[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guys who are absent from your squads

Gopher

Thinking about how many leagues I do or do not own Colston/Burleson/Brady, etc. has made me think.... what are some top-rated players that you don't have on your team, even though you're in several leagues. For me, even though I'm in 9 leagues, it's surprising how many guys I don't own in a single one:

QB - Brady :D , Manning, Big Ben, Cutler :wacko: , Delhomme, Schaub, Palmer, and Kitna.

RB - LT, Westbrook, Lynch, Gore, Grant, Lewis, Johnson, Turner, Parker, T. Jones

WR - Moss, Owens, Wayne, Fitz, Burress, Holmes, Williams, Jennings, Cotchery, Ward

TE - Gates, Winslow, Shockey

Guys I DO have in multiple leagues:

QB - Brees, McNabb, Hass, and Anderson in several.

RB - AP in 5 leagues, Barber, Addai, Jacobs, Graham, and C. Johnson (I only have Bush and Portis in one league each).

WR - Marshall is the highest rated WR that I have in multiple leagues!! Also Welker and Anthony Gonzalez in a few. Everyone else I have in one league each (Edwards, Johnson, Calvin, Housh, Boldin, etc.)

TE - Witten and Gonzo in several.

A lot of it has to do with draft position... I have AP in a bunch of leagues, but in most of them, the top WR's were gone at the end of the 2nd round. I jumped on Witten and Gonzalez in a few, but only when they fell (round 3 or later for Witten), and surprisingly, I got Gonzalez in the 5th-7th round in about three leagues. Likewise, I jumped on Brees/Romo when they were there for the taking (rounds 3/4), but didn't reach for Manning/Brady at all.

Most of the leagues that I have AP, I have a "diversified" WR group, with no real studs. In the leagues where I did get a top WR, I tried to get a handful of solid RB's in the middle rounds. Still, in retrospect, it's interesting that I don't have the top (preseason, arguably) QB, RB, or WR in any league. Anyway, interesting to look back at my drafts/leagues overall, and notice the trends in my drafting. Also, very interesting to look from year-to-year... last year, I don't think I had a top-five pick in any league. This year, I ended up with pick #2 in a few different leagues, and pick 3, 4, or 5 in at least one other.

Needless to say, my fantasy season relies heavily on AP (obviously), but also guys like Anderson (not expecting last year's numbers... just middle of the pack), Witten, Marshall, and Welker. I also have the Seattle defense in a few leagues, but I'm starting to think they might be best used as a platoon defense that starts mainly home games. Just a feeling, I guess.

Anybody else notice any trends in their multiple leagues?

Edited by Gopher

QB - Manning, Big Ben, Cutler , Delhomme, Palmer, and Kitna.

RB - LT, Westbrook, Lynch, Gore, Grant, Johnson, Turner, Parker, T. Jones (sheesh, who do I own?)

WR - Moss, Fitz, Jennings, Cotchery, Ward

TE - Winslow

QB - Manning, Big Ben, Cutler , Delhomme, Palmer, and Kitna.

RB - LT, Westbrook, Lynch, Gore, Grant, Johnson, Turner, Parker, T. Jones (sheesh, who do I own?)

WR - Moss, Fitz, Jennings, Cotchery, Ward

TE - Winslow

I guess that was sort of my point, although I got extremely long-winded in trying to make it. Nine leagues, and after looking at it, I came to the conclusion that I have none of the top WR's, neither of the supposed top two QB's, and SEVERAL of the top RB's are absent from my teams as well. Kind of scary.... I thought I drafted pretty well. :wacko:

I tend to have groups of three to five players that I target at each position and/or in each round. So while my teams usually aren't identical, they are built from a surprisingly small pool of players. I tend to be very loyal to players like Reggie Wayne, Terrell Owens, and Matt Hasselbeck that have done well for me on several occassions in the past. I also tend to hold grudges against players that haven't played well for me in the past like Andre Johnson and Edgerrin James. I always seem to catch those guys on their down seasons and then watch them blow up for someone else the following year, so I generally avoid them. On the other end of the spectrum is Chris Chambers who has always been a great value pick for me, but ends up burning his owners the following year.

A guy like Colston tends to fall in no man's land. IIve never had him on one of my teams, so he hasn't done anything to piss me off, but he hasn't earned my confidence either.

It's funny, but I never really thought about it until now. Since I try not to play in more than three or four leagues each season, I guess I do "bond" with my players to a certain extent.

Edited by tomfin2000

I tend to have groups of three to five players that I target at each position and/or in each round. So while my teams usually aren't identical, they are built from a surprisingly small pool of players. I tend to be very loyal to players like Reggie Wayne, Terrell Owens, and Matt Hasselbeck that have done well for me on several occassions in the past. I also tend to hold grudges against players that haven't played well for me in the past like Andre Johnson and Edgerrin James. I always seem to catch those guys on their down seasons and then watch them blow up for someone else the following year, so I generally avoid them. On the other end of the spectrum is Chris Chambers who has always been a great value pick for me, but ends up burning his owners the following year.

A guy like Colston tends to fall in no man's land. IIve never had him on one of my teams, so he hasn't done anything to piss me off, but he hasn't earned my confidence either.

It's funny, but I never really thought about it until now. Since I try not to play in more than three or four leagues each season, I guess I do "bond" with my players to a certain extent.

I am the same way to an extent. Got burned about 7-8 ?? years ago when I drafted Edge #1 overall, and he had the season-ending knee injury. Haven't touched him since in ANY league, any year. Other guys, like Moss and TO, I think I just stay away from because I don't have the confidence in them that they're not going to decide to take plays (or games) off when you need them most. Not saying I've never drafted them, because I have, but I think I just wait a little longer on them than most. I'll take a chance on anybody if they fall far enough.

On the other hand, someone like McNabb, it's anybody's guess how he's going to produce. I've had him on my team when he's been MVP status. Then, last year, I drafted him in about 7-8 leagues and he's basically a bust. Luckily, I had Anderson in EVERY league last year, which may be why I was somewhat "loyal" to him this year. That, and the fact that I had him in keeper leagues where he cost me virtually nothing (16th-round pick, etc.).

I've always been a Houshmendzadeh guy, but this year, it seems that his fantasy popularity finally caught up to his productivity. The past 2-3 years, he seemed to always be a guy that you could draft a round or two later than the other top-ten WR's, but he'd be comparable in numbers. This year, his ADP went up some, and I didn't get him in any league but my dynasty, where I've had him since it's inception.

Never thought of it like that before, but I think I do have some player loyalty to a point. Also, some team loyalty/disloyalty as well (stay away from Denver RB's, Jacksonville/Tennessee WR's, etc.). Interesting....