[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

UGA

SEC=UGA

Well, they didn't play like the #2 team. Defensive secondary is awful. Offensive line was getting pushed around. Recievers were dropping passes. And Stafford can't throw a ball accurately over 20 yards.

I've not watched ASU this year, but something tells me they're going to pass for 400 yards and win by 2 to 3 touchdowns.

UGA is not the number one or two team in the country from what I saw today, hell, they might not even be a top 10 team. Absolutely pathetic.

Well, they didn't play like the #2 team. Defensive secondary is awful. Offensive line was getting pushed around. Recievers were dropping passes. And Stafford can't throw a ball accurately over 20 yards.

I've not watched ASU this year, but something tells me they're going to pass for 400 yards and win by 2 to 3 touchdowns.

UGA is not the number one or two team in the country from what I saw today, hell, they might not even be a top 10 team. Absolutely pathetic.

Didn't South Carolina beat Georgia last year? It is possible that South Carolina simply plays well against Georgia. I'll reserve my view of how good or bad Georgia is after a few more weeks. Spurrier always seems to have success against Georgia.

I still believe that UGA is one of the best 3 teams in the country. South Carolina is not a push over and had one of the best defenses in the country. We just had an off day. It happens. I still would like UGA's chances against USC on any given day. Unfortunately, because of the almost impossible schedule, I doubt that they will get the chance. I do not think that any team, including USC, would have much of a chance of making it through this schedule unbeaten. I agree that the offense last week looked flat and the secondary had its problems last week, but even with a obviously bad week of play, we still beat a tough SEC team that was amped up to get a crack at the number 2 team in the country.

well, ASU hasn't looked good either, but they are capable of erupting-

yer boys better put up some points this weekend- b/c ASU is gonna be fired up after last weeks debacle- I think they got caught looking to the UGA game. I have watched USC enough- they aren't that good IMO- Vandy ripped thru their defense- their offense is piss poor, so all in all UGA hasn't proved a whole lot yet.

Trips out west are few and far between for the SEC - y'all don't fare too well on the left coast

I think it will be a helluva game - late kick crowd will be goin ballistic.

I have watched USC enough- they aren't that good IMO- Vandy ripped thru their defense- their offense is piss poor, so all in all UGA hasn't proved a whole lot yet.

Trips out west are few and far between for the SEC - y'all don't fare too well on the left coast

I think it will be a helluva game - late kick crowd will be goin ballistic.

I agree with all of this except the bold statement above. Vandy had only 225 total yards in that game and S. Carolina turned the ball over 3 times. Granted it's Vandy but "ripped thru their defense" is a bit much. I think USC's D is much better than you give them credit for. If ASU's D is not rock solid then Georgia will get their points. Could be a good game, hell maybe a great game but don't be licking your chops just yet.

All that said, I will definitely be watching this one.

I agree with all of this except the bold statement above. Vandy had only 225 total yards in that game and S. Carolina turned the ball over 3 times. Granted it's Vandy but "ripped thru their defense" is a bit much. I think USC's D is much better than you give them credit for. If ASU's D is not rock solid then Georgia will get their points. Could be a good game, hell maybe a great game but don't be licking your chops just yet.

All that said, I will definitely be watching this one.

fair enough- Vandy did move the ball pretty well in the 2nd half of that game-

this will be a classis SEC D vs Pac 10 O matchup. The ASU loss to UNLV was a pretty big shocker out here- not really sure which team will show up to be honest, they looked like chit - the O is capable- am hoping for a good one

Only thing AZ State has going for them is that its those iffy west coast trips. You saw it with Tennessee losing to a terrible UCLA team. If this game was played in Athens or a neutral field, Georgia rips ASU by 3 td's + but it's in the desert, so Az State has a shot.

iffy - as in UGA has not traveled to the best coast since 1960?? the only SEC team that actually sacks up and makes trips out here is Tenn. other than that the SEC never comes out here- I give UGA some credit- the rest of the SEC need to sack up once in a while bc the Pac 10 consistantly makes trips to the south.

well Brian- it is being played in Tempe- and not between the hedges so................

iffy - as in UGA has not traveled to the best coast since 1960?? the only SEC team that actually sacks up and makes trips out here is Tenn. other than that the SEC never comes out here- I give UGA some credit- the rest of the SEC need to sack up once in a while bc the Pac 10 consistantly makes trips to the south.

LSU played on the west coast 2 out of the last 3 years and will head to Washington next season. Pretty sure one of those games was against your Arizona bunch. :wacko:

I still feel that our secondary can be easily exploited and that our O line has some serious flaws in it, mainly due to the youth of the line. From the articles Ihave read, ASU has a pretty good pair of rush ends and can play the pitch and catch game pretty well. I think we have to run early and often, use our size to wear out the d-line and control the clock, we need to shorten this game as much as possible. Playing two deep coverage would be a good idea and let ASU try to run against our big D-line, we just have to keep them from employing an aerial attack and cut off the long ball. If we can't do his, game over early.

oh yeah- that was ugly - ok LSU is playing our weaker squads but ya gotta admit the SEC needs to travel out here more often

Come on now...weaker squads? It's not like these schedules are made a year out.

