[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hey LSU ...................

theprofessor

They get away with this every year. I know their conference is one of the best but come on?

Appalachian St. :wacko: , North freakin Texas :D , Troy :D and Tulane :D

When are the voters going to look at who they continue to schedule OOC and penalize them for it? Embarrassing :D

Yea then we play the best and beat the best and win 2 BCS Championship. Next.

They get away with this every year. I know their conference is one of the best but come on?

Appalachian St. :wacko: , North freakin Texas :D , Troy :D and Tulane :D

When are the voters going to look at who they continue to schedule OOC and penalize them for it? Embarrassing :D

I agree...we should play better teams non-conference. However...yer boys are 0-2 playing average teams at best and about to lose yer third to a superb team. I feel yer grief, however.. you guys have the luxery of playing non-conference teams like you do, as yer conference is average at best, minus, USC and maybe UCLA OR OSU.

We play Florida, Georgia, Auburn, Alabama, which any of those teams would likely kick yer teeth in...and you know what...we'll likely beat them. Tulane and our contract with them screws us in many ways in certain years, like this one. Washington U...maybe we should schedule you? Thoughts?

I agree...we should play better teams non-conference. However...yer boys are 0-2 playing average teams at best and about to lose yer third to a superb team. I feel yer grief, however.. you guys have the luxery of playing non-conference teams like you do, as yer conference is average at best, minus, USC and maybe UCLA OR OSU.

We play Florida, Georgia, Auburn, Alabama, which any of those teams would likely kick yer teeth in...and you know what...we'll likely beat them. Tulane and our contract with them screws us in many ways in certain years, like this one. Washington U...maybe we should schedule you? Thoughts?

LSU did finish the 2nd of a home and home with Va Tech last year, and played Az State and Arizona I believe pretty recently. Problem LSU has is they really don't have any natural rivalries outside of the SEC, like UGA has Ga Tech and Fla has FSU. Not that I like defending LSU, but again, with schedules made years in advance, it's hard to; A. Predict how well teams will actually be when it comes to game time and more importantly B. Sign contracts with teams that have already signed contracts elsewhere. Ohio State and Oklahoma, for example, are booked from here to eternity of home and homes. These things happen for one reason and one reason only... money. The truth is, up until their first BCS Title in 2003, LSU (just an outsiders point of view so dont kill me Tiger fans) was kind of on the 2nd tier of SEC teams. And I can tell you, that is a bad place to be when it comes getting some big heavyweights to sign home and homes. Before 2003, who in their right mind would sign a home and home with LSU? You go to a hostile environment against a team that you "should beat" but in reality, you probably will lose. You have very little to gain, and a season to lose. No one wants that. Thats why you see teams either play a big "name" opponent or a cupcake. With the way LSU's program is now, maybe that will change. I don't know. I do know that just because you schedule tough, doesn't make you any better. At the end of the day, you either win those games or you don't, and to be perfectly blunt, in Washington's case, everyone seems pretty darn good these days.

Edited by GWPFFL BrianW

LSU did finish the 2nd of a home and home with Va Tech last year, and played Az State and Arizona I believe pretty recently. Problem LSU has is they really don't have any natural rivalries outside of the SEC, like UGA has Ga Tech and Fla has FSU. Not that I like defending LSU, but again, with schedules made years in advance, it's hard to; A. Predict how well teams will actually be when it comes to game time and more importantly B. Sign contracts with teams that have already signed contracts elsewhere. Ohio State and Oklahoma, for example, are booked from here to eternity of home and homes. These things happen for one reason and one reason only... money. The truth is, up until their first BCS Title in 2003, LSU (just an outsiders point of view so dont kill me Tiger fans) was kind of on the 2nd tier of SEC teams. And I can tell you, that is a bad place to be when it comes getting some big heavyweights to sign home and homes. Before 2003, who in their right mind would sign a home and home with LSU? You go to a hostile environment against a team that you "should beat" but in reality, you probably will lose. You have very little to gain, and a season to lose. No one wants that. Thats why you see teams either play a big "name" opponent or a cupcake. With the way LSU's program is now, maybe that will change. I don't know. I do know that just because you schedule tough, doesn't make you any better. At the end of the day, you either win those games or you don't, and to be perfectly blunt, in Washington's case, everyone seems pretty darn good these days.

