[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brady Injury Effect on Fantasy Payout$

The Wolf

As posted on Yahoo! sports: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Br...?urn=nfl,106727

Brady's injury could shift $150 million in fantasy winnings

Darren Rovell of CNBC wrote an eye-popping report on the money that could be lost by those who had Tom Brady on their fantasy teams.

Brady's loss to those fantasy owners could shift about $150 million in fantasy league winnings from those who had Brady to those that didn't, according to Jeff Thomas, CEO of SportsBuff.com, a fantasy sports site. And some think that's at the low end of the spectrum since the total value of office pools is tough to ascertain.

Greg Bebezas of The Fantasy Football Times thinks Brady's impact is likely closer to $1.5 billion. "His injury will reverberate much deeper than it initially appears," Bebezas told me. He points out that Brady's absence also affects the value of Randy Moss.

Source: New York Times

Greg Bebezas of The Fantasy Football Times thinks Brady's impact is likely closer to $1.5 billion. "His injury will reverberate much deeper than it initially appears," Bebezas told me. He points out that Brady's absence also affects the value of Randy Moss.[/i]

If that is the case, FF players stand to lose a LOT more than Bob Kraft does...!

Amen.

Just a recockulous argument. The inverse suggests that taking him automatically made one a winner.

I actually read their point to be that teams using a high pick (1st/2nd round) on Brady now have nothing to show for it for the entire season...it is this that is costing teams. They cannot be implying that Tom Brady = winning a championship, we all know that most teams with Brady on the roster did not win last season and there is no reason to think he would win this season.

I actually read their point to be that teams using a high pick (1st/2nd round) on Brady now have nothing to show for it for the entire season...it is this that is costing teams. They cannot be implying that Tom Brady = winning a championship, we all know that most teams with Brady on the roster did not win last season and there is no reason to think he would win this season.

Agreed. Brady gets you to the playoffs last year, but if thats all you have you were in trouble. A team in our league last year had Brady, Moss and AD and lost in the championship. "Any given Sunday"