Are you saying Arizona, Arizona State and Washington are perennial losers? What I think you are saying is why doesn't LSU play at USC. Which by the way they did in the mid 1980's and came home with a victory. Not 100% sure but didn't both Arkansas and Alabama make a trip out west not too long ago?

rocker is right, bammer and arky went out west both got thumped (bammer by UCLA in 2000, and Arky got completely creamed in 05, in fact I think USC just scored again). Auburn also went out to LA in 2002 and got beat by USC in a relatively close ball game. USC then went to Auburn in 03 and manhandled them. USC can't play everyone, so if people are looking at USC as the only quality non conference opponent, then there are a LOT of weak schedules out there.

the only SEC team that actually sacks up and makes trips out here is Tenn. other than that the SEC never comes out here- I give UGA some credit- the rest of the SEC need to sack up once in a while bc the Pac 10 consistantly makes trips to the south.

oh yeah- that was ugly - ok LSU is playing our weaker squads but ya gotta admit the SEC needs to travel out here more often

Why should the SEC 'sack up' and come out west, given the current BCS system in place? Every SEC school plays a pretty brutal conference schedule. Some of us have rivalry out of conference games that are usually against ranked opponents (Florida-FSU; Georgia-Georgia Tech, etc). What's the upside of coming out west and risking a loss? When (if) a playoff comes into place, I think you'll see more east-west games during the season. Until then, Tennessee, Georgia, Auburn, LSU, FSU, a rotation that includes Alabama, Arkanasas and an SEC Championship game is a tough enough schedule as far as I'm concerned.

Why should the SEC 'sack up' and come out west, given the current BCS system in place? Every SEC school plays a pretty brutal conference schedule. Some of us have rivalry out of conference games that are usually against ranked opponents (Florida-FSU; Georgia-Georgia Tech, etc). What's the upside of coming out west and risking a loss? When (if) a playoff comes into place, I think you'll see more east-west games during the season. Until then, Tennessee, Georgia, Auburn, LSU, FSU, a rotation that includes Alabama, Arkanasas and an SEC Championship game is a tough enough schedule as far as I'm concerned.

agreed on all counts- there is no reason given the current strength of the SEC to come out west. You won't hear me say anything negative about the SEC- I love it - the rivalries and quality of football, HOWEVER, I was just suprised this was UGA's first trip to the west coast since 19060 - no reason for that at all.

I would love to see more interesting NC games....................

Edited by wildcat2334

All right. Time to crack open a beer and get ready for the game tonight. My faith in my team is unsuperable today. We are going to kick the S HIT out of the Sun Devils. Dawgs by 24. GOOOOOOOOOO, DAWGS, SIC EM!!!!!

All right. Time to crack open a beer and get ready for the game tonight. My faith in my team is unsuperable today. We are going to kick the S HIT out of the Sun Devils. Dawgs by 24. GOOOOOOOOOO, DAWGS, SIC EM!!!!!

I, too, am pulling for a Bulldog rout. Nothing against ASU, but it's the SEC.

I, too, am pulling for a Bulldog rout. Nothing against ASU, but it's the SEC.

See that SEC? A Gator fan rooting for the Dawgs. Could be considered sacreligious, but I don't think so. Unta had a point in South Car. seeming to play UGA tough. It seems in the SEC, there's always a team that has another's number. Auburn has been UF's nemesis lately.

See that SEC? A Gator fan rooting for the Dawgs. Could be considered sacreligious, but I don't think so. Unta had a point in South Car. seeming to play UGA tough. It seems in the SEC, there's always a team that has another's number. Auburn has been UF's nemesis lately.

I told my wife at the beginning of the UT/UF game that I was pulling for florida, she wasn't happy. If it is an ooc game I will pull for ANY SECOND team, though.

I think were just going to have to live with the fact that the original USC and Spurrier will always play us tough.

Well, Green looks pretty good.

I'm very happy with hinm right now. We have been in serious need of a good receiver. Stafford looks to have settled down a bit, still beeds to work on his accuracy. Chapas, the FB, needs to work on his balance and the secondary needs to stay focused. Dennis Ericson is a good coach, he'll make adjustments, we need to come out in the second half ready to play. GOOOOOOOOOO, DAWGS, SIC EM, WOOF, WOOF, WOOF, WOOF!!!!!

Now THIS looks like a team that can make a serious run at this thing. Dawgs looking good right now.

Get our O-line worked out, Stafford more accurate, and our secondary to step up and I agree.

Though, at this point in the season, OU and USC are the best teams out there.

Dammit, I wanted the 24 point win.

The main thing I'm pissed about is what I consider dirty plays by the ASU o line, diving at our d lines legs while the QB is scrambling. They got Wynn's ankle, finally, no flag, and they continued to do it. I'd like to have seen Richt take out Ericcson's knee at the end of the game, bunch of cheap shotting bastages.