[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFC West Title

Jedi

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RG Rob Sims just got put on IR...

Not that this is a bad thing because he SUCKED anyways.

So the OLINE is about the same, just minus depth.

I don't have rose colored glasses on here. Seattle is in SERIOUS trouble right now.

Anyone who can't see that is BLIND.

Doesn't matter if you are a Hawk fan or not.

:wacko:

As sad as it is..

(Yes I live in Phoenix, however I am a Colts fan)

This division is Arizona's for the taking. The Rams will finish last, Seattle unfortunately will finish 3rd, San Fran 2nd, and the Cardinals with a record of 9-7 will win the division.

werd - Sea fan in AZ - this is da Cards division to lose now, although I think they can get to 10-6

brutal way for Holmgren to go out

hahahahh!! The Cards and Niners!!? It isn't April 1 right?? Come on..... The Arizona Cardinal's division for the taking? The 49ers? Those are two of the worst 8 teams in the NFL. You gotta be kidding me. The Seahawks could win this division with Seneca Wallace as their QB and without Walter Jones. The sun rises, Peyton Manning will have a good year, Megan Fox is really hot, and the Seahawks win the NFC West. THese are things that just are. The 49ers and Cards I guess you would have to say are getting a little closer, but they are still bad football teams, and are still 2-3 years away at best from being competetive on a weekly basis.

And oh yeah, Matt Hasselbeck is the best QB in the NFC. If he had anywhere near the weapons of Brees or Romo he would put up ridiculous numbers and win totals.

RG Rob Sims just got put on IR...

Not that this is a bad thing because he SUCKED anyways.

So the OLINE is about the same, just minus depth.

I don't have rose colored glasses on here. Seattle is in SERIOUS trouble right now.

My point is that they are in temporary trouble. Hasselbeck will get better, he's not that old. Engram, Branch, and Morris are on the way back in just a few weeks. We have an early bye. Defense is completely healthy and just got Bernard and Babi back this week - they have EVERYONE back from last year's elite defense and just played one bad game.

I'm a Seahawks fan that can admit Arizona might win the division, but it will be by one or two games, and the 49ers are going to get trashed by teams like the Eagles, Patriots, Giants, Saints, and Cowboys. Seahawks or Arizona will win, the Rams have no prayer, and the 49ers will be someplace in the middle winning a couple of divisional games just to keep everyone guessing.

And whoever brought up that the 49ers beat the Seahawks 2 seasons ago conveniently forgot that the Seahawks EMBARRASSED them on Monday night last year. Whoops!

brutal way for Holmgren to go out

Indeed! This is gonna be a rough year for the Hawks.

I honestly have nothing against the Hawks, and even though I am a hometown boy, I am not at all bias towards the Cards. It's just that the writing is everywhere (although it has been for the past 3 years or so) that this is Arizona's division. They have an improved o-line, they actually have a decent backup RB now who will only improve in Hightower, they have the best 1-2 punch at WR in all of the NFL, and they have "arguably" the most underrated QB in the league throwing to him. I'm not saying Warner is top 5, but I am saying that he isn't getting as much credit as he should. Give him 3-4 seconds (instead of 2-3 seconds) in the pocket, and he'll pick apart defenses all day. As for the defense, I'm not going to say that the Cards have even a top 5 defense in the NFC - hell they dont even have the best defense in their division, but it's servicable. A bend but dont break type of defense. The Cardinals are going to win this division the same way Warner got the starting QB job - Leinart lost it - Warner didn't "win" it. Same thing with the division. Cards aren't going to "win" the division, it's the other 3 teams that are going to "lose" it.

hahahahh!! The Cards and Niners!!? It isn't April 1 right?? Come on..... The Arizona Cardinal's division for the taking? The 49ers? Those are two of the worst 8 teams in the NFL. You gotta be kidding me. The Seahawks could win this division with Seneca Wallace as their QB and without Walter Jones. The sun rises, Peyton Manning will have a good year, Megan Fox is really hot, and the Seahawks win the NFC West. THese are things that just are. The 49ers and Cards I guess you would have to say are getting a little closer, but they are still bad football teams, and are still 2-3 years away at best from being competetive on a weekly basis.

And oh yeah, Matt Hasselbeck is the best QB in the NFC. If he had anywhere near the weapons of Brees or Romo he would put up ridiculous numbers and win totals.

Unfortunately bro, I have a strong feeling you're going to be eating your words by the end of the season. And the way it looks, you may get what you're asking for. Seneca Wallace may get the starting job so the team can give Hasselbeck some time to heal while he doesn't have a reliable WR to throw to.

Edited by Shorttynaz

My point is that they are in temporary trouble.

:D Didn't I just say that?

shrug.gif

I guess I should have put the emphasis on the words RIGHT NOW.

I think the Cardinals are way overrated. Boldin and Fitz are great but... the BEST 1-2 punch in the NFL? I'd argue you are forgetting a few, all of which have a better QB throwing to them. You also realize Kurt Warner is one Patrick Kerney sack away from being out for the season, right? When was the last time he was healthy for 16 games?

They had a great defensive game in week 1... against the aforementioned terrible 49ers offense. Edge is old and worn down. Hightower is cool and all, but he's not Chris Johnson. And he's a potential fumble machine.

