[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Frustrated LJ feels like he’s being phased out

fingfootball

link

Johnson said after the Chiefs’ 23-8 loss to Oakland at Arrowhead Stadium that he was obviously being phased out of the offense. Johnson had the second-lowest rushing total during his time as the Chiefs’ featured back, with 22 yards in 12 carries.

“I’ve got to sit back and figure that the writing is on the wall, that this season or next season could be my last season as a Chief,” Johnson said. “I don’t know. But obviously if they’re making personnel changes now and I’m not even in for any of the snaps to (try to) help win this game, then that pretty much says it all.

“I’m not dumb. I know what’s going on. I sense what’s going on. Nobody should run the ball if it isn’t me. I always felt that way. If I’m not getting the ball, then I should be tired. If I’m not tired and I’m not getting the ball, then there’s something going on. I’ve just got to deal with it.”

Dear LJ,

Your team sucks. The only reason you get the ball is to try to shorten the game by keeping the clock running with run plays. Once KC is behind by more than one score, they are in trouble and are forced to throw in a hopeless effort to catch up.

It's got nothing to do with you, and will probably lengthen your career by a year or two.

In the meantime, enjoy watching the game from your superb viewpoint.

Love,

Your admirers.

He seems to really look like Shaun Alexander running the ball, runs into the back of his lineman and as soon as someone puts a hand on him he goes to the ground. If he gets to the second level he can be dangerous, but he doesn;t have the vision to bounce it outside and get to that level. I'm about to think he's pretty much done. Trade him now and get something for him is what I think. Fire Herm now, anyone can come up with a better game plan than that pathetic game played yesterday, that was embarrassing as a fan, to the city and org. Unbelieveable!

Edited by Hat Trick

Yeah. Don't care about playing and winning. Just cash your check and let your team implode.

You're right. It's perfectly reasonable for LJ to call out the organization that he strong-armed for a massive contract. A contract that he wouldn't have even gotten close to earning without future HOFers Will Shields and Willie Roaf plowing holes large enough to drive a Mack truck through. LJ has a right to feel wronged. :wacko:

Edited by Bill Swerski