[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Maroney

Miller High Life

Laurence Maroney, RB NE

News: Patriots RB Laurence Maroney left the game Week 2 against the Jets in the second quarter with an apparent shoulder injury. His return is questionable. Maroney had just seven carries for 17 yards before leaving the game.

This guy is a piece work. It is starting to make sense why they are afraid to use him

I will never draft Maroney. I have him in a dynasty league and I can never figure out when to start that dead beat.

I was jaded by his performance at the end of last year and the playoffs. I neglected to remember that NE didn't really have anyone else to run the ball. When they have a few RB's, it is equal to the Den backfield.

pssssstt.....Lawrence Maroney isn't as good as everybody thinks he is. He looks like Stephen Jackson in pads, but funs more like Shaun Alexander. He passes the eye test so well that he always gets drafted too high, but the kid just hasn't ever shown anything. The real hidden reason is that he isn't all that talented.

pssssstt.....Lawrence Maroney isn't as good as everybody thinks he is. He looks like Stephen Jackson in pads, but funs more like Shaun Alexander. He passes the eye test so well that he always gets drafted too high, but the kid just hasn't ever shown anything. The real hidden reason is that he isn't all that talented.

You sure about that? He has a career 4.4 yards a carry and has never flat out failed when given the opportunity. His problem is his OC and scheme, along with nagging injuries. He never gets the ball 20 times a game, so he never has the opportunity to put up massive numbers.

You sure about that? He has a career 4.4 yards a carry and has never flat out failed when given the opportunity. His problem is his OC and scheme, along with nagging injuries. He never gets the ball 20 times a game, so he never has the opportunity to put up massive numbers.

Any idea what his YPC is before/after Dillon?

He hasn't shown that he can handle getting 20 carries a game, heck, he can't seem to handle 12.

To answer your question, no he isn't that good. He doesn't break tackles. He dances behind the line and never ends up getting anywhere. Every once in a while, mostly because of scheme, he gets a huge hole and can break a longer run. I'm just saying that this guy isn't the horse that he has fooled a lot of people into thinking he is.