The Cards really don't have the talent that the Seahawks have at any position save for WR. Sorry, that's just the way it's been for years and will continue to be for another couple years. They may win the division, but as you said that will be due to the Seahawks losing it, not the Cards earning it.

Edit: And for those with Huddle memberships, Seahawks are still the favorite this week even with all the injuries. http://www.thehuddle.com/x8/season/w02/gp-sf-sea.php

Edited by Medal of Honor

seriously? how is this ridiculous run of injuries an over-dramatization? b/c da Hawks have been so dominant and had such a stranglehold on the division? please

NFC West sucks, and Az looks to be the best team by default

Seahawks could very well suck this year. They also might be 2-1 going into Week 5, with their 2 top WRs coming back. I don't remember as much chicken little squawking after Week 1 of the 2006 nfl season, when the Hawks put up 9 points against Detroit and Arizona put up 34. :wacko:

All these prognostications from Week 1 are largely attributable to emotion. I'll wait a week or two for logic to take hold. :D

Edited by bushwacked

Seahawks could very well suck this year. They also might be 2-1 going into Week 5, with their 2 top WRs coming back. I don't remember as much chicken little squawking after Week 1 of the 2006 nfl season, when the Hawks put up 9 points against Detroit and Arizona put up 34. :wacko:

All these prognostications from Week 1 are largely attributable to emotion. I'll wait a week or two for logic to take hold. :D

So when was the last time we were out of 4 receivers, starting RB and a RG(as sucky as he his, we lose depth)?

Just curious. It's kinda hard to compare this to the first game of 2006. Hell, at least we won that one.

I don't call it chicken little squawking at all. Just logic.

Rocky Bernard comes back and Babs. This is good for the D and if they win a game for us, this could be it with the home field advantage.

Does anybody remember the receivers we were using the bulk of the Sujper Bowl season? Joe Jurevicius, a very young DJ Hackett, and Peter Warrick. We couldn't go four wides because we didn't have enough bodies.

Cardinal fans, I hate to disappoint you, but this is week one. Four weeks from now you're going to remember that we are talking about the Arizona Cardinals. The Seahawks have way too much talent to not be just fine. They will make just enough plays to get through the next two weeks and then this will all be a thing of the past.

Does anybody remember the receivers we were using the bulk of the Sujper Bowl season? Joe Jurevicius, a very young DJ Hackett, and Peter Warrick. We couldn't go four wides because we didn't have enough bodies.

Cardinal fans, I hate to disappoint you, but this is week one. Four weeks from now you're going to remember that we are talking about the Arizona Cardinals. The Seahawks have way too much talent to not be just fine. They will make just enough plays to get through the next two weeks and then this will all be a thing of the past.

Probably the best rebuttle I've heard. Good job. I believe Engram was out for the season in one of the last regular season games, right?

Man I forgot all about Peter Warrick. I feel guilty for that...

Edited by Medal of Honor

I see the Seahawks going 8-0 at home

The Seahawks may not win the divisional title, but I'm more than positive they will NOT be behind the crappy 49ers at the end of the season....

But yeah, 49ers in front of the Seahawks is laughable at best. I'll say it again. The 49ers are bad. Not as bad as the Rams, but definitely 3rd in the division.

hahahahh!! The Cards and Niners!!? It isn't April 1 right?? Come on..... The Arizona Cardinal's division for the taking? The 49ers? Those are two of the worst 8 teams in the NFL. You gotta be kidding me. The Seahawks could win this division with Seneca Wallace as their QB and without Walter Jones.

I'm a Seahawks fan that can admit Arizona might win the division, but it will be by one or two games, and the 49ers are going to get trashed by teams like the Eagles, Patriots, Giants, Saints, and Cowboys.

The Seahawks have way too much talent to not be just fine. They will make just enough plays to get through the next two weeks and then this will all be a thing of the past.

:D And I know it was Miami, but the Cards rolled today. And Hass as the best QB in the NFC - hilarious. Very good, (better than Bulger by far) but as many have pointed out, probably not even in the top 5.

I dont see the seahawks losing any divisional games. Maybe a trap game on the road when we play the niners but the cardinals are just pathetic. I see the Seahawks going 8-0 at home too this means we only gotta win 2 road games to make the playoffs and we play the rams, niners, cardinals, dolphins, and tampa bay. I think we can manage another NFC west title this year.

Oops!! Someone ate their words.. TWICE

So you saying the Cards only need to win 4 of their next 14?? I already said it earlier in this post. It's Arizona's division this year.

Arizona was picked the last few years, maybe with Kurt Warner they can finally do it. Maybe Leinart should do an Aaron Rodgers and sit for 2 more years and learn.

6-10? It was just a guess that this would be a bad division where no one did well. Arizona may finally be growing up as a team.

It's still Seattle's to lose.

NFC West Team W L T Pct PF PA Net Pts

Arizona Cardinals 2 0 0 1.000 54 23 31

San Francisco 49ers 1 1 0 . 500 46 53 -7

St. Louis Rams 0 2 0 . 000 16 79 -63

Seattle Seahawks 0 2 0 . 000 40 67 -27