[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Done.

Jedi

Yeah, when I read "Done", I thought this must have been a Lions or Rams thread. Sir, the Hawks are not "Done". With their schedule, it isn't that big of a feat for them to go 9-5 the rest of the way and win the division.

SEA is done, i agree. Not because they wont win some games, but because I believe it's ARI division from here on out, and SEA has always played a bit above their level anyway. Looks like it just caught up to them. I do believe they'll end up with 7-9, or 8-8 though...

SEA is done, i agree. Not because they wont win some games, but because I believe it's ARI division from here on out, and SEA has always played a bit above their level anyway. Looks like it just caught up to them. I do believe they'll end up with 7-9, or 8-8 though...

WOW!!!!!!!! Played ABOVE their level?? I think most would say that their biggest problem is that too often they play BELOW their level. I can't imagine that the talent of the individual players would lead you to believe that this shouldn't be a good team. Sure, they have holes, but not nearly as many as Arizona.

Arizona has played Miami and SF. Two of the worst teams in the NFL. Sure the Seahawks lost to SF today, but even the bad teams win a couple. They got lucky on two interceptions that bounced off of helmets and won with a kick. How did Frank Gore do against the Hawks? I really think that's all that needs to be said.

Seriously, it's not time to get high on Arizona yet. I am not convinced their defense is what people crack it up to be.

Arizona has played Miami and SF. Two of the worst teams in the NFL. Sure the Seahawks lost to SF today, but even the bad teams win a couple. They got lucky on two interceptions that bounced off of helmets and won with a kick. How did Frank Gore do against the Hawks? I really think that's all that needs to be said.

Seriously, it's not time to get high on Arizona yet. I am not convinced their defense is what people crack it up to be.

well, gore got 99 total yards and a touchdown. :wacko:

and then there's this:

Passing		   CP/AT	  YDS	  TD	  INTJ. O'Sullivan 	20/32 	321 	1 	0

WOW!!!!!!!! Played ABOVE their level?? I think most would say that their biggest problem is that too often they play BELOW their level. I can't imagine that the talent of the individual players would lead you to believe that this shouldn't be a good team. Sure, they have holes, but not nearly as many as Arizona.

I honestly don't see how you can say they have fewer holes than Arizona? by all counts, Arizona is CLEARLY the better paper team, and has been for at least 2 years. Hasselbeck has choked harder than a prom date in big spots. He's had good games, and his "ceiling" is pretty high, but his floor is very low too, so to speak. Its hard to compare the ARI QB situation, but i'll try...Warner's ceiling is just the same, if not higher than Matt's, and his floor never drops for longer than 1 game. Leinart...who knows. QBBC might have to be considered when comparing QBs, but I honestly don't know about Leinart. I think he hurts the ARI QB comparison, but others might disagree...

WR's? please.

Running back? Meh, maybe a slight edge to SEA when you factor in o-lines (only o-lines from years past, this year looks like it could be they caught their unicorn), but i would say Edge would do better on SEA then he has on ARI. I would also say that J.Jones would fall to mediocrity if running behind the ARI o-line of last year and before too... just based on this year, ARI...gotta factor in Hightower...

DEF? player for player there's bigger names on ARI and their defense wasn't terrible last year anyway. The Cards worst enemy was Denny Green & Co.

My point in all this is, the Seahawks often seemed to playing and beating teams they should've lost to, then would fall apart towards the end of the season, or Hasselbeck would crumble. They made the SB, and got pummeled, they've made playoffs and gotten pumelled. I'm not trashing them, I'm complimenting them. They played above their level. Mr. Touchdown Alexander kept them in the running for many games they had no business being in, and when he gave up, they started looking less...less like they belonged in the big name mentions.

I find it interesting that instead of admitting that your division is turning around and is headed in the right direction, you instead minimize other division rivals wins, and sorta float past "the Hawks" losses...

and fwiw, i'm not high on Arizona because of this year, I'm high on them because I always have believed Denny Green was a cancer to them, and I feel they were headed in the right direction last year, and figured they would own that division this year, based largely on SEA starting to look like what i always thought they were..merely playing above their level.

I honestly don't see how you can say they have fewer holes than Arizona? by all counts, Arizona is CLEARLY the better paper team, and has been for at least 2 years. Hasselbeck has choked harder than a prom date in big spots. He's had good games, and his "ceiling" is pretty high, but his floor is very low too, so to speak. Its hard to compare the ARI QB situation, but i'll try...Warner's ceiling is just the same, if not higher than Matt's, and his floor never drops for longer than 1 game. Leinart...who knows. QBBC might have to be considered when comparing QBs, but I honestly don't know about Leinart. I think he hurts the ARI QB comparison, but others might disagree...

WR's? please.

Running back? Meh, maybe a slight edge to SEA when you factor in o-lines (only o-lines from years past, this year looks like it could be they caught their unicorn), but i would say Edge would do better on SEA then he has on ARI. I would also say that J.Jones would fall to mediocrity if running behind the ARI o-line of last year and before too... just based on this year, ARI...gotta factor in Hightower...

DEF? player for player there's bigger names on ARI and their defense wasn't terrible last year anyway. The Cards worst enemy was Denny Green & Co.

My point in all this is, the Seahawks often seemed to playing and beating teams they should've lost to, then would fall apart towards the end of the season, or Hasselbeck would crumble. They made the SB, and got pummeled, they've made playoffs and gotten pumelled. I'm not trashing them, I'm complimenting them. They played above their level. Mr. Touchdown Alexander kept them in the running for many games they had no business being in, and when he gave up, they started looking less...less like they belonged in the big name mentions.

I find it interesting that instead of admitting that your division is turning around and is headed in the right direction, you instead minimize other division rivals wins, and sorta float past "the Hawks" losses...

and fwiw, i'm not high on Arizona because of this year, I'm high on them because I always have believed Denny Green was a cancer to them, and I feel they were headed in the right direction last year, and figured they would own that division this year, based largely on SEA starting to look like what i always thought they were..merely playing above their level.

I'm sorry, but have you ever heard of Marcus Trufant, Lofa Tatupu, Julian Peterson, Leroy Hill, or Patrick Kerney?????

And yes, I know who Adrian Wilson is, thanks.

The Seahawks have five players that are better than Arizona's second best on defense.

Arizona has pretty WR's, and a good safety, but thats it. It. They won't be 8-8.

Arizona homer here. I believe the true test to see if the Cards are for real is next week in Washington. A win there tells me they are for real. The Cards have beat teams they should beat unlike last year when lost twice to the 49ers. We have the best coaching here since the Gene Stallings days. I believe a 10-6 record is not out of the realm. Could of had that last year if not for the losses to the 49ers.

Arizona homer here. I believe the true test to see if the Cards are for real is next week in Washington. A win there tells me they are for real. The Cards have beat teams they should beat unlike last year when lost twice to the 49ers. We have the best coaching here since the Gene Stallings days. I believe a 10-6 record is not out of the realm. Could of had that last year if not for the losses to the 49ers.

Washington will be one of the bottom 5 teams in the NFL at the end of the season. Count on it.

Really, as a Seagulls fan you should be thankful that you've basically had the last decade of 6 gimme wins every season...I'd have to think the mindset in the Seattle front office every year was simply just 'win those 2-3 games against a few teams outside of our division'...'somebody get on the horn with the NFL scheduling committee and see if we can play Detroit, Cinci, and Oakland this year'... :wacko: