[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The fleecings have begun...

detlef

I honestly think the only reason why a trade should be rejected is if there's obvious evidence of collusion. However, you can't just do it to save the league from one owner being an idiot.

Thus whilst holding my nose, I just approved:

B Favre and Edge for M Lynch and Brady

Keep in mind, this is an 8 team league. Rodgers, Kitna, Shaub, Pennington, and Warner among others are all FAs.

If its not some sort of keeper or dynasty league you had every right to reject that. Check that. It may have been your duty to reject it

Edited by whomper

i dont really so where its so bad ...Lynch is a HUGH upgrade over edge

without seeing the rosters it is really hard to comment any further

edit: oh wait the guy getting lynch is who you are calling the fleecer :wacko:

Edited by keggerz

If its not some sort of keeper or dynasty league you had every right to reject that. Check that. It may have been your duty to reject it

disagree totally. absent evidence of collusion, the guy has every right to overpay for brett favre if that is how he chooses to address his QB issue. it's a pretty dumb trade, but it would not be a complete shocker if favre+edge outscored, say, schaub+lynch. this is one where the commish absolutely has to just hold his nose.

disagree totally. absent evidence of collusion, the guy has every right to overpay for brett favre if that is how he chooses to address his QB issue. it's a pretty dumb trade, but it would not be a complete shocker if favre+edge outscored, say, schaub+lynch. this is one where the commish absolutely has to just hold his nose.

+1

Pretty much.

Backtrack. Maybe my initial reaction was a little quick. I just think if its not keepr or dynasty then including Brady makes it a little hairy since he is no longer playing this year

Edited by whomper

Backtrack. Maybe my initial reaction was a little quick. I just think if its not keepr or dynasty then including Brady makes it a little hairy since he is no longer playing this year

Brady was just thrown in to balance the trade ( meaning some leagues have to have equal amount of players not say balance as in value )

Including Brady is merely to preserve roster sizes. Basically it's Favre and Edge for Lynch. Which is all well and good but not when you consider that it's really Favre and Edge for Lynch plus either Warner, Rodgers, Kitna, Shaub... Since the dude who gets Brady is merely going to waive him for any of those he wants.

Brady was just thrown in to balance the trade ( meaning some leagues have to have equal amount of players not say balance as in value )

Yeah. I jumped the gun..My bad

Uh, yeah.

If it's a keeper league I'd consider it totally lopsided, in a re-draft, a fair trade.

Including Brady is merely to preserve roster sizes. Basically it's Favre and Edge for Lynch. Which is all well and good but not when you consider that it's really Favre and Edge for Lynch plus either Warner, Rodgers, Kitna, Shaub... Since the dude who gets Brady is merely going to waive him for any of those he wants.

good point *** 8 team league :wacko:

B Favre and Edge for M Lynch - don't sound that bad

if Farve is going to be sitting on his bench he is getting Lynch for Edge

which team do you think is getting hosed ????

Then if Farve goes out a throws 35 TDs this year, is this a fair trade? Well, he could very well do that. Including Brady is probably to fill roster requirements. This could be a fair trade, but none of us can predict the future. I may end up benefiting the team giving up Lynch. NO COLLUSION, LET IT STAND

ok then i have to ask who is this guys other QB that he currently has to pair with Favre?

Then if Farve goes out a throws 35 TDs this year, is this a fair trade? Well, he could very well do that. Including Brady is probably to fill roster requirements. This could be a fair trade, but none of us can predict the future. I may end up benefiting the team giving up Lynch. NO COLLUSION, LET IT STAND

Obviously I let it stand, however your argument for why this trade is not horrible is sort of silly. O Sullivan could throw 35 TDs for all we know, would that trade be cool?

The simple fact is, Lynch is a top 10 guy going into the season that did nothing this weekend to lead anyone to believe that he didn't deserve that. Edge looked nice but has some major wear on his treads and a rookie nipping at his heels. Favre certainly looked good but really no better than any number of guys that can be had for free. So why volunteer to make such a huge downgrade at RB?

I'm simply venting because now one of my opponents has managed to trade his back up QB and a back up RB for a stud RB. All because somebody panicked.

ok then i have to ask who is this guys other QB that he currently has to pair with Favre?

The funny thing is that the same dude traded Eli Manning for Leinart right after the draft (early August) because he realized that Manning and Brady had the same bye week.

Need to see both rosters first before anyalzing this trade, but if the guy giving up Lynch has other stud RBs to make up for the loss of Lynch (which is possible, since its an 8-team league), and he is getting a QB that HE feels gets him closer to making up for the loss of Brady, then who is anyone to veto it?

Good job. It would be nice if every comish would have the open mindedness to allow trades they felt were lopsided. Subjectivity should not enter into it. No collusion no problem. The man paid his dime, let him run his team as he sees fit. It’s the American way.

So you will pay his league fee if Farve and Edge have great years and Lynch not as much? Farve plays behind one of the best lines in the league and has a couple of very good receivers, so he could very well have a great year.

What the hell are you talking about? I allowed the f'ing trade! Hell, Favre could have 50 TDs for all I know. That doesn't change the fact that as of September 9th 2008, there is no evidence to support that he should be markedly better than any number of guys that could be had for free. There is, however, plenty of reason to expect that Lynch should be better than Edge. If you'd be happy to trade Lynch for those guys knowing that there were plenty of options to be had for free, that's your business but I doubt you'd find many who would agree with that logic.

Really, that's it. Now shoo.