[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Calling out Dorey on Braylon Edwards

Eggman

David Dorey's quote in the Projections: "Braylon Edwards only catching two passes for 14 yards. He had nine passes thrown to him (or at least somewhat close) but could only snag two. Edwards has some of the best hands in the league - this was mostly an Anderson problem."

Dorey obviously didn't watch this game, which on the east coast was Fox's game of the week, and knows nothing about Edwards. Edwards had 4 drops at least in that game....which is common for him. If you call hitting him in the numbers and the hands and Anderson problem, then I guess it was an Anderson problem. Aikman and Buck were comparing him to T.O.....and it wasn't because of his huge stats from last year. It was due to all the drops he has.

For a pay site, this kind of stuff is garbage and makes me question how much I should trust the content.

David Dorey's quote in the Projections: "Braylon Edwards only catching two passes for 14 yards. He had nine passes thrown to him (or at least somewhat close) but could only snag two. Edwards has some of the best hands in the league - this was mostly an Anderson problem."

Dorey obviously didn't watch this game, which on the east coast was Fox's game of the week, and knows nothing about Edwards. Edwards had 4 drops at least in that game....which is common for him. If you call hitting him in the numbers and the hands and Anderson problem, then I guess it was an Anderson problem. Aikman and Buck were comparing him to T.O.....and it wasn't because of his huge stats from last year. It was due to all the drops he has.

For a pay site, this kind of stuff is garbage and makes me question how much I should trust the content.

I saw that game and I will agree they were catchable balls but lets not say it was inbetween the numbers. Edwards hasn't been practicing due to his toe injury and looked out of shape. However, I can't say Anderson was throwing particularly well that week. Some were, some werent.

He'll bounce back by week 3.

I agree, I started Edwards and lost by 3 points...

Hey David, can I have like $1.30 back?

True story, but I also pay for this service as a guide to help me do that.

Dorey never said he was a physhic he just gives you his projections.

And as I stated above, it wasn't only Edwards fault for everything. Anderson could have thrown a little better...granted most were catchable by NFL standards.

Edwards struggled and Anderson struggled.

They were also both completely out of sync with one another which tends to happen when both miss significant time throughout the preseason.

It also doesn't help that the Steelers are coming to town. Needless to say, for whatever reason, expectations of Edwards and Anderson should be lowered until the matchup is more favorable and they get more reps.

Edwards struggled and Anderson struggled.

They were also both completely out of sync with one another which tends to happen when both miss significant time throughout the preseason.

It also doesn't help that the Steelers are coming to town. Needless to say, for whatever reason, expectations of Edwards and Anderson should be lowered until the matchup is more favorable and they get more reps.

+200

I'm not asking him to be psychic and I appreciate the projections. I'm just simplying stating that he doesn't have his facts straight from last week and next time if he doesn't know, should either find out or don't comment on it.

Edwards flat out dropped 4 catchable balls that I saw. One was a 40 yard TD that would have tied the score at 14 and may have changed the entire face of the game. How does Anderson get the blame for a pro receiver dropping passes? It's all on Edwards IMO.

Is there an offical stat for drops?

Now I didn't see the game and am merely a frustrated Edwards owner. However, it seems that both Eggman and DMD are guilty of not being very accurate. Only the difference is Eggman isn't running a FF pay site.

Now, this is a far cry from getting on DMD's case because, say, he didn't see ATL coming and may have predicted modest numbers for Turner instead of predicting that he'd pee all over the Lions. I mean, who the hell called that?

I obviously feel there is value to be had here at the huddle and am happy to pay for the info. Of course, it is as much for what I get here in the forums as anything and often find it funny the way everyone rushes to the defense of the site whenever something like this is pointed out.

The things that I would hope to glean from the pay-site portion of the site is the sort of thing that I can't see for myself every Sunday. Like whether or not I should be pissed that Braylon has a crappy QB or whether he needs to pull his own head out of his ass. Not, mind you, that it makes a damned bit of difference this Sunday where both parties, regardless of whom was at fault for last week's debacle will be in the same roles this week as well.

I'm not asking him to be psychic and I appreciate the projections. I'm just simplying stating that he doesn't have his facts straight from last week and next time if he doesn't know, should either find out or don't comment on it.

Edwards flat out dropped 4 catchable balls that I saw. One was a 40 yard TD that would have tied the score at 14 and may have changed the entire face of the game. How does Anderson get the blame for a pro receiver dropping passes? It's all on Edwards IMO.

Is there an offical stat for drops?

In your opinion they were catchable in his they were not. It's pretty simple. And let's see..wait...wait..oh yeah, DD lives in Dallas, so I'm sure he skipped the Cle/Dal game. :wacko:

Browns homer here....been watching Edwards play for awhile now, for the Browns and at Mich. Edwards can drive you crazy with his acrobatic finger tip catches and on the very next play drop a pass that hit him in the square in the hands. He had 4 drops in that game, all hit him in the hands, all catcheable by NFL standards. I will admit that Anderson looked somewhat rusty too, but not as bad as Dorey said he looked. Winslow had no problems in the first half, until the Cowboys double covered him knowing that Edwards was having problems catching the ball. I anticipate a much better game this weekend for both Anderson and Edwards. One game should be all it takes to get the cobwebs worked out between the 2 of them. But the timing was not bad considering the layoff due to injuries. The 40 yard TD pass that Edwards dropped couldnt have been laid in there any better.

Browns homer here....been watching Edwards play for awhile now, for the Browns and at Mich. Edwards can drive you crazy with his acrobatic finger tip catches and on the very next play drop a pass that hit him in the square in the hands. He had 4 drops in that game, all hit him in the hands, all catcheable by NFL standards. I will admit that Anderson looked somewhat rusty too, but not as bad as Dorey said he looked. Winslow had no problems in the first half, until the Cowboys double covered him knowing that Edwards was having problems catching the ball. I anticipate a much better game this weekend for both Anderson and Edwards. One game should be all it takes to get the cobwebs worked out between the 2 of them. But the timing was not bad considering the layoff due to injuries. The 40 yard TD pass that Edwards dropped couldnt have been laid in there any better.

This is completely accurate. +1

I have no dog in this fight, but I don't think Eggman was being critical of DMD's projections as much as the basis for them, which to me, is a legitimate critique.

+1

the projections aren't the issue...its the summary statement that Edwards drops last week were due to Anderson, which is indeed incorrect....they were due to Edwards being out of shape and out of sync. Edwards looked like a WR3 last week, and should be called on the carpet for it....I don't see anyway you can blame Anderson for the bulk of Edwards drops last week.

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

+1

the projections aren't the issue...its the summary statement that Edwards drops last week were due to Anderson, which is indeed incorrect....they were due to Edwards being out of shape and out of sync. Edwards looked like a WR3 last week, and should be called on the carpet for it....I don't see anyway you can blame Anderson for the bulk of Edwards drops last week.

BINGO! Exactly what Eggman was saying. When I read Doreys comments on Anderson, I assumed that he was fed some bad information on Andersons play. Granted DA was rusty, but Edwards was terrible. IMO the game turned on the dropped TD pass by Edwards. That was where it all started to really fall apart for the offense. From the movie The Replacements, it was 'quicksand' for all of them out there that day.