[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Teams that went WR/WR

dirtdickens

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am only saying he cant keep up because his players are inconsistant. A few of his guys will have nice games, but he had no one that he could really lean on every week. It was almost like he was counting on a random player like Ediie Royal to go off and carry the rest of his guys that

My team

Brees

Westy

Portis

Chris Johnson

AJohnson

RWhite

Carlson

Galloway

Tampa

Ryans

RHarrison

Fletcher

First off, you drafted that team? Nice draft. What size is the league? Actually, excellent draft. Don't know how you did it, but nice anyway.

Next, Westy, Johnson, Johnson, Galloway, and Carlson have all been inconsitent. Your team is follwoing the same trends. All teams will have problems no matter how you draft. All layers will have down weeks and hopefully up weeks. It's how you deal with the situation. I no longer have all my players either, but I probably wouldn't even if I had gone RB/RB or RB/WR.

I haven't seen a roster like yours in any of my other leagues. Redraft, yes? Most that I have seen that went RB/RB ended up with R. White, Evans, Holmes or Bowe as their #1 WR. If Westy were to go down, it hurts that player more than if R. Moss goes down and the guy still has Fitz and Forte, Turner, or T. Jones. Those are just my thoughts. I think that team will still do well in the long run, and I would appreciate you keeping us posted on the season. I am intersted to know how it turns out. I have two losses as well now. But I don't believe it's because of how I drafted. I just happened to be in Favre's way with six TDs one week.[/

One of the best teams in my league has Fitz, Marshall, and HAD Andre Johnson at the draft. I believe he actually went four WRs before he picked up anything, and then made a lot of trades with those guys did well, now he has an excellent team with excellent WRs and RBs.

Edited by Medal of Honor

Thanks for the thoughts on my team. It was a 12 team redraft and I went Westy, AJohnson, Brees and EGraham with my first four picks. I ended up trading Graham and Cotchery for Portis after week three. A few of my guys have been inconsistant, but I have Portis and Brees to lean on every week. One of the other guys is bound to hit each week and that is how I have went 5-1.

The WR/WR team I post on has no every game player. Cutler? Maybe, but his backs are too hit or miss to carry the team when TO and Moss do nothing. I am not saying this drafting method is a failure, its just that in my case the guy couldnt get enough depth at other positions to compinsate for erratic WR play.