[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packers/Lions week

Randall

Thanks to Millen it's not what it used to be :wacko:

Anyway from the Press Gazette

Green Bay -- Here's the rundown of what went on today:

Both CB Charles Woodson (toe) and WR Ruvell Martin (right hand) are dealing with fractures. Coach Mike McCarthy said both should be fine for the game. Martin was wearing a large cast on his hand. He initially suffered the injury against Denver but it got worse last week in practice. "Ruvell's had a hand fracture that he's been dealing with, and he's been playing with it. It's just a matter, it's re-occuring. It's really gotten to a point where we just want to be smart with him and give him a chance to heal. He's played very well throughout. It was never even a factor in him practicing or playing in the games. He had a very nice catch on the one puma route there in the game Monday night. We just don't want this to be a season-long situation for him."

On Woodson: "It really depends what happens week to week, as you know. Charles has played with a lot of things, so we have all the confidence, and based on the communication with him he'll be ready to go this week."

RB Brandon Jackson is dealing with a concussion that McCarthy deemed mild. "Brandon Jackson showed up today and was having some trouble yesterday. I would classify it as minor. Hopefully he'll work out tomorrow and complete the test that's in place for concussions. That was a little bit of a surprise to all of us this morning."

S Atari Bigby (left ankle), LT Chad Clifton (knees), DE Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila (knee) and RB Ryan Grant (hamstring) were limited. C Scott Wells (back) did not participate. OG Josh Sitton (knee) is out.

WR James Jones was back and looked good.

RB Brandon Jackson is dealing with a concussion that McCarthy deemed mild. "Brandon Jackson showed up today and was having some trouble yesterday. I would classify it as minor. Hopefully he'll work out tomorrow and complete the test that's in place for concussions. That was a little bit of a surprise to all of us this morning."

Put in Lumpkin! :wacko:

I actually see the Lions pulling this game out at home...

Lions 27

Packers 24

Why? Green Bay played mistake free football against a defense widely considered to be one of the best in the league. Now they're going up against the worst defense in the league.

Detroit is going have to score on just about every possession to stay in the game. The Green Bay defense is solid, and you know Kitna is going to make mistakes, particularly at crucial times. There is a hugh potential that the crowd is going to get ugly.

If the Pack commits a huge amount of penalties like they did Monday night,I see the Lions having a chance.The defense should mop the floor with Kitna's face.I can't see that offensive line protecting him.The Pack should run very well and Rodgers will play smart ball.Pack takes this one 28-17.

Thanks to Millen it's not what it used to be

Yeah I forgot how great it was before he got there :wacko:

Anyway this game could easily go any number of directions. Anyone who thinks Rodgers will keep playing as well as he did last Sun is kidding themselves; he'll have his "growing pains."

Why? Green Bay played mistake free football against a defense widely considered to be one of the best in the league.

Mistake free? I know a lot of people are think the Vikings are going to be great this year. I'm just not convinced until they actually play a few solid games. They remind me of the Cardinals a few years back...everyone thinks they are going to be a great team because they look good on paper. Somehow someway they will find a way to disappoint. GB outplayed the Vikes (not by much though as they almost left the door open in the 4th) but I don't see how you can call that mistake free football. I think the Lions will have a better game then they did against the Falcons but the Pack should win (assuming Rodgers has a good game).

Mistake free? I know a lot of people are think the Vikings are going to be great this year. I'm just not convinced until they actually play a few solid games. They remind me of the Cardinals a few years back...everyone thinks they are going to be a great team because they look good on paper. Somehow someway they will find a way to disappoint. GB outplayed the Vikes (not by much though as they almost left the door open in the 4th) but I don't see how you can call that mistake free football. I think the Lions will have a better game then they did against the Falcons but the Pack should win (assuming Rodgers has a good game).

Minnesota had a good defense but signed Jared Allen. At the time I thought wrong side of the ball. A great player but will he help get them over the top? Maybe maybe not.

The Cardinals? I don't see it.

That said they are a very good defense with a very good run game when McKinnie is playing.

None of this has anything to do with Detroit's run defense though.

Yeah I forgot how great it was before he got there :wacko:

Anyway this game could easily go any number of directions. Anyone who thinks Rodgers will keep playing as well as he did last Sun is kidding themselves; he'll have his "growing pains."

Wow a Matt Millen supporter. :D

Anyway how is Detroit going to take this game? After about 300 yards on the ground last week they'll need to stop Grant this week and watch out for play action. James Jones is back too and practicing well.

The Cardinals? I don't see it.

Maybe its just me.... I just find the preseason hype similar to when the Cards went out and got Edge and everybody thought they were going to be a great team in the preseason (despite a history of underachieving) because how good they looked on paper. Things changed once they started playing real teams and people found out that they added players in the wrong areas.

Lions television blackout lifted

by Tom Kowalski

Wednesday September 10, 2008, 10:38 PM

Just a few hours ago, the Lions reported that they still had 3,100 tickets remaining and if they didn't sell out by 1 p.m. Thursday, the Sunday game between the Detroit Lions and Green Bay Packers at Ford Field would not be televised locally.

Furniture store Gardner-White, however, never let it get to that stage. The store purchased the remaining tickets Wednesday evening and the blackout has now been lifted.

Thanks Gardener-White, I knew I bought my bed from you six years ago for a reason. When I need a new bed in about five years, I'll look you up. I wonder how much this ended up costing them, I heard stories that the Lions were offering up $50 tickets to charitable organizations (youth groups, churches, etc.) at $10 if you bought 20 or more...very few takers.