[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

what is your league doing with the postponement?

effectaseas

Just trying to get a feeling for what everyone is doing. It is not fair for teams with players on either to now be short this week because of hurricane Ike. You have teams with one kicker, defense,etc and have not been able to prepare(pickup players) to fill in for these players. I hate to cancel a week but it might be the only fair way to resolve this issue. Any thought or ideas would be welcome

Just trying to get a feeling for what everyone is doing. It is not fair for teams with players on either to now be short this week because of hurricane Ike. You have teams with one kicker, defense,etc and have not been able to prepare(pickup players) to fill in for these players. I hate to cancel a week but it might be the only fair way to resolve this issue. Any thought or ideas would be welcome

Thats the way the ball bounces :wacko: They also gain those players in the weeks they would have been out on a normal bye.

Edited by BigTen

Thats the way the ball bounces :wacko: They also gain those players in the weeks they would have been out on a normal bye.

I agree. I am getting screwed because Baltimore was my only defense and waivers are over already. I hope the rest of my team makes up for not having a defense but at least I don't have to waste a waiver move later on in the year to cover their bye week. I don't think the week should be cancelled and I am not going to complain about not having a defense this week as it will solve nothing.

Obvously you dont have anyone on these two teams. I am in three different leagues and I have Andre Johnson on one team, thats it so it really doesnt hurt me to bad but in one league a guy has Owen Daniels, Stover and Balt defense. Just doesnt seem right do just say tough luck. It doesnt hurt anyone to cancel the whole week.

The problem is that some leagues don't allow pickups at this point and they are stuck with one of those two defences. Plus some leagues give penalties for playing a defense on a bye.

There should be a sense of fairness in the league you play in then.

Example: in Outraged here, Ursa is travelling, he might not have access to the net by game time tomorrow. He has Ray Rice in his Lineup. I've already made it known that even if he doesn't make the change himself, a commish should get that player out of his lineup and put someone in who will score points this week.

Your commish should waive the rule for this one time occurence, and if you have a rule book, something like this should be covered in the future, so the sense of fairness exists.

I would totally be against cancelling a full week.

Obvously you dont have anyone on these two teams. I am in three different leagues and I have Andre Johnson on one team, thats it so it really doesnt hurt me to bad but in one league a guy has Owen Daniels, Stover and Balt defense. Just doesnt seem right do just say tough luck. It doesnt hurt anyone to cancel the whole week.

I do. BUt I will gain these guys when more teams are on BYE later in the year. I have back-ups so I am not concerned.

I guess it depends on your rules and scoring. Losing the week for everyone seems unfair to me, but that's me.

mmmm.....if you cancel the whole week then Andre Johnson doesn't have a bye week. That's an advantage for you.

Weather catastrophes postponing a game and making its FF players unavailable, is part of the unpredictable (read: luck) nature of FF, no? You wouldn't give an owner special considerations (e.g. reopening the waiver wire etc.) if one of his players fell down the stairs and broke his leg in an unrelated football accident, would you?

Weather catastrophes postponing a game and making its FF players unavailable, is part of the unpredictable (read: luck) nature of FF, no? You wouldn't give an owner special considerations (e.g. reopening the waiver wire etc.) if one of his players fell down the stairs and broke his leg in an unrelated football accident, would you?

I can see people point on position players since in almost all cases you have reserves you can plug in but I reopened waivers in my league that I run for teams directly effected by this. I dont think it is fair if you have the DEF or K on one of these teams and you have no chance to replace them.

There should be a sense of fairness in the league you play in then.

Example: in Outraged here, Ursa is travelling, he might not have access to the net by game time tomorrow. He has Ray Rice in his Lineup. I've already made it known that even if he doesn't make the change himself, a commish should get that player out of his lineup and put someone in who will score points this week.

Your commish should waive the rule for this one time occurence, and if you have a rule book, something like this should be covered in the future, so the sense of fairness exists.

I would totally be against cancelling a full week.

I agree completely with this. You know Ursa would never leave him in.

I allowed the teams who had Raven's defense and Kris Brown to pick up replacements being they had no other options.As commish I checked all teams lineups and made sure to contact them so they could bench the appropriate players.

Quit your damned whining and make an add/drop or two. Is it really going to kill someone to drop Stover and no longer have him on your roster. Teams should have bench players that could be add/dropped so when a TE or D bye occurs you can replace them. THIS IS HOUSTON'S BYE WEEK. Cancelling the game would give you, the cheater, no bye week for A.Johnson.

In my leagues we treat it as a bye with no special considerations.

If it were up to me:

Since it's possible for a PK to have an injury Sunday morning I think you have to accept the possibility that, w/o a backup you could lose the PK position. So, the risk is yours and I would give no special consideration.

I would make a special allowance for Defense though. While individual defensive players could be lost at the last minute, I don't think it reasonable to think that an owner could anticipate the loss of an entire defense in week 2.

Commish of my work league and I have Andre Johnson and Balt D, which is really the only players anyone would want to start in that game. We're treating it as a bye for both teams, and I'm dropping Pierre Thomas to pick up Carolina. I don't really see want the big deal is. Also, I wouldn't want to play in a league where free agent add/drops end on friday.

I allowed the teams who had Raven's defense and Kris Brown to pick up replacements being they had no other options.As commish I checked all teams lineups and made sure to contact them so they could bench the appropriate players.

We're not allowing any add/drops, but are allowing lineup changes after the normal Sat night 8PM deadline.