[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colston out at least a month

Big Score 1

COLSTON OUT FOR AT LEAST A MONTH

Posted by Mike Florio on September 10, 2008, 10:00 a.m. EDT

The rash of injuries to big-name stars is continuing. And that’s bad news for the Saints.

Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com reports that receiver Marques Colston will miss four-to-six weeks after suffering a torn ligament in his thumb.

Colston had surgery to reattach the ligament on Tuesday.

In his absence, receivers David Patten, Devery Henderson, and Terrance Copper will have expanded roles. Also, it might give 2007 first-rounder Robert Meacham a chance to provide a return on the team’s investment. Meacham was inactive for all of the 2007 season, and he was inactive on Sunday against the Bucs.

:wacko: Edited by Big Score 1

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that sucks for Colston owners but I'd be surprised if this has a hugely negative effect on Brees owners. One of the reasons I liked Brees this year was the reason I was not that high on Colston. NO has a ton of guys they can put into the pattern. It was like the 96 Packers when Favre threw 39 TDs and created several nice but no stud WRs. Between Freeman, the TEs, and (OK, now I forget the guy who was the man before Freeman burst onto the scene). There was just no room for anyone to get any more than 10 TDs. I had the same feeling about this year's Saints (mind you, with lower overall expectations than 39 TDs to go around).

Hell, everyone's dogging Meachem but his pre-season stats weren't really all that bad. Yet, this 1st round pick from a year ago was a healthy scratch from last week's game. Why? Because they had plenty of WRs and dude doesn't play special teams. That's quite a luxury to have.

I mean, it wasn't like Colston amounted to a ton of Brees' 340 yds and 3 TDs on Sunday. Now, I realize that he likely drew plenty of attention from the D which helped everyone else, but I'm just saying that NO is likely one of very few teams that can afford to lose a guy like Colston and keep moving forward.

Wow, that sucks for Colston owners but I'd be surprised if this has a hugely negative effect on Brees owners. One of the reasons I liked Brees this year was the reason I was not that high on Colston. NO has a ton of guys they can put into the pattern. It was like the 96 Packers when Favre threw 39 TDs and created several nice but no stud WRs. Between Freeman, the TEs, and (OK, now I forget the guy who was the man before Freeman burst onto the scene). There was just no room for anyone to get any more than 10 TDs. I had the same feeling about this year's Saints (mind you, with lower overall expectations than 39 TDs to go around).

Hell, everyone's dogging Meachem but his pre-season stats weren't really all that bad. Yet, this 1st round pick from a year ago was a healthy scratch from last week's game. Why? Because they had plenty of WRs and dude doesn't play special teams. That's quite a luxury to have.

I mean, it wasn't like Colston amounted to a ton of Brees' 340 yds and 3 TDs on Sunday. Now, I realize that he likely drew plenty of attention from the D which helped everyone else, but I'm just saying that NO is likely one of very few teams that can afford to lose a guy like Colston and keep moving forward.

+1

Robert Brooks?

that's it...I have no idea who to get between Patten and Henderson :wacko: ...both are available and they give no inkling as to which player will fill that spot..

Henderson is maddening. He drops waaay too many passes. I'd much rather have Patten.

that's it...I have no idea who to get between Patten and Henderson :wacko: ...both are available and they give no inkling as to which player will fill that spot..

I think Patten will get more targets...but henderson should have a few bigger games as he could go 150 and 1 on 2-3 catches.

Bush owners will be rewarded heavily in PPR leagues. After a 10 reception 1st game, Bush could average that going forward.

TARGET ALERT FOR REGGIE BUSH IN PPR LEAGUES

NOW ! !

I agree. Brees has 2 deep threats (henderson and meachum) and 2 short pass targets (shockey and bush). he will use them. I guess patten fits in as a short pass target too.

I heard the news on the local radio station in Atlanta and quickly picked up Patten. Henderson is kinda all or nothing, where as Patten is more of a possesion WR. Patten is a better fit to step into the Coltons role than Henderson. Meachem is the wild card, since he probably has a higher ceiling.