[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFC West Title

Jedi

I'm sure I'll miss a few here, but basically the Seahawks enter Week 1 with:

Branch out

Engrahm out

Heller out

Locklear out

O-lineman was begged to return from retirement

We let Josh Clutch-boy Brown walk to a division rival

Rookie TE

Rocky and Babinoux (sp) suspended

Julius F'n Jones backing up a back-up

And Hass getting a shot in his back before the game just so he could play?

And so we lose: the game, our only veteran WR (and the only bright spot on special teams left), our starting RB, our Right Tackle, and our punter?

So we decide to make roster room for a veteran WR by dumping Kent and Forsett, leaving us TJ F*** a Duckett and Orange Rotten-Egg Julius as our only rostered RB's, Courtney Taylor and some Redskin hopeful at WR, our back up QB as punt returner and a buldging disc for QB1 ?

Is Bennett involved in this somehow?

I did read in the paper today that we are a 9 point favorite to the 49ers. What was it Zorn said after Thursday's game? "Just trying to see the glass half full. Actually I'm not sure there's any water in the glass."

Somehow, we'll still finish on top of the NFC West. Maybe we'll play Romo in round 1. Is he still dating that ugly chick?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The O-line isn't as banged up as you suspect. The blocking for Matt wasn't terrible, he just didn't have anyone open the couple times he got sacked.

Bernard and Babi are now re-activated and available to play against the 49ers.

Branch and Engram are both back after the bye week (Branch may be back for the Rams game actually).

Our Rookie Tight End (Carlson) is a total pimp and a sleeper fantasy pick. Remember how much the Seahawks used Jerramy Stevens? Well Carlson was the only proven receiver with hands this weekend, catching 4 passes for 52 years in a total blowout. Sounds like a potential stud to me.

Josh Brown was a minor loss. He was clutch, but he wasn't the best there is, and not the best we will have. Our new guy (forget his name) isn't bad at all. Moves with kickers shouldn't phase you or the team, look at the difference in fantasy stats.

Forsett and Kent were dumped to re-activate Babi and Bernard, read the ESPN article.

The 49ers are just a TERRIBLE team and the hawks could beat them with all of their 1st string out.

After the bye week we'll start to see the brighter side of the Seahawks again. I'm thankful to the scheduling gods for giving us the craptastic 49ers and Rams the next two weeks.

Edited by Medal of Honor

Josh Brown was a minor loss. He was clutch, but he wasn't the best there is, and not the best we will have. Our new guy (forget his name) isn't bad at all. Moves with kickers shouldn't phase you or the team, look at the difference in fantasy stats.

Seriously?

Edited by Jedi

The 49ers are just a TERRIBLE team and the hawks could beat them with all of their 1st string out.

After the bye week we'll start to see the brighter side of the Seahawks again. I'm thankful to the scheduling gods for giving us the craptastic 49ers and Rams the next two weeks.

San Francisco is better than you think. They played sloppy last week but they only lost by virtue of turnovers. Gore averaged close to 7 yards a carry (+ a 41 yard TD), JTO was halfway to 300 yards by halftime, but the Cards had the ball for 23 minutes in the 2nd half.

Speaking of their defense -- despite not being able to stop the Cards nickle and diming, they only allowed 2.8 yards/carry, held Warner under 200 yards and only allowed 1 passing TD. The Cards started THREE drives in Niner territory and only got 3 points out it. And this was all after being on the field for an ungodly 37 minutes of the game.

As far as I'm concerned, with the exception of the Rams, this division is WIDE open.

As sad as it is..

(Yes I live in Phoenix, however I am a Colts fan)

This division is Arizona's for the taking. The Rams will finish last, Seattle unfortunately will finish 3rd, San Fran 2nd, and the Cardinals with a record of 9-7 will win the division.

As sad as it is..

This division is Arizona's for the taking. The Rams will finish last, Seattle unfortunately will finish 3rd, San Fran 2nd, and the Cardinals with a record of 9-7 will win the division.

That is not going to be the case. The Seahawks won't finish behind the 49ers. I'd be willing to place some money down on that.

As sad as it is..

LMAO The Seahawks still have one of the best defenses in the nfc with no injuries on that side of the ball. And the best qb in the NFC as well. I dont see the seahawks losing any divisional games. Maybe a trap game on the road when we play the niners but the cardinals are just pathetic. I see the Seahawks going 8-0 at home too this means we only gotta win 2 road games to make the playoffs and we play the rams, niners, cardinals, dolphins, and tampa bay. I think we can manage another NFC west title this year.

The O-line isn't as banged up as you suspect. The blocking for Matt wasn't terrible, he just didn't have anyone open the couple times he got sacked.

You mean the five times he got sacked?

