[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

One week wonder or many good things to come

blips

Are Anthony Fasano & Dante Rosario just one week wonders or will they continue to put up numbers all year?

Are they just products of their system being from two teams without any stud WR's?

Are they the next Gates & Gonzo?

Which one if either has a bigger upside?

For what its worth...I have more faith in Fasano. He always looked good when playing for Whitten (I know much of it was preseason but the boys throw to the TE a lot). Rosario came out of nowhere for me. That doesn't mean he isn't talented, but you have to admit its possible (if not probable) his catches go down when S. Smith comes back in the fold next week.

I think Rosario is going to be a big part of the Panthers offense. Just a hunch. I tried to pick him up on waivers, but was too high to get him. Ended up with Fasano. I'm hopeful Pennington continues to target him.

Rosario could be a good checkdown for Delhomme since MuMohamed isnt getting any younger (possession receiver). It's too early to see but I took a chance on him in a BOTH League. I have about 15 TEs I think so I am biased (my fav NFL position).

Chad P will use anybody that is open. That is one of his gifts as a QB...as long as the open man isnt down field.

I have been watching Rosario since late last season. I can assure you that he is most definitely real and I do not see if touches being significantly decreased when Steve Smith returns against the Vikings. He has the speed and great hands that could really cause to matchup problems for the opposing Ds.

Here is the first page that I mentioned him here on the MBs. Check out the highlights and you will see his sweet catch for the TD against the Redskins.

Rosario emerging

This is a thread about Rosario at FBGs that has some highlights and good information too. Several highlights including two catches at the end of the SD game. Unfortunately, they didn't have the sweet catch and hurdle when he jumped right over a would be tackler and got an extra 5 yards.

Rosario

If you read through these threads and look at the highlights, since many people don't get a chance to see much of him, I think you will be sold. In fact, I will go out and make a prediction that he will be the #2 receiver for the Panthers at the end of the season. I think he will out produce either Moose or DJ Hackett. Both those guys will have some good games and should have FF value, but Rosario is the other guy from the Panthers passing game that holds the most value in IMO.

Edited by PSULions

i actually think Rosario will give better mismatches and have good production, but i do think the S.Smith factor will limit his overall production. On the other hand, I firmly believe that Pennington will go to Fasano (and to a somewhat lesser extent, D.Martin) with regularity. So here is the issue...Carolina may be in better position to score in the red zone more often, but Miami's TEs will get more opportunities per game. Therefore, more consistent scoring may very well go to Fasano, and Rosario may be more of a risk/return type of TE.

On my one team that needed a TE upgrade, I picked Fasano over Rosario because my team is pretty strong, throughout. If my team was screaming for a more dynamic scoring punch, Rosario might have been the guy.

One more thing, Miami has a MUCH more forgiving schedule during FF playoff weeks. That really should be factored in here.

FWIW ESPN is reporting Rosario is questionable,foot.

Local paper as said that he has practiced the last two days... He will play against the Bears on Sunday.

As far as Fasano vs. Rosario.... I think both are good pickups so I think it is your personal taste of which one you prefer. Having seen Rosario and NOT having seen Fasano I will not try to persuade anyone, which guy to pickup. I will say since I have been watching him since late last season and seen the progress that he is making he is not a flash in the pan and he will get plenty of opportunities to put up very nice numbers all season IMHO even when Steve gets back. He may not be a Gates or a Gonzo just yet, but he has the potential to get better and the drive to become one of the best TEs in the game. His OC is a former OL that likes to involve the TE and if he occupies a LB or a safety in coverage that only benefits SS. With the speed he has to work the middle and stretch the field he will get plenty of chances to have some regular looks all game and will be a weapon in the red zone so his TD numbers at the end of the season will be maybe around 7-8 in my best guess. If someone like Lee is on your team and Rosario is on the WW still.... Grab him now before you lost the chance!!! :wacko: