[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

uh-oh Larry...

hooknladder

Chiefs notes: Edwards wants Charles to carry bigger load

Charles Edwards wants rookie Charles to get more involved

Chiefs rookie running back Jamaal Charles might take on a heavier load, coach Herm Edwards said Friday. With Charles’ speed and the way he played in last week’s loss at New England, Edwards said Charles has to be a factor.

“He needs to touch the ball more,” Edwards said.

Charles, one of the Chiefs’ third-round picks this year, started last week alongside Larry Johnson. Charles averaged 5.6 yards on his five carries and also caught two passes.

Edwards said the Chiefs have to reduce the number of times they go three-and-out, which prevents the team from getting the ball into the hands of playmakers such as Charles. Of the Chiefs’ 11 possessions last week, they went three-and-out four times.

“You’d like to keep it within two, three at the most,” Edwards said. “Then if you get 11 possessions you’ve got to play to get six, seven, eight, 10-play drives and all those guys come and play for you. If you go three-and-out it’s very difficult to get those guys the ball.”

I've been wondering about this guy....he's probably on the waivers in every leagues, and the more and more I see LJ do nothing, I wonder when it's "his time". He looked great the other week, but I see little to no talk about handcuffing this guy or LJ possibly being demoted.

Any KC homers have any ideas? Is it crazy to think he could ever start over LJ this season?

I've been wondering about this guy....he's probably on the waivers in every leagues, and the more and more I see LJ do nothing, I wonder when it's "his time". He looked great the other week, but I see little to no talk about handcuffing this guy or LJ possibly being demoted.

Any KC homers have any ideas? Is it crazy to think he could ever start over LJ this season?

He won't start over LJ this year.

Since when did anyone start believing in the "preacher'? That is, if you can actually understand what in the H he was saying in the first place.

"We have two QB's and we need to get both of them in the game. We lost 1 QB, but we still have 2 more. That's one more than we need, but we have 2 of them, and we'll use both of them. I'm not sure how much we'll use them, but that's where it is. We'll use 'em. Bet on that. Charles will get his touches too. We need him to get more touches. We need fewer 3 and outs. That means the defense is on the field too much, so we'll use both QB's and Charles will touch the ball."

"Did I ever tell you how Vick is like a chicken? He's like that. When I was a kid, we'de chase chickens, and they were hard to catch. He's like that......"