[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Koren Robinson to once again be a Seahawk

Medal of Honor

Edit: It's Official

http://blog.seattletimes.nwsource.com/seah...ndex.html#32195

Koren Robinson's agent just confirmed Koren Robinson has signed with the Seahawks.

It's believed to be a one-year deal with the Seahawks, returning him to the team that first drafted him into the NFL in 2001.

Robinson’s breakout season in 2002 when he caught 78 passes for 1,240 yards followed by two years in which his production plummeted and finally 2004 when he was suspended four games by the league, benched one game by his coached and released by the Seahawks that offseason after being arrested for DUI.

He was arrested again in Minnesota the following year and suspended by the NFL for a year, but has not had any incidents in the two years since.

Robinson’s addition comes after injuries have decimated the wide receiver position. Bobby Engram, the top returning receiver from last season, is out with a broken shoulder, Deion Branch still isn’t back from offseason knee surgery and Nate Burleson, Logan Payne and Ben Obomanu have been lost to season-ending injuries.

Enter Robinson, who played with the Packers last season and caught 21 passes. He made the Pro Bowl in 2005 with the Vikings as a returner so he could factor into the Seahawks punt return team.

Edited by Medal of Honor

I always thoughht part of the reason he was gone was not only the booze, but a bad attitude in the locker room. Appearantly he's actually a nice guy who just can't put the bottle down. That should not stop the Seahawks. I mean, Tatapu got a DUI last week.

Edited by Medal of Honor

I always thoughht part of the reason he was gone was not only the booze, but a bad attitude in the locker room. Appearantly he's actually a nice guy who just can't put the bottle down. That should not stop the Seahawks. I mean, Tatapu got a DUI last week.

He got another one???

Or wasn't that like a month ago?

Hi fellow Hawk fans! New here.

All I can say after this week is....Oh, boy... :wacko:

Has this EVER happened to another team?

It happens to at least one or two teams every year. STL and PHI are other teams that have had really bad injury years in the recent past. Of course even they lasted longer than week one before the implosion.

I guess it's official. All that has to happen now is for Koren to pass the physical and sign a deal.

I guess I have to hope it works out and wish the best for him.

I won't expect much so if something does work, I will be delighted.

It would make one hell of a redemption story if this has a positive ending.

Does he attend AA? Has he given up the booze?

Yes and he takes anabuse, that drug that makes you ill if you take any alcohol at all. I can look up what he did if you want. It's been a couple of years since he did any drinking.

He and Ricky seem to be success stories the NFL should sponsor.

I'd like more info on the "Roy Firestone" story of Koren Robinson.

I mean this wasn't just one DUI, no? You don't have to go into rehab and almost lose your career over a DUI. Was there all kinds of other stuff - drunk at practice, etc, etc?

How bad did it get? Did this guy really hit bottom enough to reform? Or is this just another accident waiting to happen?