Well said. Keep in mind, this is the same prof who claimed that LSU had the "easiest" OOC schedule last year despite the fact that they had an OOC win against the team ranked #3 BCS prior to the bowls and pretty much nobody outside of USC played anyone at all. Mind you, if you're a myopic UW fan, perhaps you think OSU's win over them is every bit as good as beating V Tech. Who knows.

As I've said before, among the perennial top teams, pretty much only USC can claim that they don't load up on cream puffs but to make a point of calling out LSU is nothing short of lame. Everyone else picks one team we all know and a bunch of nobodies. If it so happens that the high profile team happens to be good that year, they get props for going after a top team, if they're not...

Now all of that being said, I think it is reasonable to look back at the season when you're half way through, and to the end and evaluate teams based on who they beat. Look at who they lost too (keeping in mind that they LOST, so even if you lose to a good team, that doesn't mean you should get points for it I don't buy the theory of "hey pick me, look at all of my quality losses."). Thats why I had no problem with LSU being the team that got to the BCS National Title game as a 2 loss team. Because compared to the other 2 loss teams, they had a better case. They destroyed Va Tech. USC had no claim, they lost to Stanford at home. Georgia wasn't good enough to win their own division, let alone their conference, and Oklahoma had a couple bad losses, though they were the only team with any legit claim, becasue they won their conference, and didn't lose to anyone nearly as bad as Stanford. So again, at the end of the year, or towards the end of the year, assess what the teams have done, and then determine how much their schedule has any relevance. Certainly not in Week 3, where we don't really know how good ANY team is (except for USC maybe).

:wacko:

I got nothin hut respek for the SEC, altho it would be cool if LSU challenged themselves more in NC games.

I know y'all are in the middle of hurricane season- and be safe BUT cmon Balla - Pac 10 average at best?? laughable -

you listed UCLA and OSU? uh, they are probly #6,7 in the Pac 10. Oregon, Cal and ASU are all tough this year and equal to Aub, Alab and FL.

If Dixon doesn't go down last year- IS anyone beating Oregon?

can't wait for next weekend when ASU takes out UGA in the desert...............

:wacko:

I got nothin hut respek for the SEC, altho it would be cool if LSU challenged themselves more in NC games.

I know y'all are in the middle of hurricane season- and be safe BUT cmon Balla - Pac 10 average at best?? laughable -

you listed UCLA and OSU? uh, they are probly #6,7 in the Pac 10. Oregon, Cal and ASU are all tough this year and equal to Aub, Alab and FL.

If Dixon doesn't go down last year- IS anyone beating Oregon?

can't wait for next weekend when ASU takes out UGA in the desert...............

ASU does not have a prayer next weekend against UGA. :D

Oregon, Cal and ASU are all tough this year and equal to Aub, Alab and FL.

Florida is quite possibly the best team in the nation.

AP Top 25

1. USC (33) 1-0 1,577

2. Georgia (23) 2-0 1,525

3. Oklahoma (2) 2-0 1,458

4. Florida (4) 2-0 1,438

5. Ohio State (1) 2-0 1,347

6. Missouri (1) 2-0 1,336

7. LSU (1) 1-0 1,231

8. Texas 2-0 1,100

9. Auburn 2-0 1,067

10. Wisconsin 2-0 910

11. Alabama 2-0 865

12. Texas Tech 2-0 845

13. Kansas 2-0 825

14. East Carolina 2-0 762

15. Arizona State 2-0 744

16. Oregon 2-0 616

17. Penn State 2-0 607

18. Brigham Young 2-0 537

19. South Florida 2-0 493

20. Wake Forest 2-0 404

21. Fresno State 1-0 290

22. Utah 2-0 258

23. California 2-0 195

24. Illinois 1-1 164

25. West Virginia 1-1 163

Edited by SuperBalla

you guys have the luxery of playing non-conference teams like you do, as yer conference is average at best, minus, USC and maybe UCLA OR OSU.

