[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need your Help!

ChampSampson

Guys,

Need your advice please...

I am a commish of two mid-stakes leagues. Both of my leagues are effected by Jay Cutler's Monday Night stats.

According to ESPN, Yahoo, NFL.com, Cutler threw for 300yards.

According to Stats.com, TheHuddle.com, CBSsportsline (stats.com subscriber) , RTSports.com (stats.com subscriber), Cutler threw for 299yards.

Our league is on RTSports.com. (299 yards version)

Anyway, in both leagues, the team with Jay Cutler lost by less than 1pt. (which I've never seen) Also, in our league, there is a 5pt bonus if your QB breaks the 300yd mark. So, as you can see, the game results are relying single-handedly on ONE STINKING YARD.

Now, it's my understanding that the Associated Press merged with NewsCorp two years ago to create stats.com. So it's the "official" scorer, right? But, how could all the majors, INCLUDING NFL.com show 300yds?

As you can imagine, the FFB owners are pi.ssed. They go to ESPN or Yahoo and see 300yds, but my site shows 299. Who holds the offcial score keeping in the NFL? Is this a typo that all majors incorrectly posted?

What's my line?

Thanks!

-Champ

Cutler Credited with 300-Yard Game --

Wed Sep 10, 2008 --from FFMastermind.com

The Rocky Mountain News reports Denver Broncos QB Jay Cutler officially has his third career 300-yard passing game on Monday. After reviewing the video, the Elias Sports Bureau, the league's official statistician, gave Cutler 1 additional passing yard. He initially was given 299 yards passing in the statistics calculated at McAfee Coliseum, but what was called a 2-yard completion to tight end Nate Jackson with 5:56 to play in the game was ruled to have been a 3-yard completion instead.

I believe Elias Sports Bureau provides official stats for the NFL. Changes to stats are posted at the nfl.com site fairly quickly in the scores section under gamebooks.

Mfl.com is very good about changing official stats and then notifying the league about those changes.

Just checked my MFL league site and amongst a bunch of changes announced there today, there is this regarding the Broncos/Raiders game.

Denver Broncos at Oakland Raiders

* Jay Cutler: from 299 to 300 passing yards.

* Michael Pittman: from 13 to 12 rushing yards.

* Nate Jackson: from 4 to 5 receiving yards.

* Broncos: from 142 to 141 rushing yards.

* Broncos: from 299 to 300 net passing yards.

* JaMarcus Russell: from 4 to 3 rushes.

* JaMarcus Russell: from 2 sacks against for 13 yards to 3 sacks against for 23 yards.

* JaMarcus Russell: from -10 to 0 fumble yards.

* Raiders: from 31 to 30 rush attempts.

* Raiders: from 167 to 157 net passing yards.

* Raiders: from 2 sacks against for 13 yards lost to 3 sacks against for 23 yards lost.

Edited by BillyBalata