[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Let's talk Torain

Horses Mouth

What's the Huddle's take on this kid? He wasn't placed on PUP and could be back week 6. I heard he was looking like he could seal the #1RB spot in DEN prior to the injury. Now, a dedicated DEN #1RB is very elusive ever since Portis left, but is he worth a pickup in a couple of weeks in you can spare the roster spot. Thoughts? TIA

I own him in every league I play in, including drafting him in 2 BOTH redraft leagues after he was hurt - we have enough roster room to carry an extra player or two.

DEN's coaches love the kid and it looked like he was moving into featured RB territory before he got hurt. DEN's coaches have also soured on Young a bit, as can be seen by his limited work vs OAK. I don't know if they did that to send a message and Young will start this week or if they don't think he's as good as Hall, who is a very limited RB.

I do see an improvement across the DEN Oline from last year, I see that DEN is still searching for a bonafide RB who can handle 20 carries week after week, and I also see that they aren't trying out any WW RBs. That smells like opportunity for Torain, and I happen to think he'll be an outstanding asset after DEN's bye, which would bode well down the stretch - the reason why I drafted him & continue to roster him in redraft leagues despite his being hurt. He'll also have fresh legs, which could be a real asset. I'm not looking for any contribution from him before week 9, which is the week after DEN's bye.

What's the Huddle's take on this kid? He wasn't placed on PUP and could be back week 6. I heard he was looking like he could seal the #1RB spot in DEN prior to the injury. Now, a dedicated DEN #1RB is very elusive ever since Portis left, but is he worth a pickup in a couple of weeks in you can spare the roster spot. Thoughts? TIA

is this a John Elway alias ?

I own him in every league I play in, including drafting him in 2 BOTH redraft leagues after he was hurt - we have enough roster room to carry an extra player or two.

DEN's coaches love the kid and it looked like he was moving into featured RB territory before he got hurt. DEN's coaches have also soured on Young a bit, as can be seen by his limited work vs OAK. I don't know if they did that to send a message and Young will start this week or if they don't think he's as good as Hall, who is a very limited RB.

I do see an improvement across the DEN Oline from last year, I see that DEN is still searching for a bonafide RB who can handle 20 carries week after week, and I also see that they aren't trying out any WW RBs. That smells like opportunity for Torain, and I happen to think he'll be an outstanding asset after DEN's bye, which would bode well down the stretch - the reason why I drafted him & continue to roster him in redraft leagues despite his being hurt. He'll also have fresh legs, which could be a real asset. I'm not looking for any contribution from him before week 9, which is the week after DEN's bye.

Good info here, I'll get him on my roster too and hope for the best come the 2nd half of the year.

Broncos homer here...

I just don't see this developing into much--this year. Yes, they love the kid. Yes, he's well suited for the system. But, he's a rookie, who got NO work in the preseason. Shannahan typically doesn't go that route.

It took Olandis Gary and Mike Anderson (28yrs old rookie at the time) injuries and playing TIME (i.e., Special Teams) to get worked into the mix, as rookies. Clinton Portis was pretty special in his rookie preseason, gaining off the momentum of an impressive senior season at Miami, so it obvious to go with him.

I just dont see that this time around...not with 3 other backs in the mix. Unless they look horrible.

I still like Andre Hall the best. He's looked good, preseason and week one - against the Raiders (maybe we should consider that a preseason game as well...?)

Broncos homer here...

I just don't see this developing into much--this year. Yes, they love the kid. Yes, he's well suited for the system. But, he's a rookie, who got NO work in the preseason. Shannahan typically doesn't go that route.

It took Olandis Gary and Mike Anderson (28yrs old rookie at the time) injuries and playing TIME (i.e., Special Teams) to get worked into the mix, as rookies. Clinton Portis was pretty special in his rookie preseason, gaining off the momentum of an impressive senior season at Miami, so it obvious to go with him.

I just dont see that this time around...not with 3 other backs in the mix. Unless they look horrible.

I still like Andre Hall the best. He's looked good, preseason and week one - against the Raiders (maybe we should consider that a preseason game as well...?)

All good valid points....BUT i've never seen the Broncos use three RB's the way they did in week 1. Clearly, nobody has established himself as the main man. Traditionally somebody in the mad Shanny system takes the lions share of the carries. Since none of the current healthy RB's have, who's to say Torain couldn't emerge? I say definately take a shot with Torain if you have the roster space.

All good valid points....BUT i've never seen the Broncos use three RB's the way they did in week 1. Clearly, nobody has established himself as the main man. Traditionally somebody in the mad Shanny system takes the lions share of the carries. Since none of the current healthy RB's have, who's to say Torain couldn't emerge? I say definately take a shot with Torain if you have the roster space.

+1....he must not like any of those guys...