[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What's up with Roy Williams?

NYCDOG

For those of you who got to watch the GB-Detroit game, what was the deal with Roy Williams? Was he not getting open and/or not getting looks? Is this a trend for the rest of the season (i.e. 40-50 yards, maybe a TD)? I thought he was going kindof low in the drafts this year and was surprised I got him so late. Now it appears there may be good reason for it.

Went to the game today. Early on Kitna was actually spreading the ball around to Roy, Megatron, Furry, Kevin Smith, etc. As the game went on, Megatron made a great grab for a TD thru coverage. Then Kitna began to lock onto Megatron after that and he got the 2nd TD. After that, Kitna totally was focused on Megatron and thru 2 picks into double coverage like a dumb azz.

Pretty certain Megatron is now viewed as the #1 option...and since I own him I'm stoked. :wacko:

Edited by splotchman

Of the 4 leagues I'm in this year, Megatron was drafted ahead of Roy in ONE of them. And the guy who did it is beating me this week.

Oh, and I got Roy 4 picks after he took Calvin. . . .

:wacko:

Yeah, I'm not loving my Roy Williams pick right about now. Roy had a couple of bad drops early in the game. Not pretty.

Roy always has a couple key drops each game. Aside from a couple big games, I think 60 yards and a TD is all you can hope for.

In Roy's 12 games last year, four were good fantasywise:

111 yards, 1 TD

204 yards, 1 TD

106 yards, 0 TD

47 yards, 2 TD

the other eight he averaged 46 yards and 0.125 TDs

He doesnt always get open, he doesnt work hard every play, he drops passes, he would rather step out of bounds than throw a stiff arm or try to get any extra yards. He knows he is probably gone after this season, traded if the Lions had 1/8 of a brain. Oh and...KITNA stinks.

Edited by RussMan

He doesnt always get open, he doesnt work hard every play, he drops passes, he would rather step out of bounds than throw a stiff arm or try to get any extra yards. He knows he is probably gone after this season, traded if the Lions had 1/8 of a brain. Oh and...KITNA stinks.

Doesn't get more damming than that. That's the thing though, since he is a FA next year, you would think he would be doing all the thngs you listed above to increase his market value.