[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

San Diego @ Denver

TonyMantana

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deusche-Bag!! (fIlters!)

Vinegar + Water = feminine hygene product

Vinegar + Oil = Salad Dressing

Comedy

Edited by STL Fan

You guys are complaining about Rivers but Cutler was the one who initiated the trash talking with him last year and was an equal participant in it.

They both acted like spoiled brats.

The way the Chargers D played the first half, it's a wonder they were even close at the end. I'm really concerned about the d.

They got pushed around last week by Carolina and this week got lit up by the Broncos.

Couple tough breaks cost them this game but they don't improve that d, it's going to be a long season.

You guys are complaining about Rivers but Cutler was the one who initiated the trash talking with him last year and was an equal participant in it.

The way the Chargers D played the first half, it's a wonder they were even close at the end. I'm really concerned about the d.

They got pushed around last week by Carolina and this week got lit up by the Broncos.

Couple tough breaks cost them this game but they don't improve that d, it's going to be a long season.

The officiating was really bad. No luck for the Bolts at all.

The Chargers defensive schemes were awful. Where was the double-team on Marshall? I'll tell you where......NO WHERE!!!!!

I'll say it again for all you Huddlers--->I hated Rivers mouthing off last year. He needs to talk with his play, and so far this year, he has. He is having a terrific season so far!!!

I'm depressed that we've lost two game by a combined 3 points, but the season is yet young and hope springs eternal!

I'll be talkin' to all you Bronco homers when Denver comes to San Diego. Should be another great game, but I think we win that one.

I somehow missed that... how Cutler started it and all. So did the TV cameras. And the national media. Did Cutler go onto the field to trash talk Rivers? Funny how that never got reported. I do remeber how River's team mates were sort of defending him... "yeah, Rivers, that's the way he is."

Payback is a beitch. Karma. Turner whining after the game... geeze, I feel bad for the Bolts.

uh, back to the game ladies.

Denver's first TD was gift-wrapped because the freaking replay equipment was not functioning. that was bad enough.

then a clear fumble for which only San Diego ever had a shot to recover and did was disallowed in a crucial situation at the end.

San Diego got screwed over hughly whether you like Rivers or not.

OK, carry on.

I somehow missed that... how Cutler started it and all. So did the TV cameras. And the national media. Did Cutler go onto the field to trash talk Rivers? Funny how that never got reported. I do remeber how River's team mates were sort of defending him... "yeah, Rivers, that's the way he is."

Payback is a beitch. Karma. Turner whining after the game... geeze, I feel bad for the Bolts.

When I get home, I'll look for the newspaper links. Too much of a pain to do through the phone.

Although it was a bad call, Shanny gave them a chance to win by stopping the 2 pt conversion. I dont know if this was done for that reason or not (if it was, very classy).

a few thoughts ran through my mind...

1) he was saying cutler, this is your game to win or lose. after the dominating first half, then the brainless 4Q int and non-fumble fumble, we're just gonna put it all on you here one way or the other.

2) he was playing with house money at that point, and he gives SD one more chance to win it on the field (less for them to cry about afterward)

3) the way the defense was playing, he knew if he lost the coin flip the game was over.

4) still....major f*cking onions.

I like our QB :wacko:

uh, back to the game ladies.

Denver's first TD was gift-wrapped because the freaking replay equipment was not functioning. that was bad enough.

then a clear fumble for which only San Diego ever had a shot to recover and did was disallowed in a crucial situation at the end.

San Diego got screwed over hughly whether you like Rivers or not.

OK, carry on.

Denver should have lost the game. Inadvertant whistles are part of the game, however unfortunate that is, and Hoculi is an outstanding ref. Mistakes happen, and once Hoculi made the mistake, he interpretted the remainder of the rule correctly. If he hadn't had the inadvertant whistle, DEN loses, no doubt about that barring some kind of idiocy on SD's part.

That said, I also remember watching replays in various past games where I thought it was indisputable that evidence showed that a ruling should have occurred in DEN's favor in the past and the calls still went against DEN. It happens. As long as human judgment is involved in the game, it always will.

SD also got a bogus call to go in their favor right before the long Chambers' TD. That happens, too.

As far as the 2 pt conversion, I thought it was a clear statement that Shanahan didn't think they had a good chance to win if the game went to OT. He figured that he had a play that would have a better chance of winning the game right there than risking a coin flip and then moving the ball down the field for a score on SD or stopping SD on D and getting the ball back in OT. It was an admission that SD was the better team at the time - and I happen to agree that it was the right call. DEN's D didn't do anything to stop SD in the 2nd half, and Shanahan going conservative in the 3rd quarter completely took DEN's 1st half momentum away and gave it right over to SD.

Ballsy move - but you sure don't see NFL coaches taking that kind of risk.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Lost in all the shuffle of the Philip Rivers haters is that he played a heckuva game; 377 yards and 3 TDS and rallying his virtually LT2-less team from a 14-point deficit to within an erroneous whistle to victory. Rivers has become a solid NFL QB and a great team leader.

Some quick observations from yesterday's game:

1) The Broncos passing attack is going to light up score boards all year. Cutler is amazing. He makes all the throws, has a tremendous arm, and is very accurate. Brandon Marshall is indeed a Beast and really did look like the second coming of TO yesterday. Despite Eddie Royal's great Week 1 nos., there's no doubt who Cutler's primary target will be throughout the season. And don't forget about Scheffler. He did a lot of damage too.

2) The Chargers D is floundering right now. Teams have discovered that spreading them out and hitting all the soft spots in their zone is the way to go. I've never been a fan of sit back and bend-but-don't break type of defensive schemes. I'd much rather see attacking defense with multiple and creative blitz packages like the Steelers and Eagles. The loss of Merriman and the lack of pass rush was pretty evident yesterday. The suspension of their inside LB Stephen Cooper for the first 4 games is also killing us since our replacement isn't getting it done.

3) Denver's D wasn't all that great either. The decision by Shanahan to go for 2 at the end was gutsy but also necessitated by the poor play in his own defense. It was as much a vote of lack-of-confidence in his defense as much as it was a vote of confidence in his offense.

4) Darren Sproles looked like the second coming of Barry Sanders yesterday. He was explosive and unstoppable. Despite having LT2 on my fantasy team, as a Chargers fan, I wanted Sproles in the game since it was clear that he was the best RB on the field yesterday.

5) Despite the two blown calls on the field that led to 15 Broncos points, the Chargers had many opportunities to win the game by just making plays on defense. Among many issues on defense, they need to come up with better strategies and play with their 2-minute defense in particular. That's 2 weeks in a row the defense couldn't stop the other team when it mattered the most.

"This was the best crew that we have had in the last 20 crews I have graded," Shanahan said. "They did a heck of a job. Every game that you see that is within a point or a field goal over the last couple years, it may be a call or a non-call that wasn't right, but that is the nature of this game. You have to find a way to win.

This is Shanahan quote: of course he will say this....the call went his way....what a D-bag

Edited by neilfish2