[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Matt Jones

DemonKnight

He looked great in preseason. His route running really seems to have improved and he seems way more focused. The only game I actually saw him play was against the Skins but he had great week 1 stats. Is this, improbably, his breakout season? Is this another tease? I think his legal troubles in the offseason actually focused him. I was buying him after his good performance against the Skins first stringers and I think the first game of the season sealed it. 6 for 80 aint half bad for a 3rd wr in PPR.

I thought about picking him up this week, but with the state of the Jaguars offensive line . . . i'm not high on any Jags players right now.

They are missing their starting center, both guards, and reserve tackle.

Edited by CaptainHook

Just be weary of one thing. The O-line is in trouble big time. Already on their backup center. Just lost both starting guards in week one for the season(although one isn't officially on IR just yet), and the #1 backup at tackle, who was actually in a pretty even battle through training camp is laying in a hospital bed still in critical but stable condition due to gunshot wounds. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm going to steer clear of Jag offensive players because this sounds like a trainwreck waiting to happen. I don't like it because I have Freddy T in one league and I took a flyer on Porter in another.

I thought about picking him up this week, but with the state of the Jaguars offensive line . . . i'm not high on any Jags players right now.

They are missing their starting center, both guards, and reserve tackle.

Sorry, Hook, didn't see your post as I was writing mine.

i just dropped him for david patten. the jags oline could be a huge mess and really hurt the deep ball.

Hurt the deep ball all it wants, that is not really part of the jags game plan, Jones is a possession receiver.

They will be running quick drops, slants and screens a lot, someone has to catch the ball, and Matt Jones is on a mission after his legal woes. He was pretty much considered cut after the OTA's, then the arrest... he focused, preseason he was a new man-actually catching the ball, he knows he has no better advocate than an NFL team who wants to keep a player.

Also, don't rule out the possibility of a trade, although very remote, and likely hurts his FF prospects.

Just be weary of one thing. The O-line is in trouble big time. Already on their backup center. Just lost both starting guards in week one for the season(although one isn't officially on IR just yet), and the #1 backup at tackle, who was actually in a pretty even battle through training camp is laying in a hospital bed still in critical but stable condition due to gunshot wounds. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm going to steer clear of Jag offensive players because this sounds like a trainwreck waiting to happen. I don't like it because I have Freddy T in one league and I took a flyer on Porter in another.

Thanks for the info. I hadn't heard the o-line was so banged up. You would think one of the many shows I caught since Sunday would have mentioned that. :wacko:

Hurt the deep ball all it wants, that is not really part of the jags game plan, Jones is a possession receiver.

They will be running quick drops, slants and screens a lot, someone has to catch the ball, and Matt Jones is on a mission after his legal woes. He was pretty much considered cut after the OTA's, then the arrest... he focused, preseason he was a new man-actually catching the ball, he knows he has no better advocate than an NFL team who wants to keep a player.

Also, don't rule out the possibility of a trade, although very remote, and likely hurts his FF prospects.

This was my first thought when I read Jax's post. Hes a big dude that could catch a lot of balls over the middle and on short stunt routes and screens.

I dont think he does anything ore this year than any other....

That is why he wasn't drafted in a majority of leagues, if any, and is being discussed here as a waiver wire guy.

He costs nothing to sit on your bench, and if he gets 70+ catches and 6-7TD's this year, he will be considered a big sleeper.