[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Calling out Dorey on Braylon Edwards

Eggman

wow. much ado over a sentence. I certainly did watch the entirety of the Dallas game and the official record does not have Edwards with any drops. As I mentioned for Anderson " He was errant on his throws much too often and was hampered by more than one dropped pass" which I will contend was true. Edwards will fail to catch some passes and will make some incredible catches as well. Unless you are saying that Edwards dropped seven of the nine passes that were thrown to him - which I in no way recalled - then some of the problem was certainly Anderson's. I clearly remembered more than one pass that appeared poorly thrown.

Did not mean to offend your sensibilities but I simply wrote what I recalled about a game I actually watched in full. Perhaps I was distracted on the occasions that Edwards dropped passes since I watch several TVs at one time but I know I did see badly thrown passes.

wow. much ado over a sentence. I certainly did watch the entirety of the Dallas game and the official record does not have Edwards with any drops. As I mentioned for Anderson " He was errant on his throws much too often and was hampered by more than one dropped pass" which I will contend was true. Edwards will fail to catch some passes and will make some incredible catches as well. Unless you are saying that Edwards dropped seven of the nine passes that were thrown to him - which I in no way recalled - then some of the problem was certainly Anderson's. I clearly remembered more than one pass that appeared poorly thrown.

Did not mean to offend your sensibilities but I simply wrote what I recalled about a game I actually watched in full. Perhaps I was distracted on the occasions that Edwards dropped passes since I watch several TVs at one time but I know I did see badly thrown passes.

I agree with all of this, but the part in bold boggles my mind... I think the NFL needs to re-examine what they consider a drop, then. Either that, or the official "scorer" for the CLE/DAL game was extremely weak/biased. It's not like baseball, where the home team scores the game, is it? I was under the impression that the NFL people make those calls, but I could be wrong.

Just wanted to add that anyone who watched that game saw Edwards clearly drop at least one or two passes that were very catchable. I'm not talking about poorly thrown balls that he could have caught.... I'm talking balls where there was NOTHING wrong with the throw. Six or seven? No way. But, to say he didn't drop any makes me wonder what DOES constitute a "drop."

I agree with all of this, but the part in bold boggles my mind... I think the NFL needs to re-examine what they consider a drop, then. Either that, or the official "scorer" for the CLE/DAL game was extremely weak/biased. It's not like baseball, where the home team scores the game, is it? I was under the impression that the NFL people make those calls, but I could be wrong.

I didn't think the NFL used drops as an 'official' stat? I think it's more of an Alias or Sports Inc thing.

Well, I pay for thehuddle mostly for the cheat sheet, weekly free agent forecast and news. The projections and start bench list are for entertainment purposes only, IMO. But, I have been a paying member since they started charging, and it does seem that content quality has been slipping. The breaking news is good, but the fantasy analysis after it seems to be very hit or miss. My guess is that DMD is being spread a little too thin, with all his media appearances and such, and the website has suffered. I also think that if the price goes up anymore, the value won't be worth the price.

Edited by gsmayes

Edwards flat out dropped 4 catchable balls that I saw. One was a 40 yard TD that would have tied the score at 14 and may have changed the entire face of the game. How does Anderson get the blame for a pro receiver dropping passes? It's all on Edwards IMO.

Is there an offical stat for drops?

i get it ... you're derek anderson, aren't you?

I'm saying I saw him drop four balls that were clear to me that should have been caught that were absolutely not the fault of DA. That was in 3 quarters because I didn't watch the 4th. In my little brain that makes a huge difference in the game, the fantasy stats of two players, as well as what you wrote in the column. Especially the part about Edwards having some of the best hands in the game......it's false period. He's known for having drops, just like T.O., which is why Aikman and Buck compared the two.

Edwards should have had 120 and a 40 yd TD, but he didn't because he couldn't catch the ball, not because DA made bad throw to him. To say DA was errant on some throws, yes, I would agree. But those four to Edwards should have been caught and made all the difference.

Well, I pay for thehuddle mostly for the cheat sheet, weekly free agent forecast and news. The projections and start bench list are for entertainment purposes only, IMO. But, I have been a paying member since they started charging, and it does seem that content quality has been slipping. The breaking news is good, but the fantasy analysis after it seems to be very hit or miss. My guess is that DMD is being spread a little too thin, with all his media appearances and such, and the website has suffered. I also think that if the price goes up anymore, the value won't be worth the price.

Nah...I don't think the quality is slipping.....this site helps me win. I'm just saying DMD missed on this one, which puts a question mark on other things. Just trying to help make it better.