[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Locking Topics?

RaiderSteve

I tried to comment on the huddle rating LJ a RB1 for the week but it looks like the topic is locked??? What ever happened to freedom of speech here? If the boys at da huddle messed up you guys gotta step up and admit your mistake and not lock the topic! Really though I never seen anything like it, what Herm was doing with his offense!!! LJ looks to be the odd man out now in the back field? Maybe bump Charles up a bit or forget the whole KC backfield completely?

Tom Selleck was a second rate coach (that should get this thread locked and/or deleted... hopefully not me too)

No, Selleck sucked as a coach. It was the hat that was second rate. (if you're going to kill it, then kill it)

As was discussed already in that thread, LJ was ranked in a similar vein by other sites and it has only been two games so far and with the advantage of hindsight. We'll see where he ends up for the year but neither we nor any other site issue rankings based on the first two weeks. It should have been no surprise that LJ had problems in NE in the first game when I projected that he would rush for 40 yards and have 50 yards in receptions for 90 total yards and no score. He ended up with with 74 yards rushing and 12 yards receiving for a total of 86 yards with no touchdowns. Was that one close enough for you?

Not sure why you want to go pit bull on Larry Johnson when the Chiefs lost their starting QB in the first quarter of a game that the defense stacked against the run and elected to only run Johnson twice in the second half and never throw to him. Since I was 96% correct on week one, it appears your problem is that I did not forsee the quarterback getting injured this week and the team turning to the #3 QB and then mysteriously not using LJ at all in the second half.

I am good. I honestly believe I am among the best. But nobody is that good.

So I locked it.

As was discussed already in that thread, LJ was ranked in a similar vein by other sites and it has only been two games so far and with the advantage of hindsight. We'll see where he ends up for the year but neither we nor any other site issue rankings based on the first two weeks. It should have been no surprise that LJ had problems in NE in the first game when I projected that he would rush for 40 yards and have 50 yards in receptions for 90 total yards and no score. He ended up with with 74 yards rushing and 12 yards receiving for a total of 86 yards with no touchdowns. Was that one close enough for you?

Not sure why you want to go pit bull on Larry Johnson when the Chiefs lost their starting QB in the first quarter of a game that the defense stacked against the run and elected to only run Johnson twice in the second half and never throw to him. Since I was 96% correct on week one, it appears your problem is that I did not forsee the quarterback getting injured this week and the team turning to the #3 QB and then mysteriously not using LJ at all in the second half.

I am good. I honestly believe I am among the best. But nobody is that good.

So I locked it.

If someone doesn't want to read that entire post, here's the synopsis:

Bitchslap. :wacko:

Edited by Hugh 0ne

I must be losing my touch.

Barry Sanders < Emmitt Smith

Let's see if that one works.

Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like it if I got angry...

(-Risk) The first season under HC Herman Edwards went well enough for Johnson who rushed for a career high 1789 yards and 17 touchdowns and then added 41 caches for 410 more yards and two additional touchdowns. But his average rush declined from 5.2 to 4.3 yards per rush. In 2007 with more offensive line problems and no longer having Trent Green, Johnson only played for exactly eight games with 158 carries for 559 yards and three touchdowns and an anemic 3.5 yards per carry. He already had 30 catches for 186 yards but his average gain declined sharply there as well (10.0 down to 6.2). Had he continued his season on that pace, he would have only had 1100 rushing yards and six scores. Not exactly a first round value. His value would have been propped up with receptions in leagues awarding them points. But Johnson injured what was initially described as a broken bone in his foot. He missed the entire second half of the season with what was later disclosed as a cracked bone in his fourth toe that caused significant swelling. Johnson says he is 100% healed and ready for 2008.

The Chiefs have hired ex-Cowboys and Georgia Tech headcoach Chan Gailey to direct the offense this year and “establish Larry Johnson as the centerpiece of their offense”. That is a prudent move given the problems with the passing game. The Chiefs will install a “Denver-style” rushing game which will favor Johnson’s style but the offensive line that once rated as tops in the league has fallen from being top five in almost every category to being bottom five last year. As a team, the Chiefs only gained 3.4 yards per carry which came in 31st in the league. The lack of a cohesive and productive quarterback situation has a dramatic effect on the rushing game and it does not appear to be upgraded for 2008.

Johnson will be the focal point of this offense but even his diminished results from last year did not include what happened once the team switched from Damon Huard to Brodie Croyle. It only became even worse for the offense. And Huard appears to be out of the plans for 2008 so this offense could suffer an even worse fate than last year. While they have added a few relative unknowns for the offensive line, OG John Welbourn and C Casey Wiegman are gone. The situation in Kansas City just doesn’t appear favorable though the rushing schedule is lighter than most teams. Johnson will get drafted too early in most leagues based on what happened two years ago on a different offense with different players.

I don't usually defend the hudle, but DMD actaully had him as a risk. He was rated #12 for runningbacks and that is not even overall. This the write up on him prior to the season starting. This basically states he is going to suck this year. Draft at your own risk.