[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Baltimore - Houston game

Grits and Shins

How is your league going to handle it? MOVED TO WEEK 10

Options seem to include:

1) Tough luck for owners of players on those teams.

2) Owners submit line ups as normal and can include players on these teams in the hopes that the game will be played at a future date. They have opted to suspend the results of their fantasy game until the make up game has been played. They also take the risk of getting a zero if the game is never made up or if their player gets hurt between now and the make up week.

3) Expand the rosters of impacted teams allowing them to pick up 1 week players to fill in (especially helpful if your only kicker is one of these or your only defense is one of these).

Edited by Grits and Shins

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How is your league going to handle it?

Not sure yet. In one league TOS said this

My feelings would be to set your lineup as if the game will count towards this weeks totals. I would like to include the results of the game towards week 2 whenever the game is played. Even if we have to retroactively insert the results.

Of course, I would like everyone's thoughts on this, before any final decision is made.

I think it should be simple and treated like a bye week. Retrocative score changes seems to invite trouble.

Unless I think of some creative / fair way around this, I'll likely just treat it as though every HOU & BAL player is injured & out for the week. It's not like anybody has any control of the situation, so stinks for any FF teams counting on Shaub, AJ, etc ... but not all that different it seems than if they were lost for a week due to injury or suspension.

Until I hear officially it's cancelled , then I could call the NFL front office a bunch of stupid idiotic mf'ing dumb asses for not having another plan of action.

OK The NFL sucks!!

The only way to handle it is to treat it like a bye otherwise you have to change the scores of other weeks also. Byes have been change which could really screw some teams now, possibly both qb's on bye and such. Just a big freakin mess because these idiots actually thought they might be able to play a game 2 days after a major hurricane. Fluckin Idiots. They had no problems moving the Saints to NY and calling it a home game.

Edited by SLAYER

The 2 leagues that I am commissioner of will simply treat it as bye weeks for those teams. These fantasy games are taking place this weekend, not part now and part in October. Anyone who puts these players in their lineup will get 0 for those players.

That is the most logical way to handle it in my opinion.

The 2 leagues that I am commissioner of will simply treat it as bye weeks for those teams. These fantasy games are taking place this weekend, not part now and part in October. Anyone who puts these players in their lineup will get 0 for those players.

I agree... Plus, it's not like they're losing those players for a game. They no longer have a bye on week 10. Sucks if somebody like Schaub is your only option for this week, but I really don't like the idea of waiting until week 10 to establish results for week 2.

The two league I commish I'm treating it like a bye week. When I 1st heard I posted on our home page alerting everyone. And just posted this message when the official word came down.

The NFL has cancelled the HOU / BALT game for week two - It'll be made up week 10. Any one starting those players this week will get zero [0] points! So adjust your line ups accordingly. If you're having problems setting your line up you can always call me [***-****] and I'll do what I can just remember it's your respoonsibility.

The Commish -

They just changed bye weeks around folks...let's get a grip.

Exactly. So, the bye week comes early for Houston and Baltimore. I'm commish of one league and told the owners to treat it as a bye week and make roster accomodations as appropriate. It helps that we are allowed FCFS (after our blind bid period) all the up until kickoff tomorrow.

I have told the two leagues that I am commissioner of that those teams are on bye this week, plan accordingly. The good news is that those players will be availalble to their teams the remainder of the year.

This really seems like the only play here.

I was hoping for a quick replacement game, but no such luck.

Bye week for Balt and Hou in week 2 seems like the only option.

This really sucks though being that it is this week since in most leagues the first 3 games of the year are usually played against those within your division making them that much more important. It's one thing to lose a key guy to injury it's another to lose them to an unscheduled bye week.

Edited by SF409ers

Our league is handling this in the same way. We allow Add/Drops Saturday night, so if someone is in a jam, they have time to correct (provided thay are near a computer). We also sent out text messages to all team owners alerting them to this change. Both the commish and co-commish are available by telephone to make any roster changes needed for owners who are out-of-town.

It is an easy fix for local leauges. This becomes Bal and Hou bye weeks...if a team needs to pick up a player to replace a player that they were going to play in FA that is fine...like if they only had 1 DF and it was Balt or 1 kicker and it was Houston ect.

In my 3 local leauges I run it isn't a big deal at all because I allow teams to pick up players on Saturday.

Now in the WCOFF and other high stakes leagues there are problems since they only allow pick ups on Friday

This means for teams that only have 1 kicker or DF or TE or too many WR's from Balt/Hou your in trouble if they don't allow another run of the waiver moves. I have several teams in this bind right now.