[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sehawk WR Logan Payne

bushwacked

I am a realist though. The Seahawks are in termoil in a coaches lame duck season. No receivers. Sore armed/shoulder QB. It's a mess and don't see it being corrected in the near future.

I am not feeling positive about it, but sheesh, the St. Louis Rams are coming to town this weekend.....

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not true in the slightest. Heck, a few years back even had season tickets. People next door are here at my house every Sunday to watch them on the tv.

I am a realist though. The Seahawks are in termoil in a coaches lame duck season. No receivers. Sore armed/shoulder QB. It's a mess and don't see it being corrected in the near future.

The lame duck coach is the one thing that really scares me. I've mentioned this a few times here, but with a lame duck coach, there is always the chance that the players tune him out. The Seahawks are thinking that since his replacement is already in place and on the current staff, the players wouldn't be able to get away with that sort of thing.

For as calculated as Holmgren always is, especially with the press, I was flat-out surprised that he told everybody this would be his last year. We could be making a mountain out of nothing, we'll have to wait and see the next few weeks. If the Rams game is close at half, and the Seahawks can't close the deal again, that would be a pretty good indication that they just aren't playing with the fire that they have been the last several years.

The lame duck coach is the one thing that really scares me. I've mentioned this a few times here, but with a lame duck coach, there is always the chance that the players tune him out. The Seahawks are thinking that since his replacement is already in place and on the current staff, the players wouldn't be able to get away with that sort of thing.

For as calculated as Holmgren always is, especially with the press, I was flat-out surprised that he told everybody this would be his last year. We could be making a mountain out of nothing, we'll have to wait and see the next few weeks. If the Rams game is close at half, and the Seahawks can't close the deal again, that would be a pretty good indication that they just aren't playing with the fire that they have been the last several years.

The lame duck thing is a non-factor. Doesn't explain how Isaac Bruce beats the poopy out of your secondary, which was the primary reason that game ended in an L for the team in blue.

The lame duck thing is a non-factor. Doesn't explain how Isaac Bruce beats the poopy out of your secondary, which was the primary reason that game ended in an L for the team in blue.

Or maybe it does....

These players know that no matter what happens on the field, they won't have to answer to this guy ever again four months from now. Why would they care what Mike Holmgren's assessment of them is? Now, pros are pros, and the Seahawks are full of them, but fearing your coach can be as big of a motivating factor as anything else for some guys. I don't think this was the case in this situation, but if things get any worse (which I can't see happening), it is certainly possible that Holmgren could lose this team, especially some of the younger players that start thinking about next year.

Edited by Seahawks21

The last catch was an incredible (maybe even lucky) catch. Perfectly thown, so some credit needs to go to JTO'sully as well as Bruce. The CB was in position.

The last catch was an incredible (maybe even lucky) catch. Perfectly thown, so some credit needs to go to JTO'sully as well as Bruce. The CB was in position.

I don't think anybody has discounted the efforts of O'Sullivan and Isaac Bruce. You're right though, they should be getting more praise, especially O'Sullivan. That guy played one heckuva game, especially on second half 3rd downs.

No it isn't. The latest injuries? All you can do is laugh. I swear, someone on that team pis.sed off god. It is like they are cursed.

:D

Still my team though. Will stick with em through the down years(like many before this one), unlike these current "bandwagon" fans that I have seen.

I wonder how quickly those in attendance at Seahawk games go AWOL? It will be interesting to monitor this through the season.

I remember in 2003, when the team was just OK that half the stadium was fans of the away team. It was quiet too. Then last season it was all Seahawk fans and the loudest since the Kingdome days. Oh, yeah...They were a playoff team. LOL!!

I miss the fans of the old days when the Hawks were flat out awful yet you wouldn't see any opposing team fans in the dome. That was a fanbase.

What happened to them? They all get old and die? :D

Unfortunately, it is already happening out here. After the game, I found out that some tickets have been sold to Rams fans that I work with. The guy that bought them said he could never get those seats from the ticket holder(another friend of his, a Seahawk fan).

I understood the AWOL comment. :wacko:

Being a fan for 32 years and a former "Domer" myself count me in as one that isn't dead yet.

Don't know what happened to the old fanbase either.

I know one thing, I will NEVER sell my season tickets no matter how bad the Hawks are. :D

Unfortunately, it is already happening out here. After the game, I found out that some tickets have been sold to Rams fans that I work with. The guy that bought them said he could never get those seats from the ticket holder(another friend of his, a Seahawk fan).

I understood the AWOL comment. :wacko:

Being a fan for 32 years and a former "Domer" myself count me in as one that isn't dead yet.

Don't know what happened to the old fanbase either.

I know one thing, I will NEVER sell my season tickets no matter how bad the Hawks are. :D

Yep, Seahawks fans won't go AWOL. If anything, the past few years have created a whole new batch of lifelong Seahawk fans. If we go 20 years between playoff wins again, sure, it will dwindle, but the Seahawks are the most popular team here by so far that it isn't possible for the fans to go AWOL anytime soon. Heck, the Mariners still draw huge and they have been HORRIBLE.