Yeah, the new guy is so good, you can't even name him. :wacko:

As of today:

NFC West Champion -

Arizona Cardinals +120

San Francisco 49ers +1000

Seattle Seahawks -125

St Louis Rams +1000

I don't like Seattle at less than even money against the field. I gotta say, the 49ers at 10-1 seems like a good value play given how wide open the division looks at the moment. And there could be opportunities to hedge out at a profit if San Fran can stay in it until the last few weeks of the season. . .

Still, I think Arizona is going to oopsie their way into the division title.

LMAO The Seahawks still have one of the best defenses in the nfc with no injuries on that side of the ball. And the best qb in the NFC as well. I dont see the seahawks losing any divisional games. Maybe a trap game on the road when we play the niners but the cardinals are just pathetic. I see the Seahawks going 8-0 at home too this means we only gotta win 2 road games to make the playoffs and we play the rams, niners, cardinals, dolphins, and tampa bay. I think we can manage another NFC west title this year.

Best QB in the NFC???? :D Dude.. Share some of that stuff!!

Romo

Brees

McNabb

I'll put Hasselback here however I'd say that Kurt Warner is giving him a run for his money as the 4th best QB in the NFC.

And bro, I know your a Seattle homer and you can cheer for your team, but seriously. Buffalo dominated your defense.. BUFFALO! What did your defense do other than give up 338 yards and 34 points? Ok - 14 of those points were due to Buffalo's special teams. With that said, Seattle only managed 10 points, so they still would have lost by 10!

No way do the Hawks go 8-0 at home. And I'd put my HOUSE up on a bet that Seattle loses a divisional game. Their offense is in shambles. Hasselback is playing with a freakin golfball in his back. In all honesty, I would not be the slightest bit suprised to see him sit for a few weeks until the rest of the offense comes back and then hope they can make a play for the wild card.

8-0 at home and 6-0 in the division :wacko:

The Seahawks may not win the divisional title, but I'm more than positive they will NOT be behind the crappy 49ers at the end of the season. Talk about drinking the coolaid. Does everyone also think Indy is as bad as they played, NE as good as they played, etc?

It's week 1, and you are all crazy. So the Seahawks are banged up. In my opinion they get most everyone back in the next 4 weeks (save for Burleson the rest aren't worth a ton of mention), and they didn't lose anyone influential in the offseason.

Josh Brown is just a KICKER. I'm looking at 2007 stats right now. An 82% FG rating was middle of the pack last year. Kickers are kickers. Some of them are a cut above the rest, but just like in Fantasy, there isn't a HUGE difference between them all. You've gotta have offense to even set up kicks anyway...

But yeah, 49ers in front of the Seahawks is laughable at best. Arizona could pull it off, but we'll see. I think their Defense is overrated. They played San Fransisco. I'll say it again. The 49ers are bad. Not as bad as the Rams, but definitely 3rd in the division.

:D Olindo Mare beat him out for the job. Brandon Coutu seeing as you're such a homer. :D I'm pretty sure Josh Brown would have kept the job had he stayed. :wacko:

Edited by Down Goes Frazia

Best QB in the NFC???? :wacko: Dude.. Share some of that stuff!!

Romo

Brees

McNabb

I'll put Hasselback here however I'd say that Kurt Warner is giving him a run for his money as the 4th best QB in the NFC.

hell there's a few more i'd put ahead of hasselbeck too. Hasselbeck has peaked, he's headed down the backside now. And with a bulging disc (that he had to take a epidural shot for last week :D )... he's gonna be dealing with issues all year.

How has hasselbeck peaked when he had his first back to back pro bowl years? he threw for more passing yards last year then any other and more td''s than any other. I dont see how you can say the guy has peaked. You obviously cant predict the future.

Romo is good but he isnt elite. He hasnt won a playoff game since high school. He was 0-3 at eastern. Sure he can play good in the regular season I mean Bledsoe looked good on that cowboys offense without TO might I add.

I'm a Seahawk fan and I have to say they are in trouble! Clearly, they have the best defense in the NFC West and that will keep them in the race. You only need to look at their skill positions to see they will struggle for 3-4 weeks until Branch and Engram get back. My worry is that they'll rush them back to fast and they'll lose them for the season. Hasselbeck is banged up and a back injury can last all year. Morris is banged up. No Wide Receivers and I repeat, NO!

The only way I see them winning this weekend is if their defense creates 10-17 points. San Francisco has proven that they can win at Qwest, which most cannot, and if we continue to have trouble stopping Gore it could be a long day. If I was in Vegas, which I will be the following weekend, I'd take the 49ers and the points. As far as the division Title goes I still believe the Seahawks will finish in first.

Seattle 9-7

Arizona 8-8

San Francisco 6-10

St. Louis 4-12