We play Florida, Georgia, Auburn, Alabama,

Pay attention. I've never said that the SEC is not a good conference but to say the Pac-10 is average at best, shows your :D Besides the 3 you listed above the Pac-10 has 3 others (Cal, Oregon and ASU) that ARE just as good, if not better, than the 4 SEC teams you list above. We'll not even discuss how our 7th ranked team just beat one of your better teams with their 3rd string QB :wacko:

Again, my post was about LSU's non conference schedule. I'm still waiting for a legitimate reason. It appears that they "pad" their schedule with patsies OOC with the hopes that they can then only lose 2 conference games and still back in to the NC game? :D

Edited by theprofessor

Florida is quite possibly the best team in the nation.

AP Top 25

1. USC (33) 1-0 1,577

2. Georgia (23) 2-0 1,525

3. Oklahoma (2) 2-0 1,458

4. Florida (4) 2-0 1,438

5. Ohio State (1) 2-0 1,347

6. Missouri (1) 2-0 1,336

7. LSU (1) 1-0 1,231

8. Texas 2-0 1,100

9. Auburn 2-0 1,067

10. Wisconsin 2-0 910

11. Alabama 2-0 865

12. Texas Tech 2-0 845

13. Kansas 2-0 825

14. East Carolina 2-0 762

15. Arizona State 2-0 744

16. Oregon 2-0 616

17. Penn State 2-0 607

18. Brigham Young 2-0 537

19. South Florida 2-0 493

20. Wake Forest 2-0 404

21. Fresno State 1-0 290

22. Utah 2-0 258

23. California 2-0 195

24. Illinois 1-1 164

25. West Virginia 1-1 163

Come on .... SC would blow the Gators out!

Edited by theprofessor

yer boys are 0-2 playing average teams at best and about to lose yer third to a superb team. Washington U...maybe we should schedule you? Thoughts?

Yea, we've played average teams :wacko: ..... @ Oregon, BYU and now Oklahoma. 2 top 15 teams, one of them with the longest winning streak in the nation and now the 3rd ranked Sooners. Two of those teams would beat LSU and BYU would give your defense fits.

And as far as scheduling UW. I'm sure Les and the AD have looked at UW's record the last 2 years and are probably dialing our number as I type. :D

Come on .... SC would blow the Gators out!

I hope this game happens. Our defense is young and we've had injuries, but if they gel, we could be a great team this year. In reference to your point, I do not believe that there is a college team in the country that can blow the Gators out. It is quite possible that the Gators could lose, but they will not be blown out.

Why is a Washington fan so dead set on pimping a conference rival ?

:D Go MICHIGAN

:D

Not sure about the whole "pimping" thing but if that's the word that you want to use? :wacko: I call it respect. I respect the USC program as being the best in college football. If that offends you then find onther thread :D

in the Pac 10. Oregon, Cal and ASU are all tough this year and equal to Aub, Alab and FL.

Good post :wacko:

Cal gets pounded by unranked and ACC doormat Maryland today.

Oregon down 13-3 against Big 10 bottom feeder Purdue today.

I think you'll find out soon enough the Pac 10 is USC and NO ONE ELSE

Good post :D

Cal gets pounded by unranked and ACC doormat Maryland today.

Oregon down 13-3 against Big 10 bottom feeder Purdue today.

I think you'll find out soon enough the Pac 10 is USC and NO ONE ELSE

Just another example of how little you know about college football :wacko:

AND .....................

The 2nd best team in the "Tiny" 10 is getting their A$$ kicked by a lowly Notre Dame club :D

Edited by theprofessor