WR is still top scorer and finally lost a game. The wheels are strating to fall off as Turner and McFadden cant carry the load. Moss is pretty much nothing and if TO decides is the team wins or loses. I know most of the guys that went into the year with WR/WR had roughly the same RBs and it looks like they are all starting to falter. I was one of the guys that really liked the idea, but it looks like people were right to disagree.

My guy is still dangerous as he drafted pretty well-Cutler, DJax and Royal-but he is not consistant with no RBs and the hit or miss TO.

Just wanted to update. The one team in my league that went WR/WR is still top scorer and finally lost a game. The wheels are strating to fall off as Turner and McFadden cant carry the load. Moss is pretty much nothing and if TO decides is the team wins or loses. I know most of the guys that went into the year with WR/WR had roughly the same RBs and it looks like they are all starting to falter. I was one of the guys that really liked the idea, but it looks like people were right to disagree.

My guy is still dangerous as he drafted pretty well-Cutler, DJax and Royal-but he is not consistant with no RBs and the hit or miss TO.

I am guessing a lit of it comes down to, well, luck.

If you went Wayne and Boldin as your first two picks, and followed them up with a combo of mid-tier RBs such as Parker, Graham, Chris Johnson, Matt Forte, Julius Jones, Jonathan Stewart, etc....my guess is you are doing great.

if you drafted Moss/Colston as your top two picks, and followed them up with a combo of Maroney, Lewis, Perry, Ahman, Thomas Jones, etc....then not so much.

As always, as much skill as there is in FF, more often than not, its luck.

Our Moss-TO-Gates (in that order rounds 1-3 picking 8th out of 10) team is now 1-3. And he has McNabb. He does in fact have Thomas Jones and Maroney, but he also has Michael Turner. Just week-to-week and scheduling luck really, as even in Weeks 2-4 there were lower scoring teams, but about 40% of his YTD total points came in Week 1. Even the Brady team managed to be 2-2, though with fewer points. Still early though. No 4-0 teams in our league (weren't any 3-0 teams last week either, and nobody is 0-4 or was 0-3).

Still going strong here with my WR/WR/WR picks. Sure Moss didn't show up, but luckily Calvin Johnson and Fitz did. Didn't hurt that I plugged in Rivers over Kitna at last minute either.

Moss didn't do well at all, and may not again, but there are a few other first rounders (RBs) that haven't worked out real well for those teams yet either.

+1

There are always going to be people that disagree with any theory, but I stil think (in my 14 team league at least) that going WR, WR was the way to go. My team did lose this week, but I believe it had a lot to do with Favre and my horrible decision to take Vernon Davis as my TE and continuing to play him. Granted, if I didn't play in a PPR league, I might think differently. I would much rather have top WRs and look for that RB that is inevitably going to show up like Grant did last year, and one or another back has done every year than to draft a top RB that doesn't produce ( or hasn't much to this point) and be stuck with Holmes, Bowe, Roy Williams, Chad Johnson as my WR #1.

As for those teams starting to falter, sure they may. I think others have that didn't use this strategy as well. Having my third or fourth round running back not putting up monster numbers as opposed to my first round RB not putting up monster numbers is a different story. I drafted Jones and Forte hoping that they would do well, but I wasn't expecting them to put up huge numbers each week. They have been pretty solid though, and I am not having to look for hit or miss Wrs from the WW.

I have to be honest and admit that I probably wouldn't go the WR/WR route again. I'm 3-1 and in the middle of the pack when it comes to scoring, but the first four RBs I drafted were Parker, Young, Mendenhall, and (Maurice) Morris. At the moment, my starting RBs are Slaton and Ward. It will get better when Parker and Morris return, but it's still going to be an uphill battle at that position all season long.

Having said that, I really don't have any complaints about T.O. and Wayne, and drafting Chambers, Royal, and DeSean Jackson didn't hurt either.

I will agree that it's not a perfect strategy, but at the same time, giong RB/RB doesn't guarantee a championship either. Luck has a lot to do with it, and keeping up with the WW no matter what way you drafted. In my 14 team league, these teams that went RB/RB may be second-guessing their strategy as well.

Peterson, J. Lewis, Housh: 1and 3

Addai, jacobs, Jennings: 1 and 3

Lynch, Grant, Holt: 1 and 3

Westbrook's team lost this week, and he will be worrying all year probably.

Tomlinson's team won his first game this week.

I know it' s just my point of view, but if Moss goes down or doesn't produce, it doesn't hurt me as much as if Tomlinson, AP, Westbrook, Barber, Jackson, Addai, Grant, etc. don't perform or go down and not only do I have to find another RB, but I also probably don't have consistency at WR position. this may just be that I play in 14 team and pickens are thin.

I contemplated taking TO/Moss with the 12th/13th picks. Instead I went Portis and Barber. Workhorse RB's are money in the bank.

Plus, there are plenty of quality receivers to be had late. Boldin, Jennings, Ward, Calvin, Santana Moss, Brandon Marshall etc. I really can't take exception with using a pick on Owens or Moss, but not many receivers in the league are consistent enough to build a really dominant team around. I could take TO around the tenth pick or so but I really don't consider any others until the 3rd round after I already have a consistent core to work with.

Edited by Seahawks21

Tied for first still. This guy has someone step up each week and carry his team, this week Steve Slaton. His team looks amazing and it is easy to see why he is the leading scorer, but it is clear his options are going to start giving out. McFadden, Slaton and Turner wont be able to carry him all season.

Cutler not having a normal day helped too.

Tied for first still. This guy has someone step up each week and carry his team, this week Steve Slaton. His team looks amazing and it is easy to see why he is the leading scorer, but it is clear his options are going to start giving out. McFadden, Slaton and Turner wont be able to carry him all season.

Cutler not having a normal day helped too.

Why is it clear that his options are going to start giving out? I don't get it. Those backs are producing. What has givien you the indication that they won't continue to do so? And they are on teams that most likely aren't going to the playoffs, so come FF playoff time, they will still be playing while other backs will be rested and screw up your playoff run.

• 2 weeks later...

I realize you aren't keeping up anymore, but I am still curious as to what your team looks like. I know it's not the one in your sig because you keep talking about players on another team that aren't producing that are starters in your sig. You keep posting of how it is obvious that this person's RBs are not going to work out (but they keep producing) and how his strategy can't work. They way this season has gone, it looks more and more like it doesn't really matter who you took in the first round because they are almost all underproducing. Unless you got Gore or Portis, you have probably had a rough one too.

I am only saying he cant keep up because his players are inconsistant. A few of his guys will have nice games, but he had no one that he could really lean on every week. It was almost like he was counting on a random player like Ediie Royal to go off and carry the rest of his guys that

My team

Brees

Westy

Portis

Chris Johnson

AJohnson

RWhite

Carlson

Galloway

Tampa

Ryans

RHarrison