[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Kevin Boss hanging with Vince Young?

Chief

Panic not. Eli overthrew a wide open Boss in the end zone on a play-action pass, and targeted him a couple other times. Won't be Shockey in his prime, no, but won't disappear every week, either.

Panic not. Eli overthrew a wide open Boss in the end zone on a play-action pass, and targeted him a couple other times. Won't be Shockey in his prime, no, but won't disappear every week, either.

I must have missed the over throw in the endzone, had me regrettign drafting him. Thx for the answer.

I must have missed the over throw in the endzone, had me regrettign drafting him. Thx for the answer.

Sure thing. Just to clarify, I thought he was a tad overvalued heading into the season, with people assuming he'd just step into Shockey's role, even though he pales in comparison as a blocker and doesn't (yet) command the kind of defensive attention Shockey did....but he might be someone who gets more valuable as season moves on.

To put it simpler, 0 points week 1, week 2 DMD has getting 10 yards, where the hell is this guy? You would think with Huddles ranking of 18th prior to the season, this guy would be getting something.

The 18th best tight end last year was Alex Smith with 385 yards and 3 TDs. That's roughly 20 yards per week and a score every five or six games.

The 18th best tight end last year was Alex Smith with 385 yards and 3 TDs. That's roughly 20 yards per week and a score every five or six games.

[chevychase]it was my understanding there'd be no math [/chevychase]

To put it simpler, 0 points week 1, week 2 DMD has getting 10 yards, where the hell is this guy? You would think with Huddles ranking of 18th prior to the season, this guy would be getting something.

Here's an alternative prediction for the week.

Witten 8/95/1

Winslow 8/90/1

Gates 7/89/1

Gonzo 7/80/1

Heap 6/70

Cooley 6/65

Shockey 6/60

Dallas Clark 5/57

McMichael 5/50

Daniels 4/45

LJ Smith 4/40

Zach Miller 3/39

This is representative of the order that these players were to be drafted. Please use these numbers each week as the rankings will not change from week to week. For example the 8th best TE will have the 8th best week, no exceptions.

Your welcome.

Edited by MikesVikes

Relatedly, the 18th best TE is not in the top half of the league's TEs.

Seriously, what did you expect him to do?

is Kevin Boss worth keeping over...

Anthony Fasano , Dante Rosario , Bo Scaife , Robert Royal, David Martinor any of the other week one FA surprises?

uh...no. I'm a Giants fan and I like Boss, but if you have a shot at Fasano, snatch him or keep him. He comes from a Dallas system that uses the Tight end heavily. Sparano comes from a Dallas system that uses the tight end heavily. Parcells invented the Dallas system that uses the tight end heavily. Pennington was drafted by Parcells when he coached the Jets and implemented the system he invented that uses the tight end heavily. Do you see where I'm going with this? Fasano is going to be a beast. Not to mention, Pennington hasn't developed any chemistry with his wide receivers yet and Miami cut their full back in favor of two tight end sets meaning Fasano is always a threat. Boss over Fasano? not even close.The rest of those guys you listed are probably about equal to Boss this season...But Fasano is goanna be a tight end stud in the same vein as Witten, Gonzo, Gates, Cooley and Winslow.

I'm a Giants fan and I like Boss, but if you have a shot at Fasano, snatch him or keep him. He comes from a Dallas system that uses the Tight end heavily. Sparano comes from a Dallas system that uses the tight end heavily. Parcells invented the Dallas system that uses the tight end heavily. Pennington was drafted by Parcells when he coached the Jets and implemented the system he invented that uses the tight end heavily. Do you see where I'm going with this? Fasano is going to be a beast. Not to mention, Pennington hasn't developed any chemistry with his wide receivers yet and Miami cut their full back in favor of two tight end sets meaning Fasano is always a threat. Boss over Fasano? not even close.The rest of those guys you listed are probably about equal to Boss this season...But Fasano is goanna be a tight end stud in the same vein as Witten, Gonzo, Gates, Cooley and Winslow.

I hope you're right. I just picked Fasano up in one of my leagues. :wacko: